Sign in to follow this  
SDCC

An XYU Squad?

I've never played as Rebels. 

But I've always loved Y-Wings, and the X/U are cool.

With the Renegades on the horizon, I think it might be time to come over to the light side and give it a go. 

Is there a way to get a XYU list together? OG ships!

From what I understand the U folds like paper, but could be a good blocker, so I'm assuming the Blue Squadron.

The X and Y...I have no idea. Just looking at Rebel crew and astromechs after years of looking at Imp stuff is blowing my mind.

Any thoughts? It would just be nice to use all three.

Saw Gerrara (26)
Rage (0*)
Collision Detector (0)
Renegade Refit(-2)

Inspiring Recruit (1)
Finn (5)
Engine Boost (4)
Autothrusters (2)

Jek Porkins (26)
Expertise (3*)
Renegade Refit (-2)
R5-P9 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Bomb Loadout (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Ion Bombs (2)
R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing
(0)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 100

Came up with this, not sure how well it would work though. Rage+Finn Saw = 4 fully modded attack dice, and Inspiring Recruit helps to remove the stack of stress. EU+AT+CD improves the U-Wing's mobility and survivability. Porkins uses his pilot ability to keep himself free of stress and keep Expertise active, and once he suffers the negative effect he permanently benefits from Saw's ability. Wasn't completely sure what to go with for the Astromech, but went with R5-P9 so Porkins can defensively use Focus to block shots or regen while Expertise + Saw handle dice mods. Stresshog Y-Wing uses R3-A2 to immediately get Saw's dice mods, making the TLT that much more annoying.

Edited by Enigami

XYU (96/100)
============
U-wing: Heff Tobber (24 + 7)
    + Advanced Sensors (3)
    + Renegade Refit (-2)
    + Hera Syndulla (1)
    + Intelligence Agent (1)
    + Pivot Wing (0)
    + Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)
    + Ion projector (2)

X-wing: Wes Janson (29 + 1)
    + Veteran Instincts (1)
    + Renegade Refit (-2)
    + R3-A2 (2)
    + Servomotor S-foils (0)
    + Integrated Astromech (0)

Y-wing: Horton Salm (25 + 10)
    + Twin Laser Turret (6)
    + R2-D6 (1)
    + Vectored Thrusters (2)
    + Veteran Instincts (1)

Any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure about using both APL and Ion Projector on the U-Wing; it's a little overkill. Advanced sensors when the only actions on your bar are focus and TL also seems like an odd choice. If you swap one of the "hurt on bump" mods for Engine Upgrade, it makes a little more sense.

Is there a particular reason you want Horton at PS10? Between the 360 arc and the damage ceiling, TLTs seldom care about positioning, and you're going to want Wes to activate first to strip a token anyway. Using your astro slot just to go from 8 to 10 seems like a lot of opportunity cost (especially with the Y's limited dial). Maybe if you're throwing BTL on there for extra attacks?

38 minutes ago, Naechtweard said:

I'm not sure about using both APL and Ion Projector on the U-Wing; it's a little overkill. Advanced sensors when the only actions on your bar are focus and TL also seems like an odd choice. If you swap one of the "hurt on bump" mods for Engine Upgrade, it makes a little more sense.

Is there a particular reason you want Horton at PS10? Between the 360 arc and the damage ceiling, TLTs seldom care about positioning, and you're going to want Wes to activate first to strip a token anyway. Using your astro slot just to go from 8 to 10 seems like a lot of opportunity cost (especially with the Y's limited dial). Maybe if you're throwing BTL on there for extra attacks?

From what I've heard the U isn't good for much more than blocking, and then dying. So I thought I'd double down. I still wanted the mod before I flew and caused a cluster, so AS seemed a fair choice, especially since I had the points.

Been talking to some friends and Horton at PS10 seems good. Chip away from tokens before most other things can do anything. I see your point about Wes though. Could be doubling down on the removal of tokens though!

21 minutes ago, SDCC said:

From what I've heard the U isn't good for much more than blocking, and then dying. So I thought I'd double down. I still wanted the mod before I flew and caused a cluster, so AS seemed a fair choice, especially since I had the points.

You're flying Heff, though, who gets a free action when somebody runs into him. You could go FCS to get locks; 3-dice in-arc primaries are not nothing. If you want defense, there's sensor jammer.

As far as PS10 Horton...which PS9s do you want to beat? If the main point is stripping tokens, can you finesse the list to put in either a closer or a heavier hitter? With the blocking and the token stripping, you have a lot of set-up...but for whom are you setting things up? Is the goal to prevent the opponent from having tokens to use on offense?

Maybe keep Horton at 10 and swap Wedge in there? You've got the points to kit him out a bit. Or Luke for an endgame ship?

8 minutes ago, Naechtweard said:

You're flying Heff, though, who gets a free action when somebody runs into him. You could go FCS to get locks; 3-dice in-arc primaries are not nothing. If you want defense, there's sensor jammer.

As far as PS10 Horton...which PS9s do you want to beat? If the main point is stripping tokens, can you finesse the list to put in either a closer or a heavier hitter? With the blocking and the token stripping, you have a lot of set-up...but for whom are you setting things up? Is the goal to prevent the opponent from having tokens to use on offense?

Maybe keep Horton at 10 and swap Wedge in there? You've got the points to kit him out a bit. Or Luke for an endgame ship?

Before I'd seen this, but prompted by the earlier questions, I nipped onto the squad builder and started looking at different options.

Horton - TLT, RS-D6, VI, Vectored Thrusters

Wedge - RR, FAA, Servos, IA, Outmaneuver (doubling down on the agility trick, especially as I'll have a talon roll)

Heff - RR, Pivot, EU, APL, Hera, Adv Sensors, Kyle Katarn.

Not sure about Heff's setup, or Out on Wedge. But it's just a thought for now. Getting used to all these Rebel options is tricky! The interactions don't all make sense to me yet.

What about something like this?

Luke

Refit

Expertise

FAA

IA

S-Foils

Horton

TLT

Chopper

GC

Bomb Loadout

EM

Title

Benthic Two-Tubes

Refit

Title

Rey

RecSpec

FCS

Leaves you 7 points to play with. Luke is a hard hitting beast, and, with the help of FAA, should be able to keep arc and stay stress free. Horton hits hard, has regen if needed, and Benthic can pass him a focus to boost offense. Benthic will have 2 focus tokens and hopefully a TL every turn.