That Blasted Samophlange

STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I was there when West End Games created this ship.   Like in the editorial office.    There were some who said no one would care,  I was in the camp that someone, somwhere would notice one day.  

And here we are  😂

Watch ECHenry's vid. It was in ESB before you guys put it in the RPG. :) Piett's shuttle's wings are canted outwards and is dual hulled like the bomber.

Edit: Or did I miss that that is what you meant in the first place?

Edited by Hiemfire

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Watch ECHenry's vid. It was in ESB before you guys put it in the RPG. :) Piett's shuttle's wings are canted outwards and is dual hulled like the bomber.

Edit: Or did I miss that that is what you meant in the first place?

Right, Captain Needa’s TIE shuttle was seen in the movie and even predates TIE Interceptors and the Lambda class in Canon.  

The discussion was whether or not the ship had to be included in a game manual that was trying to be ‘complete’ for it’s time.   (It was the complete Movie Trilogy Source book.)   

Would someone notice?  Sure enough people did. 

27 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Right, Captain Needa’s TIE shuttle was seen in the movie and even predates TIE Interceptors and the Lambda class in Canon.  

The discussion was whether or not the ship had to be included in a game manual that was trying to be ‘complete’ for it’s time.   (It was the complete Movie Trilogy Source book.)   

Would someone notice?  Sure enough people did. 

Thank you, I got the two captain's mixed up. :)

On 4/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

I was there when West End Games created this ship.   Like in the editorial office.    There were some who said no one would care,  I was in the camp that someone, somwhere would notice one day.  

And here we are  😂

Just how deeply ingrained in Star Wars are you, Advisor..?

On 4/26/2019 at 8:56 AM, Odanan said:

What's the official name of his ship?

I remember it being redder in the show but looking up screen shots, that's pretty close. 

It really feels possible that this and the one in IX are actually the same model with some changes for visual style and maybe some personal modifications. The colors are different but that doesn't mean much. Weapons are different as well (like the inside of the wing cut-out). plus the back of the wings is a bit different on Vonreg's but they could be related. They're close enough that if XWTMG2 has Vonreg in the same fighter as what's in the film, I wouldn't be that upset.