PanchoX1

article up!

In four+ years of playing, I've never played Rebel.

But now, with a chance of maybe fielding a XYU list, I might come on over to the light side.

No idea how I'd make such a list, and the Y would need painting black and white. But it's exciting!

56 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

One thing i havent seen mentioned: sfoils closed is basically "gogogo r2d2 little buddy, let's run"-mode.

Im not so happy seeing that strategy buffed. 2 bank+boost is quite a bit of distance...

TLT will still melt them down.

17 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

TLT will still melt them down.

They can ride out 2 or 3 volleys of tlt fire, especially those with access to evade tokens (intensity) or focus defense mods (Luke) add in the old rebel regen droids, and the enhanced green moves on the dial and I'm not so sure that is a given.  

If you are talking about the 5xrookie list option ... tlt will melt them down - you are correct ... but can a tlt win the damage race against 5x3 dice attacks?  

Is it just me or is this pretty nice:

Norra Wexley, Expertise, Magva Yarro, R2D2, title.

Means you can have a lock from a previous round, spend it to get an eyeball, turn it into an evade with a focus token, then reacquire the lock, which you can then use to attack them, or save for next round to use as a defence if you want, and use Expertise to flip the added eyeball if you want.

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Is it just me or is this pretty nice:

Norra Wexley, Expertise, Magva Yarro, R2D2, title.

Means you can have a lock from a previous round, spend it to get an eyeball, turn it into an evade with a focus token, then reacquire the lock, which you can then use to attack them, or save for next round to use as a defence if you want, and use Expertise to flip the added eyeball if you want.

Nice. It's essentially a defensive version of a Fire Control System, which is exactly what Norra Wexley wants if you're primarily using her ability defensively.

7 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Nice. It's essentially a defensive version of a Fire Control System, which is exactly what Norra Wexley wants if you're primarily using her ability defensively.

Double nice if you could have Magva and Rey, but you can't. 

But Magva and flying with Two Tubes or Garven or Esege...

Here's my two cents real quick:

Really glad Two-Tubes is in the game. He is the partisan apart from Saw after all. 

New pilots look fun. In the long run they might be gimmicky, but that's too soon to tell and it gives the pack a real "playable out of the box" feel.

They won't overshadow the classics, either- which I find to be the exactly correct way to handle this. Let's be honest- the Rogues are supposed to be the X-Wing posterboys. The new guys will do their job nicely, but our favourites will benefit just as well if not more. 

FFG, this looks like just what we needed. Fun, functional, thematic. I'm still more hyped for the Reaper (now even more so), but well done!

8 minutes ago, DampfGecko said:

Here's my two cents real quick:

Really glad Two-Tubes is in the game. He is the partisan apart from Saw after all. 

New pilots look fun. In the long run they might be gimmicky, but that's too soon to tell and it gives the pack a real "playable out of the box" feel.

They won't overshadow the classics, either- which I find to be the exactly correct way to handle this. Let's be honest- the Rogues are supposed to be the X-Wing posterboys. The new guys will do their job nicely, but our favourites will benefit just as well if not more. 

FFG, this looks like just what we needed. Fun, functional, thematic. I'm still more hyped for the Reaper (now even more so), but well done!

This.

It's a nice boost, but not a ridiculous one - essentially giving up a torpedo slot you don't really use on X-wing aces, in return for a -3 point discount (for an elite) and getting barrel roll added to your action bar and a talon roll to your dial.

It's a touch better than that, of course. But even just looking at it as that is a pretty darn good boost, on a par with Starviper MkII.

But, none of the newer pilots are PS8s and PS9s so the trinity of Wedge, Wes, Luke remains the best pilots your points can buy.

Sperado with R2 Astromech, S-Foils and Push the Limit moves like a TIE Interceptor.
Flip s-foils to attack position, move, barrel roll, close s-foils, push the limit -> boost, open s-foils again for 3 dice.
Too bad you cannot combine it with high PS. 

I just hope nobody bothers to open and close the miniature wings whenever that guy flips the s-foils card. :D

Oh, refined my U-wing idea:

Heff Tobber (24)

• Saw Gererra (1)
  • Zeb (1)
  • Guidance Chip (0)
  • Advanced Proton Torpedo (5)

Move up aggressively.  Expect to bump.  They hit you, you TL.  Fire at R1.  Roll 5 dice.  3 blanks turn to eyeballs.  Use Saw to turn all eyeballs to Crits!  Use GC to change a 4th blank or even a measely hit into another Crit!  Too bad there is no Extra Munitions.

Other thoughts....With the Refit, you can get Heff and put on Anti Pursuit Lasers and Ion Projectors!  

Porkins with PTL and R5-D8 is only 29 pts now!

These pilot abilities will be great in HotAC!

Edited by heychadwick

8 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

Sperado with R2 Astromech, S-Foils and Push the Limit moves like a TIE Interceptor.
Flip s-foils to attack position, move, barrel roll, close s-foils, push the limit -> boost, open s-foils again for 3 dice.
Too bad you cannot combine it with high PS. 

I just hope nobody bothers to open and close the miniature wings whenever that guy flips the s-foils card. :D

Her's also got 3 more HP than the squint, and arguably a slightly better dial (1 straight and banks being added to the available moves when PTLing every round) and TL, for about the same price.

Poor squints.

Ugh, I just checked on account of another thread, and... the x-wings in this box aren't actually called T65 X-Wing.  They're just called X-Wing.

Day 1 errata were always going to be necessary to catch the other X-Wings with a name change, but it's a real shame that the ships in the box are apparently going to need day 1 errata as well.  For goodness sake FFG.

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Ugh, I just checked on account of another thread, and... the x-wings in this box aren't actually called T65 X-Wing.  They're just called X-Wing.

Day 1 errata were always going to be necessary to catch the other X-Wings with a name change, but it's a real shame that the ships in the box are apparently going to need day 1 errata as well.  For goodness sake FFG.

I think the designers are spread way too thin, and they simply don't have the time to review the text on new products as they should. Heck, they don't give real thought to the games amazingly complex interactions beyond what will sell units. In their defense though, this game prints money regardless what happens good or no, others games are struggling...

14 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I really doubt they'll need any errata. Just a line on the rules sheet saying 'Upgrade cards that say T65 X-wing only can only be equipped to pilots whose ship name is exactly X-wing'. And maybe something in the FAQ to clarify it to people who lost/didn't read the rule sheet. 

FFG makes mistakes, but they wouldn't make such a huge one. 

Edited by player2072913