Sign in to follow this  
Nints

Seeker of Knowledge and Kami Unleashed

If I have a Seeker of Knowledge and a Kami Unleashed attacking and sacrifice the Kami Unleashed, am I still able to choose between the contested ring effect and the air ring effect?

This came up in my last game, and while we decided no at the time, I am still unsure about this interaction.  Seeker of Knowledge states, "While this Character is attacking, the contested ring gains the air element.  If this character wins the conflict as an attacker, you may choose which of its ring effects to resolve" while Kami Unleashed reads, "While this character is attacking, sacrifice it - resolve the ring effect of the contested ring as if you won as the attacking player."  So I guess the major question here is, does sacrificing the Kami Unleashed technically still count as a "win" for my Seeker of Air so that it allows me to pick which ring effect to resolve?

Yes, you can choose. From the Reference:

Whenever a player resolves a ring effect for a ring that has multiple elements, that player may choose among those elements when the conflict's ring effect resolves.