Jump to content
Darth Meanie

Wave XV

Recommended Posts

If I were designing this game, read all the whining on this board about the x-wing fix, why it's bad for the game, what needs to be fixed still, and all the generally ungrateful negativity, I would sit down to design

THE INCREDABLY OP YUUZHAN VONG WAVE OF SHIPS

that slaughters every current ship in the game.

I would gloat while everyone bought them to win, then I would hit them all with the ban hammer.

Then I would say, "hey, it's just the story arc of the game."

But I'm kind of a jerk that way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably design a wave that looks like shite, but release it along with an errata that makes it crazy OP and broken, all so I could later reference the forums as poor judges of power to justify any future complaints. 

Game design 101, cover your A.S.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quadjumper King said:

I'd probably design a wave that looks like shite, but release it along with an errata that makes it crazy OP and broken, all so I could later reference the forums as poor judges of power to justify any future complaints. 

Game design 101, cover your A.S.S

CYA, in official medical parlance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just release a ship with a picture of the troll meme face on a stick, give it 7 attack dice, 4 agi, 10 hull, 10 shields, generics start at 15 cost.  Package "TIE Fighter/Interceptor" Title fix in the blister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vong would be interesting to introduce. Mainly because their star fighter weaponry is useless against shields, and they required specialised craft to disrupt them.

As for trolling. I'd love for a JM5K-equivalent OP pack to be released in between tournament seasons with the announcement that the wave would be a 'limited run'. A week before the next tournament season begins, the ship receives an incredible nerf in the form of a points doubling for all pilots in the pack. I guess they're not doing anything wrong, technically...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually decided to attempt a re-read of the NJO, and I'm 3/4s of the way through Vector Prime right now.  I would love to see the Vong in the game, even if only for the occasional "WTF?" moments.  Faction identity would be easy, as pretty much every upgrade would be unique, and I could see some of their stuff being ridiculously overpowered.  Dovin Basal attack that if it hits, strips all shields?  Yammosk war coordinator to offer free actions to multiple ships?  Oh boy. At the very least, a NJO/Vong themed version of the HotAC could be really cool, as players could play as NR, Empire, or Scum, banding together to try and stop the invaders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I like the new wave :(

 

And y'all know how pessimistic I am

I don't post a whole lot in this forum, tending to lurk and enjoy.  But I do follow certain people because they tend to post well thought out positions, they tend to provide valuable insight, they provide thought provoking information, or they simply make me laugh.

In the past @ficklegreendice, you have done all of the above.  This post, however, is the best.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this bit of understatement.  Well done.  Very well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Y-wing shows up in wave 15.  If we are re-visiting old ships with new sculpts and upgrades, the Y-wing is the most essential.  The Y-wing mini is pretty crap.  You know what, throw it in with a nice blue TIE fighter from the Gozanti.  

TIE fighter gets a PS2 generic with a pilot ability (ships that you are touching cannot perform actions) and a PS9 Ace.

Y-wing gives us a version of Horton with an EPT and I don't care what else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I hope the Y-wing shows up in wave 15.  If we are re-visiting old ships with new sculpts and upgrades, the Y-wing is the most essential.  The Y-wing mini is pretty crap.  You know what, throw it in with a nice blue TIE fighter from the Gozanti.  

TIE fighter gets a PS2 generic with a pilot ability (ships that you are touching cannot perform actions) and a PS9 Ace.

Y-wing gives us a version of Horton with an EPT and I don't care what else.

Keyen Farlander Y-wing pilot at PS7 with EPT and same ability, 24 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, any2cards said:

I don't post a whole lot in this forum, tending to lurk and enjoy.  But I do follow certain people because they tend to post well thought out positions, they tend to provide valuable insight, they provide thought provoking information, or they simply make me laugh.

In the past @ficklegreendice, you have done all of the above.  This post, however, is the best.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I read this bit of understatement.  Well done.  Very well done.

@ficklegreendice posts are rather hilarious, good and reliable source of laughter. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...