MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
 Admonition  ( 8  points) 
-  Walex Blissex  ( 5  points) 
-  Ordnance Experts  ( 4  points) 
= 80 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  General Madine  ( 30  points) 
 Jainas Light  ( 2  points) 
-  Electronic Countermeasures ( 7 points) 
-  X17 Turbolasers  ( 6  points) 
= 89 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points) 
= 20 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points) 
= 20 total ship cost

1 Hera Syndulla ( 28 points) 
2 A-Wing Squadrons ( 22 points) 
2 Z-95 Headhunter Squadrons ( 14 points) 
= 64 total squadron cost

Which ship is the best flagship in this list?

Any obvious faults I should change?

Jaina's Light is a clear frontrunner for a flagship, so good call.  It definitely doesn't want ECMs, which are almost exclusively for large ships with brace tokens.  Nor will it want XI7s, as it simply doesn't do enough damage to get optimal use out of them.  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits are the default, but Dual Turbolaser Turrets are... technically an option if you're feeling eclectic.  Speaking of eclectic: the squadrons are a little odd.  I'd ditch Hera and the Z-95s for Tycho and Shara, who can get an amazing amount of work done.  Having two transports means at least one can get squadron commands out if needed.  Admonition has some synergy with Walex, but Lando is the commonly chosen officer for the survival he offers.  Filling that ordnance slot with a black crit upgrade (Assault Proton Torpedoes or Assault Concussion Missiles) is absolutely necessary.  Leading Shots might be a good replacement for SW7s on the Liberty, to smooth out your mostly red dice pool.  If you have space, Spinal Armament is good here, or those XI7s can work.  Lastly, Engine Techs are nothing short of amazing with a Madine Liberty, letting you fake speed four combined with great maneuverability.  I'd strongly consider making space for them, even if it means dropping an A-wing.  Hope this helps, good luck! :)

Edited by The Jabbawookie

I love Admo with Walex. He gives the ship a lot of extra mileage. Lando saves it from a burst attack while Walex saves it from the thousand cuts. In the current meta Lando may come in handy more often but Walex is definitely a valid choice.

I would drop the XI7 to give APT for Admo. That makes it a more terrifying anvil. With the Liberty the opponent won't have a clear choice which ship to focus on.

I would also replace the SW-7 with Leading Shots. It is very unlikely that you would roll accuracies on all three blues, and even less likely that you wouldn't find some defense tokens woth blocking with them. On the other hand, red dice are really whimsical and they need a way to reroll.

Thanks for the tips. 

My thought for ECM was to prevent getting forced to overspend my evades with TRC's. 

I thought I had TRC's on the CR90, I'll have to correct that, or drop the turbos for ordnance on Admonition. 

I was split between Leading Shots and SW-7. Two votes the other way is pretty clear.

I thought about Engine Techs, but maybe thought too hard. Help me out if I get this wrong:

Engine Techs has the Nav symbol, so in order to resolve Engine Techs, I must spend a Nav Dial or token during my activation. However, because I already spent a Nav dial or Token before triggering Engine Techs, I cannot use either a dial or token to change the speed or yaw of the Engine Techs maneuver. 

59 minutes ago, jmswood said:

Engine Techs has the Nav symbol, so in order to resolve Engine Techs, I must spend a Nav Dial or token during my activation. However, because I already spent a Nav dial or Token before triggering Engine Techs, I cannot use either a dial or token to change the speed or yaw of the Engine Techs maneuver. 

That's not exactly how that works.  Engine Techs passively triggers every round you use a nav command.. be it a dial or token.  Engine Techs does not have a speed or yaw that you can adjust.  It is simply a "speed 1 maneuver."  That is determined by the maneuver chart on the ship equipped with Engine Techs.

You should do a search for my Madine builds and look them up.  Or anything I've posted Madine over the past 1.5 years.  I'd really end up repeating myself.  You almost have the original basic archetype down, though the upgrades are not really efficient yet.  The squadrons are especially very point inefficient, as Hera is a huge point sink if you cannot protect, which almost takes Jan/X-wings and 130 point squads to do.  Any more, I'm leaning toward just Tycho/Shara and try to do the rest on activations/ships, which you ought to be able to hit 6 activations as you do here.

Also, if you aren't seeing a lot of Slicer Tool protection in your area, then bringing Slicer Tools can really help shut down a big activation squadron game, and might be among the most useful abilities.

Your other option is cut combat ships and go down to 5 activations, but run 130+ points of anti-squadron (6 Awing, 4 YT2400), which can really chip down at light squadron lists and do the right kind of damage to ships.

I think the hard thing to gauge in the new meta is Raddus, but whereas he wants to trap a ship in and potentially double-arc a couple of targets, spreading the field with Madine and Jerry would seem like a natural counter, not to mention it may prove difficult to really box in a Madine Liberty that navs, and once that ship hits the board, it becomes possible to do your Madine thing and run it down.  Or at least that's my thinking.

@Vergilius That's a lot of food for thought. I'll be chewing on that until my current Corellian Conflict ends and I'll be able to play some games with standard lists. 

Speaking of CC. I'm running a Madine list with an MC75 and LMC80. The basic plan is to run the MC75 in first and turn up the heat in close range while the LMC80 lines up kill shots with that beautiful front arc. I made the mistake of taking squadrons, but sadly I can't take Biggs or Jan.