dominosfleet

Store Championships

7 minutes ago, PartyPotato said:

Is there a regular group that meets up in the KC area for armada?

I haven’t gotten a game in besides vassal in ages.

there's a facebook group. I'm STL based but they seem to have tournaments pretty regularly at those two stores and both (seem) to host store championships with game cafe hosting regionals as well. Type "KC star wars Armada" into the facebooks and you should find it. 

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

A store near me (The Games Keep in PA) is having a championship on June 9. I guess they are going forward with it despite not knowing if they will have their kit by then. 

I had not seen that posted anywhere. Has the store confirmed it?

16 minutes ago, mcworrell said:

I had not seen that posted anywhere. Has the store confirmed it?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sjxwingalliance/

The store doesn't seem to have an official website, but I can call them to find out. I saw the event posted on this Facebook group (which is my local Armada/X-Wing/IA/Legion group, not the store's Facebook group).

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

I called the store, and the guy I talked to said there is no Armada championship on the event schedule. I don't know what to think now. 

FFG "will" put out a list of stores that are allowed to have a championship in the future assuming this is like past years. from there I usually contact those stores to try to find out when. last year someone had an ongoing thread with all of them listed out on the front page that was super helpful, but I'm not sure if that'll happen again( who am i kidding, if that person doesn't do it again i will). 

34 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

FFG "will" put out a list of stores that are allowed to have a championship in the future assuming this is like past years. from there I usually contact those stores to try to find out when. last year someone had an ongoing thread with all of them listed out on the front page that was super helpful, but I'm not sure if that'll happen again( who am i kidding, if that person doesn't do it again i will). 

Allowed? No.

ALL stores in good standing CAN hold a store champs.

If it goes as per previous years - FFG will post a list of stores who actually ORDER the kit.

4 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Allowed? No.

ALL stores in good standing CAN hold a store champs.

If it goes as per previous years - FFG will post a list of stores who actually ORDER the kit.

Ah, gotcha, I wasn't sure how restrictive it was.

Not that it matters terribly, no store championships are happening, there's no future for SWA, only the void ;)