Jump to content
saethone

terrinoth dragon hybrid player race

Recommended Posts

The flying talent is possibly too low a tier, perhaps it should be at 4. 

The breath weapon seems a little underpowered compared to other natural weapons, perhaps give it slow firing 2 then increase the damage a touch. You have really dialed it back from the original Ability.

Also just from a formatting perspective the text in the box on the bottom left is completely illegible with the white pattern across it.

Definitely an awesome species  though 

Edited by Richardbuxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

The flying talent is possibly too low a tier, perhaps it should be at 4. 

The breath weapon seems a little underpowered compared to other natural weapons, perhaps give it slow firing 2 then increase the damage a touch. You have really dialed it back from the original Ability.

Also just from a formatting perspective the text in the box on the bottom left is completely illegible with the white pattern across it.

Definitely an awesome species  though 

flight - i considered this too, that was definitely one of the areas i was looking for feedback on. 

 

breath weapon - yeah, i matched it up with the cat folk's claws ability but i think adding the once per encounter really weakened it. Which do you think players would perfer - a rarer more powerful breath, or a breath that can be used fairly often but not as strong?

 

as far as text box in the bottom left, im not sure what you mean? there should be an image in the bottom left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saethone said:

flight - i considered this too, that was definitely one of the areas i was looking for feedback on. 

 

breath weapon - yeah, i matched it up with the cat folk's claws ability but i think adding the once per encounter really weakened it. Which do you think players would perfer - a rarer more powerful breath, or a breath that can be used fairly often but not as strong?

 

as far as text box in the bottom left, im not sure what you mean? there should be an image in the bottom left

Folks mentioned this in the previous iteration, but have you considered modeling the breath weapon on the Ithorian bellow from Star Wars? (Resilience; Damage 6; Critical 4; Range [Short]; Blast 3, Concussive 1, Slow-Firing 2, Stun Damage). Each time it's used, it costs 3 Strain.

I'd prefer a Strain cost to a once/encounter limitation. That way it becomes more of a strategic resource for the player to use. I'd probably bump base damage up but make the Critical rating higher, too, to compensate. I like the Slow-Firing idea, too.

Edited by SavageBob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SavageBob said:

Folks mentioned this in the previous iteration, but have you considered modeling the breath weapon on the Ithorian bellow from Star Wars? (Resilience; Damage 6; Critical 4; Range [Short]; Blast 3, Concussive 1, Slow-Firing 2, Stun Damage). Each time it's used, it costs 3 Strain.

I'd prefer a Strain cost to a once/encounter limitation. That way it becomes more of a strategic resource for the player to use. I'd probably bump base damage up but make the Critical rating higher, too, to compensate. I like the Slow-Firing idea, too.

 

Hmm that's a good idea, but as that one is stun damage it'd probably need to be a lot lower damage to be balanced. Then again bellow is balanced for the ithorian abilities and star wars stuff so i'll have to think about that some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, saethone said:

as far as text box in the bottom left, im not sure what you mean? there should be an image in the bottom left

Sorry, I meant bottom right. There’s a side bar there and for some reason it has a white pattern overlaying it that makes the text illegible

 

1 hour ago, SavageBob said:

Folks mentioned this in the previous iteration, but have you considered modeling the breath weapon on the Ithorian bellow from Star Wars? (Resilience; Damage 6; Critical 4; Range [Short]; Blast 3, Concussive 1, Slow-Firing 2, Stun Damage). Each time it's used, it costs 3 Strain.

This is a good idea, although it would need the qualities changing a bit:

Resilience; Damage 6; Critical 4; Range [Short]; Blast 3, Burn 1, Slow-Firing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

Sorry, I meant bottom right. There’s a side bar there and for some reason it has a white pattern overlaying it that makes the text illegible

Thats very odd. There is a pattern in that box but its at <1% opacity so it should barely be visible - the same as it is in the book. I've tested with a few different pdf viewers and it shows correctly everywhere I'm looking. What are you using to view the pdf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

iPhone, Safari/iBooks, both view the Genesys PDF fine 

yep, looks like the same on my phone. strange. i wonder if that's part of how gmbinder renders pdfs or what...i'll have to look into that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...