Sign in to follow this  
emeraldbeacon

Ailerons, Asteroids, and Actions

Let's say I'm flying a TIE Striker, and I decide to have my Adaptive Ailerons move overlap an asteroid.  I clear the front end, but still land on the rock.  Subsequently, I perform a maneuver that clears the obstacle without touching it.  My question:  Do I get a Perform Action step this round?

(visual representation:)

2hxrk82.jpg

If I'm reading the FAQ correctly:

If a ship equipped with Adaptive Ailerons overlaps an obstacle as part of this additional maneuver, it suffers the effect of overlapping it as described in the "Obstacles" section on page 14 of the Rules Reference (see page 2 of the FAQ for errata of this section). For example, if a ship using Adaptive Ailerons overlaps an asteroid it would roll for damage but not skip its "Perform Action" step. If a ship equipped with Adaptive Ailerons overlaps another ship as part of this additional maneuver, it does not skip its "Perform Action" step.

Then yes, you would get to perform an action.

Page 14 of the Rules Reference says:

• Asteroid: The ship must skip its “Perform Action” step this round. After skipping the “Perform Action” step, it rolls one attack die. On a ? result, the ship suffers one damage; on a ? result, it suffers one critical damage. While a ship is overlapping an asteroid, it cannot perform any attacks.

I believe that would mean that you do not get an action. Which is correct?

1 minute ago, LeadBelly said:

Page 14 of the Rules Reference says:

• Asteroid: The ship must skip its “Perform Action” step this round. After skipping the “Perform Action” step, it rolls one attack die. On a ? result, the ship suffers one damage; on a ? result, it suffers one critical damage. While a ship is overlapping an asteroid, it cannot perform any attacks.

I believe that would mean that you do not get an action. Which is correct?

The FAQ takes precedence, particularly as that section of the RR has been errated.

Only if you hit an asteroid with your dialled manoeuvre (or ioned manoeuvre, or white 2 straight for revealing a red whilst stressed, for completeness), do you skip your Perform Action step.

Edited by thespaceinvader

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

The FAQ takes precedence, particularly as that section of the RR has been errated.

Only if you hit an asteroid with your dialled manoeuvre, do you skip your Perform Action step.

Thank you for the clarification!