Sign in to follow this  
jocke01

How many "fixes" is enough?

2 hours ago, jesper_h said:

1. "When is this ship going to be fixed?", "Please fix the X-Wing already!", "The game is called X-Wing Miniatures and that ship isn't even good."

(some time later)

2. "It's annoying having to purchase the fixes I asked for!", "This is just stupid power creep!", "It can't go on like this!"

Some time later still

3. Ugh, there are X Wings everywhere, they're so OP, plz nerf.

It will happen, search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Sure it's not crazy bad. You can buy ship expansions and get a solid list. However IF you want to play x wings you know need to buy alot of expansions to get s single ship work. Not a problem in casual, but most of the players I know in My city and the next over is very tournament oriented.

I have seen alot of players coming to tournaments and get pounded and only hearing the advice: oh you need that pilot from this expansion and that upgrade from there.

So they either swap to "new hot ships", the neccesary packs or stop playing. Sadly.

I see that most people here don't agree so I guess x wing will be fine.

eh, if we're going purely for tournaments you can probably skip Saw's

pessimistic outlook, I know, but the fixed Xs don't share the same traits as the tippy-top ships

1.) no turrets

2.) no guaranteed defenses

3.) no 'poons

mind you, I'm glad we're not getting anything that seems too out and out stupid

just saying the X-wing bandwagon is one for fun and perhaps soft tournament viability, not for "holy ****, Luke is the next Miranda!"

5 hours ago, jesper_h said:

1. "When is this ship going to be fixed?", "Please fix the X-Wing already!", "The game is called X-Wing Miniatures and that ship isn't even good."

(some time later)

2. "It's annoying having to purchase the fixes I asked for!", "This is just stupid power creep!", "It can't go on like this!"

And also:

1. "This game is not ready for any sort of heavy handed 2.0 revision."

(some time later)

2. "It's annoying having to staple 5 upgrades to a single ship just to make it viable." "It can't go on like this!"

if Luke were truly more durable than Miranada (he's not), he'd already be seeing competitive play. With his price already as he was, you could easily swap him in for Lowhrick in lists

he's just not and never will be in Miranada's league (also no one will be, and hopefully we keep it that way because Miranda is ridiculous) nor does he provide borked synergy like Lowhrick and Fenn/Ezra

at the end of the day, we're still largely looking at the same old x-wing. It can maneuver better and you can fit more stuff in a list, but it dies just as easily as it used to (which is very easily)

so again, not "bad" just not "stupid". And you need "stupid" to consistently climb to the top

Edited by ficklegreendice

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

if Luke were truly more durable than Miranada (he's not), he'd already be seeing competitive play. With his price already as he was, you could easily swap him in for Lowhrick in lists

he's just not and never will be in Miranada's league (also no one will be, and hopefully we keep it that way because Miranda is ridiculous) nor does he provide borked synergy like Lowhrick and Fenn/Ezra

6HP and 2 dice with regen versus 9HP and 1 die with regen is much of a muchness.  The reason you don't see Luke isn't lack of toughness, it's that his offence is middling at best and he doesn't have  and repositioning, a turret, aux arcs, bombs, etc etc etc.  Luke, Poe, and Miranda are all broadly similarly hard to take down when set up with regen and maximum defensive buffs.  But Miranda can keep shooting and bombing you whilst she runs away.  THe others can't.

This helps with the repositioning and cheapness, but not with the turret and bomb side of things.

SO not, it's not accurate to say that at all - he can be as durable, or even moreso, and still be less useful.

40 minutes ago, General Kenobi's Chicken said:

This thread makes me think I am enjoying this game way too much and many of you are enjoying it way too little.

This.

2 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Sure it's not crazy bad. You can buy ship expansions and get a solid list. However IF you want to play x wings you know need to buy alot of expansions to get s single ship work. Not a problem in casual, but most of the players I know in My city and the next over is very tournament oriented.

I have seen alot of players coming to tournaments and get pounded and only hearing the advice: oh you need that pilot from this expansion and that upgrade from there.

So they either swap to "new hot ships", the neccesary packs or stop playing. Sadly.

I see that most people here don't agree so I guess x wing will be fine.

Well, if they only can see the game as Sport-Wing and never as Beer-and-Pretzels-Wing, that's really the issue.

These are the 2 versions of the game.  They don't mesh that well together.  I'm not sure they should.

So, if players aren't willing to set aside 'poons, TLT, bomblets, Miranda, etc., and just have a fun night of pew pew, they are missing the best version of the game, IMHO.