heychadwick

Good T-65 builds?

I'm not super huge on expertise Luke simply because

1.) Goddamn stress (especially when jousting)

2.) Goddamn TLs

3.) Goddamn more-than-1-focus-in-my-green-dice-roll 

Not to oversell LW (ain't easy, needing arc). I generally go for predator outside of specific circumstances 

Edited by ficklegreendice

30 minutes ago, Phelan Boots said:

So, I think Expertise, R2-D2 Luke is probably better than Lone Wolf, R2-D2 Luke (at least from an offensive and/or formation flying stand point).

However, I’ll always fly Lone Wolf (or Predator) Luke instead, just because Luke Skywalker doesn’t need any goddamned Targeting Computer!

It really does depend on the rest of the list. My Lone Wolf Luke is usually paired with Han or Rey who can stand on their own. They both go do their own thing.

If Luke is in a 3-4 ship list, I'd go Predator or Expertise depending on the points I have to work with.

Ones I plan on trying with the new uppgrades:

Luke w/ Lone Wolf, R2-D2, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Wedge w/ Expertise, FAA, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Hobbie w/ Targeting Astromech, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Wes w/VI, R3A2, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Sperado w/Intensity, BB-8, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Porkins w/ VI, R5-D8, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Tarn w/R7, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Garven Dreis w/ R2-D6, Predator, IA, Refit, Sfoils

Porkins, Snap Shot, R3A2?  Poor man's Nien Numb.

Actually, it just occured to me that a lot of these pilots could be called "Poor man's X"

Hobbie, Targeting Astro- Poor Man's Ello

Porkins, Snap, R3A2- Poor Man's Nien

Luke, IA, R2D2- Poor man's Poe

Jess- Poor man's Jess...what she's 25pts and gets re-rolls for days

Edited by MasterShake2

Wegde/ FAA/ IA is already fun, season Renegade Refit to taste with Vectored Thrusters/ Engine Upgrade and VI/ Predator/ Outmaneuver. Comes in neatly around the 33pts-mark. 

Pair up with Refit Wes Janson/ VI to fit Opportunist on Wedge in casual games!

Also, you know, good old M9G8-Tarn Mison is dirt cheap now.

Edited by DampfGecko

22 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

@heychadwick, do you reckon these new upgrades are going to badly upset the balance in HotAC?

For HotAC only the S Foils matter. The point reduction doesn't do anything for HotAC.

As for the S Foils....it does greatly improve X-wings in HotAC.  There have been a lot of additions that really are powerful in HotAC. Expertise does it.  FAA is pretty powerful. Sabine's Ability is crazy good. S Foils does a lot, too.  Too much?  I guess it remains to be seen.  I think what they really do is allow the Xwing to Barrel Roll.  That is pretty powerful, but is it broken?  More than Predator?  Not sure on that.  It does make the Awing even more redundant.  

I do like the new pilot abilities, especially for the U-wing pilots.

4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

So, would Hobbie also get an action if he did a red move with TA?  I'm not up on when you get the TL and when Stress is removed vs. when you get an action.

Yes. He sheds a stress whenever he gains or spends a target lock. TA assigns one after a red move, so Hobbie sheds the stress and can then take an action.

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

Not sure on that.  It does make the Awing even more redundant. 

I'd say with the point reductions that this is a true statement even in 100/6

19 points for a PS2 X-Wing that can boost/barrel roll/talon roll

15 points for a PS1 A-Wing that has 1 less shield, 1 less attack die, can only boost, has no droid slot, and cannot talon roll

So lets say the PS1 Xwing is in the 17-18 range... that's going to make it really hard to select an A-wing.

As a love of A-Wings.... they are now almost 100% irrelevant in standard play. Realizing that brings on the sad. 

Edited by Wiredin

For fun T-65s, I recommend you use nothing but the original X-Wing boxed set and Waves I-III, minus the HWK-290 (or include it, it isn't awesome).

That's the easiest way to have the original ships matter, don't throw in the rest.  Whatever is broken by that point, it's still more balanced then whatever is out now.

Yesterday played expertise wedge, LW luke, hobby and Rex for support against 2 defenders (TIE/D Vessery with tractor beam and Countess with Ion)  and a Nu with harpoons.

it was a fun match but the poor X's were smoked: First Wedge tractored into de Nu's arc and then harpooned, it survived for another turn but died to Vessery next run while Rex was burned by the Countess. The poor luke wo was in a flanking position was totally smoked in one turn of both defenders doble tap. Hobby managed to kill Vessery before the Nu came with another Harpoon to seal the deal.

My apreciation  (after only one real game), is that X's are going to be good wingmen in the 30-25 point range, but do not have enought defensive power to carry a list.

I'm still going to fly 4 of them in the next casual night xD

Here's my 4 AND and Biggs sighting to boot!

XXXX(99)

•Tarn Mison (24) - X-Wing (T-65)
•M9-G8 (3), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

•"Hobbie" Klivian (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
Targeting Astromech (2), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

•Biggs Darklighter (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
•R2-D6 (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Selflessness (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

•Garven Dreis (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs with Selflessness was kinda funny.  He died gloriously like the old days!  If only I could combine it with Chopper Astro to really pull some shenanigans

13 hours ago, piznit said:

Here's my 4 AND and Biggs sighting to boot!

XXXX(99)

•Tarn Mison (24) - X-Wing (T-65)
•M9-G8 (3), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

•"Hobbie" Klivian (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
Targeting Astromech (2), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

•Biggs Darklighter (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
•R2-D6 (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Selflessness (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

•Garven Dreis (25) - X-Wing (T-65)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1), Renegade Refit (-2), Servomotor S-foils (0), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs with Selflessness was kinda funny.  He died gloriously like the old days!  If only I could combine it with Chopper Astro to really pull some shenanigans

Nice list!

I gonna try Draw their fire on Biggs so you use it multiple time. Maybe hull upgrade if I can free the 3 points.. what do you think ?

I'm looking at Porkins with stay on target and servo. If I understand the interaction Porkins can be all over the board with a 3 maneuver and then shed the stress.

Jek Porkins(28) [Jek Porkins(26), R5-D8(3), Stay on Target(1), Integrated Astromech(0), Servomotor S-Foils(0), Renegade Refit(-2)]

Edited by Wretch

23 hours ago, heychadwick said:

For HotAC only the S Foils matter. The point reduction doesn't do anything for HotAC.

As for the S Foils....it does greatly improve X-wings in HotAC.  There have been a lot of additions that really are powerful in HotAC. Expertise does it.  FAA is pretty powerful. Sabine's Ability is crazy good. S Foils does a lot, too.  Too much?  I guess it remains to be seen.  I think what they really do is allow the Xwing to Barrel Roll.  That is pretty powerful, but is it broken?  More than Predator?  Not sure on that.  It does make the Awing even more redundant.  

I do like the new pilot abilities, especially for the U-wing pilots.

Our groups play Predator and Expertise as unlockable Achievements, because, yeah, too much power.  FAA is still new enough to be on the fence for us, as we started with all A-Wings this round.  No droids, no test of FAA.  And yes, I already ruled for both groups that Renegade Refit is not allowed.  Got a couple Munchkins who were already trying to WAAC that one.

I really like the thematic-ness of the S-Foils, and I think they will be fine.  On their own, they would be perfectly fine.  But combined with all the other ability and EPT combos....

In terms of builds, I am more and more liking Kullbee with either BB-8 or FFA and either PtL or Intensity.  The shenanigans are just incredible.  It seems like he would be an absolute giggle as the required target for an opponent in some sort of "kill the captain" objective.