Sign in to follow this  
Varlie

Buff/Debuff Tracking Tokens

I originally posted these in the Force and Destiny forum but one intelligent person suggested I make them for Genesys as well so here it is.

I am now running a  higher level game with 9 players.  With the number of talents and Force powers that apply bonuses, setback, advantages, and threats I needed something to help keep track of what each player has and what they have done to my NPCs.

image.png.5c3c7f828933ca07b778ceeedbbc7394.png

To help resolve this, I created these tokens to help track and I figured I would share it here as I am probably not the only person with this problem.  The PDF is here:  Genesys Tracker Tokens.  The image above shows the ones that I printed out for my F&D game, the link here has the Genesys symbols.  I did not remove the Force Point symbols from the sheet, just ignore those.

I printed them onto full-sheet label sheets and applied them to card stock to get decent firmness and durability.  They work just as well printing double-sided on thick card stock but I found they were a little flimsy and bent when trying to pick them up.

I only printed the trimming guides on one side because I knew I was planning to do double sided like the Destiny Point tokens. 

I would expand this and turn them into cards - this would lightly borrow from Fate's idea that anything in the scene or about a person that might affect checks should be clearly indicated along with the dice/modifier it imposes.

Interesting idea but I've found that cards get stacked and it is easy to forget/hide the buff/debuff under the top card where as these were small enough to set in front of you without interfering with the character sheets or needing to be stacked.

That said, I'm willing to change the format of them to fit small cards if there is enough interest in them.