Boba Rick

Raging Cassian?

I kicked this idea around a little over a year ago, just wondering if it's worth exploring some more now at 32 points?

Cassian Andor (32) U-Wing (27), Rage (0), Advanced Sensors (3), Kanan Jarrus (3), Inspiring Recruit (1), Pivot Wing (0), Refit (-2)

5 minutes ago, vbananas said:

I think it gets a little better, and its a lot of fun. You can shave a point off and add some good support to the rest of your list by swapping Cassian out for Saw.

That's true, he is one point cheaper and with his ability he's sure to draw agro off the other guys.

But Cass's ability isn't bad either - being able to remove a stress token before a ship moves.

EDIT: Saw's ability works on himself whereas Cass's does not.

Edited by Boba Rick

But then there is the eternal question-- Why not both?

Give Cassian Kanan so he can 2-tun to clear stress, and cassian's ability + inspiring recruit on Saw clears Saw's stress. Then add another crew and ship to taste!

Cassian + Saw should combo quite well with Rage Saw+Finn. Saw+Rage = 4 dice rerolls + focus to fully mod the 3 + 1 blank, then Cassian+Inspiring Recruit fully refresh Saw.

Saw+Finn with Rage or PTL seems like a good combo in general. Rage is cheaper, costing you 30 points after Finn+Inspiring Recruit to clear stress, while Push the Limit works better if you equip Engine Upgrade for the added flexibility that provides (costs 38 points total since it's almost certain you'd be equipping Autothrusters too).

Yeah I also prefer Katarn in that second crew slot. The U-wing has decent greens available to it if you plan on shuttling him. If you plan on flying him any faster than that I'd recommend you get an engine upgrade on there.

38 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

I always liked Raging Cassian before, though I would typically run him with Kyle Katarn instead of Kanan Jarrus.  That way, as long as I dialed in a green maneuver I could reroll 3 attack dice and have 3 focus tokens on the ship every round.

That makes sense, his greens aren't too bad.