Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

Should U-Wing title be changed

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah...... I'll not lament over the U-Wing until the Lambda gets its ability to gracefully turn on a dime as it did in Return of the Jedi when landing; they blew that fact big time. In the movies, she's much more agile at low speeds than the U-Wing. 

Salt

Salt

Salt

Edited by clanofwolves

1 hour ago, clanofwolves said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah...... I'll not lament over the U-Wing until the Lambda gets its ability to gracefully turn on a dime as it did in Return of the Jedi when landing; they blew that fact big time. In the movies, she's much more agile at low speeds than the U-Wing. 

Salt

Salt

Salt

I'll give that maneuver on the Lambda when the Millennium Falcon gets its maneuverability with Han at the controls.:D

3 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Salt

Salt

Salt

I was always in favor of "Pivot Wing" being restricted as Shuttle only and the U-wing card calling it a "U-wing Shuttle". That way they could have given that Lambda fix with the U!

Incidentally though that would also make it equippable to the Upsi(where it might be perceived as a problem, but I doubt that would put it near the top) as well as the sheathipede, and Attack Shuttle where it would be a non-functional add on until another card is released to enable stops on those, but now Chopper could eat it for a shield!

6 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

"Start of activation phase" like S-Foils

This would fix my main problem with the Pivot title. That k-stop could come out of no where and smack you upside the face.

17 minutes ago, wurms said:

K-2SO

Pilot skill 7

"Before revealing your maneuver, you may flip your Pivot Wing Title card."

I’d take this too. 

5 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

Salt

Salt

Salt

I've always taken X-Wing ship maneuvers to be, essentially, the ones folks can do at combat speeds in a combat situation.  Pretty much any ship in Star Wars can just stall, spin on it's vertical axis, or reverse *when no one is shooting at you* but that's not what's happening in the game.

2 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

I was always in favor of "Pivot Wing" being restricted as Shuttle only and the U-wing card calling it a "U-wing Shuttle". That way they could have given that Lambda fix with the U!

Incidentally though that would also make it equippable to the Upsi(where it might be perceived as a problem, but I doubt that would put it near the top) as well as the sheathipede, and Attack Shuttle where it would be a non-functional add on until another card is released to enable stops on those, but now Chopper could eat it for a shield!

Holy crud.

As currently printed, I feel like the Stall-Flip aspect would probably be fine, but the increased agility most of the time wouldn't.  A 2-agility Palp Shuttle will take a reasonable amount more fire before it dies.  You'd be looking at something like a third of a damage up to a half a damage less per hit (depending on focus, etc).  That'd be pretty big.  I don't think it breaks the game, but still.

43 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I've always taken X-Wing ship maneuvers to be, essentially, the ones folks can do at combat speeds in a combat situation.  Pretty much any ship in Star Wars can just stall, spin on it's vertical axis, or reverse *when no one is shooting at you* but that's not what's happening in the game.

Holy crud.

As currently printed, I feel like the Stall-Flip aspect would probably be fine, but the increased agility most of the time wouldn't.  A 2-agility Palp Shuttle will take a reasonable amount more fire before it dies.  You'd be looking at something like a third of a damage up to a half a damage less per hit (depending on focus, etc).  That'd be pretty big.  I don't think it breaks the game, but still.

Good point. I think my on release argument was that the U should have been 2agi on its ship card with the title reducing agility by 1 on the landing side, and I was never a fan of the autoinclude/free titles (especially when they're actually Features!) so I probably wanted the U to be a point cheaper and the Pivot Wings to cost a point or two.

At this point that would be a very significant errata since they have yet to change a stat line after release.