Alino

800 Point Airspeeder List

So, Rebels are my main faction (I collect both factions, own a playset of everything currently released. Well, I need to grab Veers. The gamestore is 45 minutes away, so I haven't quite made the journey up there yet.) Anyways, I really like the Airspeeders so far, so I want to make a double Airspeeder list work. This is what I've currently come up with

314ffxj.png

While I like Luke, I kind of think this list will be better once we have Leia out, because I personally think that having a cheaper commander will be great for this list, so that we can upgrade the troops some more and what not.

Are you planning on running the speeders next to each other or split up?  I've been able to keep a single speeder safe fairly easily but keeping two away from speeder bikes and mass infantry could be tricky.  That said, I really like the speeder, and unless I'm playing an internal map I imagine I'm going to have a hard time leaving it behind.

If nothing else, the mental image of shooting a trooper with a power harpoon and towing him along makes me smile.

I agree on the cheaper commander (s) helping that kind of list.

If you're taking the ground buzzer, I'm not sure you need wedge really, you're probably better off giving concussion grenades to a squad.

Otherwise, yeah... I wouldn't do double airspeeders just yet with Luke. And airspeeders die in droves against Vader's sabre throw with impact and pierce 3 that aim then move + throw... Sure you can probably snipe him in turn 1 or two with that volume of fire but still...

Depends on what my opponent is running. Speeder Bikes and Vader are the 2 units I would like to do my best to avoid, although avoiding vader with an airspeeder is hilariously easy.

Here's what I'd prefer to run, once Leia is out -

28copiw.png

Normally I wouldn't run the Ion trooper, but I haven't met a single Empire play that isn't running atleast 1 AT-ST, so yeah.

I might be missing something in the rules- why are vader's two damage such a problem?  I mean, it's a pain, but not the end of the world.

I haven't fought a single AT-ST.  Just hordes and speeder bikes.  As soon as I dump my ion launchers you can guarantee they'll turn up.

21 minutes ago, Katarn said:

I might be missing something in the rules- why are vader's two damage such a problem?  I mean, it's a pain, but not the end of the world.

Well, they can't be saved is the problem, combined with "everything imperial has impact X" which basically means that anything can and probably do 2 damage on average (bikes and squads with the 2red gun will generally roll at least a crit and 2hits) means you lose your 5(7) hp rather fast if they focus fire a tiny bit.

28 minutes ago, Deuzerre said:

Well, they can't be saved is the problem, combined with "everything imperial has impact X" which basically means that anything can and probably do 2 damage on average (bikes and squads with the 2red gun will generally roll at least a crit and 2hits) means you lose your 5(7) hp rather fast if they focus fire a tiny bit.

Ah, OK.  It's the bikes that have been getting me.

Edited by Katarn

I'm quite interested in running dual-speeders as well, just because I like them and want to learn how to use them effectively.  The list I ran last weekend for the 2nd mission of Operation: Silent Hail is below.  My initial plan was to fly the speeders as a pair and focus fire on specific enemy units.  Due to terrain placement and me wanting to try new things, that isn't how things actually happened.  My opponent was running 4 squads of Stormtroopers with DLTs, an AT-ST with the 88 Light Blaster, and Vader.  My T-47's were gone by turn 4. 

I'm not convinced that Long Range Comlink is a useful upgrade since 3/4 of the deployments end up being played long-ways on the table.  Likewise, I have not gotten a single unit within Range 1 of an enemy unit so I have yet to use a grenade upgrade.  Perhaps I should be running my Troopers up closer, faster, and avoiding the Dodge action for the Nimble ability?

799/800
Luke Skywalker 160
- Force Reflexes,

Rebel Troopers 40
- Rebel Trooper, Concussion Grenades,

Rebel Troopers 40
- Rebel Trooper, Concussion Grenades,

Rebel Troopers 40
- MPL-57 Ion Trooper,

Rebel Troopers 40
- MPL-57 Ion Trooper,

T-47 Airspeeder 175
- Long-Range Comlink,

T-47 Airspeeder 175
- Long-Range Comlink,

Interesting. I'd personally drop the Comlinks and the Concussion Grenades. Probably something like

799/800 Point List

Luke Skywalker
Force Reflexes, Battle Meditation
Point Cost: 185

Rebel Troopers
Point Cost: 40

Rebel Troopers

Rebel Troopers

Rebel Troopers
MPL-57 Ion Trooper