Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
toriano

Regeneration question

Recommended Posts

With the "lingering death" upgrade  and 3 green runes can you choose to refill one reanimate per empty tray in 3 empty trays in your back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the rules reference, #45 "Keywords":

Quote

Regenerate X: ...
Figures are slotted one at a time into the front-most tray with empty slots. Each figure must be slotted in a tray that contains one or more other figures if possible.

So no,  you have to fill up a tray first, before you can start putting figures into an empty one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Also as we are talking about lingering dead: Does those empty trays still allow me to perform rerolls and multiply my threat? Do they count as unit if i get charged or determine if im enagaged into something? and if for example i have 2 trays in second rank that both have at least 1 miniature can i regenerate one guy here and one guy on the other one?

 

 

Edited by Warlordus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warlordus said:

Also as we are talking about lingering dead: Does those empty trays still allow me to perform rerolls and multiply my threat? Do they count as unit if i get charged or determine if im enagaged into something? and if for example i have 2 trays in second rank that both have at least 1 miniature can i regenerate one guy here and one guy on the other one?

Uthoroc did a great job answering your last question: a tray has to be filled using regeneration before moving on to a new tray to add figures.

For you first questions: yes! The trays still count towards threat and rerolls, and they can still be charged by enemies. Trays can be removed at the end of the round even if it causes the unit to become disengaged, and the enemy unit can choose to close in if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im talkimg about sotuation that my opponent didnt choose to remove all miniatures from 1 tray but he deals it to multiple trays so there are for example 3 trays in the back rank each with a miniature. can i refill them like im adding one reanimate to each tray. in theory im adding miniatures to the trays that already has some minis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would consolidate the units to one tray until it is full, then move on to the next, etc.  So even if there were 2 trays with 1 unit in each, and a regen of 2, you would come out of it with only 1 tray.  Which of the two is up to you though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Warlordus said:

im talkimg about sotuation that my opponent didnt choose to remove all miniatures from 1 tray but he deals it to multiple trays so there are for example 3 trays in the back rank each with a miniature. can i refill them like im adding one reanimate to each tray. in theory im adding miniatures to the trays that already has some minis

Quote

From the rules, 45.4:
Figures are slotted one at a time into the front-most tray with empty slots. Each figure must be slotted in a tray that contains one or more other figures if possible.

If he chose to split his damage across multiple trays, then you can regenerate multiple trays, so long as each has a figure in it.

Why in the world did he split his damage up?

Edited by Xelto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xelto said:

Why in the world did he split his damage up?

About the only situation where this makes sense is that he is down to one rank and his opponent killed all the figure upgrades instead of wiping out trays to reduce threat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regen wording makes it so you fill blanks in your front trays first, than any tray with a figure in it in the rear, if you have lingering dead and no half full trays you can place the first figure in the first applicable empty tray, than continue filling it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×