Jman444

Hyperspace Report Predictions?

With the Hyperspace Report nearly upon us, Im curious to see what everyone's predictions are for tomorrow? What do you think will be discussed regarding Legion?

Im predicting at the very least, we will get a clarified/updated RRG, the announcement of our first Imperial Special Forces, and the third Imperial commander^_^

Hi.

I made a thread about the same subject in the Armada forum, so thanks for making one here so that I didn't have to.

My prediction for the Hyperspace Report is that Scout Troopers will be revealed as the Imperial Spec-Ops. In addition, the Commander I'd like to see with them would be Moff Jerjerrod.

7 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

I am guessing something similar: Imperial Commandos of some sort.

I would say Thrawn with Scouttroopers or Krennick and Death Troopers.

I have no doubt we will see them eventually, but I'm under the impression that they want to stick to the original trilogy for the first few waves. Which leaves me to wonder, what Imperial special forces appear in the films? Maybe royal guards, scout troopers, or bounty hunters? Boba Fett would be a great addition to the game.

Edited by Contrapulator

12 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Hi.

I made a thread about the same subject in the Armada forum, so thanks for making one here so that I didn't have to.

My prediction for the Hyperspace Report is that Scout Troopers will be revealed as the Imperial Spec-Ops. In addition, the Commander I'd like to see with them would be Moff Jerjerrod.

I’d like to see agent Kallus with the scout troopers. His battlefield armor in Rebels would look great on the board. 

1 minute ago, Contrapulator said:

I have no doubt we will see them eventually, but I'm under the impression that they want to stick to the original trilogy for the first few waves. Which leaves me to wonder, what Imperial special forces appear in the films? Maybe royal guards, scout troopers, or bounty hunters?

Royal Guards Fill the Melee Bruiser role, whilst the Rebel Commandos are set up to be Long Range Snipers.

Scout Troopers make the most likely choice, whilst Royal Guards would have a counterpart with either Wookiee Warriors or the Rebel Honour Guard.

Just now, Patteous said:

I’d like to see agent Kallus with the scout troopers. His battlefield armor in Rebels would look great on the board. 

The reason I picked Jerjerrod was that he was the overseer for the Empire's Endor Operations.

Kallus would, in my opinion, work better with other ISB Troopers/Infiltrators.

20 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

I am guessing something similar: Imperial Commandos of some sort.

I would say Thrawn with Scouttroopers or Krennick and Death Troopers.

Thrawn and Death Troopers were both just recently revealed for SWIA. I think that they would have just gone ahead and announced them for Legion as well.

It would be almost underwhelming to me to have FFG just announce them being "Super Sized" to Legion scale.

In the "Learn to Play" book they mention "Droids" and "Repulsor Tanks". I hope it some thing along those lines.

Edited by C3POFETT

15 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Hi.

Haha, No problem! Im anxious to hear what people think and to see what is discussed for all SW games.

6 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

I have no doubt we will see them eventually, but I'm under the impression that they want to stick to the original trilogy for the first few waves. Which leaves me to wonder, what Imperial special forces appear in the films? Maybe royal guards, scout troopers, or bounty hunters? Boba Fett would be a great addition to the game.

I agree, Im guessing Royal Guards or Scout Troopers- Death troopers would be awesome though, and since Rogue One is in the OT timeline, it wouldn't be too much a stretch.

It seems like FFG likes to release things that are anti-parallel (if thats what you call it) to each other in games. For example, the Imperial support is a repulsor vehicle, while the Rebels is a walker. Yet the Imperial heavy is a walker while the Rebel is a repulsor vehicle.

With that being said, I wonder if because Rebel commandos are more of sniper/long range unit, that we will get some closer combat special forces units. Possibly royal guards for close combat/melee? Death troopers could work too, having more powerful close range blasters..

19 minutes ago, Cornwolf said:

Do you think they might announce something big like some new vehicles? 

Since we have a good / rough idea of what the SF and commander will be, I would hope they mention vehicles and terrain. We see the "stationary" keyword from the deployment cards in the terrain set that was announced, hopefully we learn what the first unit to have that keyword will be.

I predict they will announce ... Star Wars stuff. 

Legion items I hope might get announced ... Chewbacca support, Imperial scout-snipers, dewback troopers and tauntauns, droids and ewoks and jawas ... maybe a landspeeder  and T-16. 

Edited by Hawkstrike

1 minute ago, Hawkstrike said:

I predict they will announce ... Star Wars stuff. 

Legion items I hope might get announced ... Chewbacca support, Imperial scout-snipers, dewback troopers and tauntauns, droids and ewoks and jawas ... maybe a landspeeder  and T-16. 

Now that really would be exciting. Not for my bank balance but for me I'd be like a Rancor in ...

Things I want from Legion:

First Order Army Starter; which includes Phasma, two First Order Stormtrooper squads..   who am I kidding...  this won't happen, but I want it.   

Krennic and deathtroopers would be a decent parallel to the  rebel commandos. Not only do they work in squads,  but we have seen smaller groupings as bodyguards.   

I would also like to see a Probe Droid, perhaps a probe droid/interrogator droid two pack.   

New objective/terrain pack; with AI controlled hostile creatures/denizens.

fingers crossed. 1 month after Rune wars came out they announced the 3rd faction. I'm really hoping for that here. definitely getting an update to the RRG. probably the imperial counter to the special forces.  Did Alex or anyone for that matter ever officially say they were looking to make this a multi faction game like warhammer or is that dream just fan driven? I want so bad for this to be a great Warhammer alternative. its a good one already but to be great they are going to need factions for sure.

20 minutes ago, thebigeb2589 said:

fingers crossed. 1 month after Rune wars came out they announced the 3rd faction. I'm really hoping for that here. definitely getting an update to the RRG. probably the imperial counter to the special forces.  Did Alex or anyone for that matter ever officially say they were looking to make this a multi faction game like warhammer or is that dream just fan driven? I want so bad for this to be a great Warhammer alternative. its a good one already but to be great they are going to need factions for sure.

I don’t think the scale will ever be big enough for this to be a 40k alternative.

Unless they make another system with 10 man squads, reworked points costs and the like and actually push it as a game this will always be a largish skirmish game for me.

Which is borderline tragic.  

1 minute ago, Darkfine said:

I don’t think the scale will ever be big enough for this to be a 40k alternative.

Unless they make another system with 10 man squads, reworked points costs and the like and actually push it as a game this will always be a largish skirmish game for me.

even as a skirmish game it can fill the traditional roll as a war game and not just be a rebel vs empire glorified game of chess. maybe a better example would have been Warmachine or Hordes. I dont mind the skirmish scale i meant more so the idea of being able to pick from a large selection of factions and being whoever you wanted to be in the games universe

12 minutes ago, Darkfine said:

I think it’s great that it is different from 40k.  It offers a totally different experience.

I play both, and I love them for different reasons.  40k has the scale, unit variety, and (unfortunately) much prettier and more customizable minis.  Legion has a much greater focus on squad level tactical elements (like suppression and cover), a really nice activation system, and a much lower painting/monetary commitment.  They are both good for what they are.

7 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

They've mentioned Scout Troopers as Spec Ops before in interviews just as they mentioned Leia as a secondary commander so I expect we will be seeing them for the Imperial Spec Ops group. 

As for my predictions for the report:

X-Wing: Scum Falcon based on the one in Solo added to the upcoming wave. 

Armada: Next wave, or possibly finally that something 'Big' that they mentioned last year at Gencon, since they did say that Thrawn wasn't it.

Imperial Assault: Not much if anything, maybe a Solo themed skirmish set. But they had their next big release already revealed recently so likely nothing. 

Legion: Scout Troopers and the next Imperial Commander, possibly another accessory release like a mat or terrain but I won't hold my breath.

Destiny: Next set.