PanchoX1

article up!

If I may offer one major criticism independent of the power level of the new x-wings,

the X-wing is a core set ship, ie one of the first your new players get a handle on

so wtf is this when your basic rookie pilot has to be saddled with FOUR upgrade cards (refit, integrated, servos, astro) to be optimal? ****, your luke skywalker is going to need five with his discounted ept

six cards if you count both servo sides

Edited by ficklegreendice

Just now, Biophysical said:

At the same time, no less.

Indeed. 

As I was reading it, I was really happy that X-wings are going to come roaring back, but I'm sad that there still won't be any humble TIE fighters on the table. 

I feel kind of ungrateful going there immediately, but I hope TIEs get the same treatment.

Just now, BojambaMcMamba said:

Indeed. 

As I was reading it, I was really happy that X-wings are going to come roaring back, but I'm sad that there still won't be any humble TIE fighters on the table. 

I feel kind of ungrateful going there immediately, but I hope TIEs get the same treatment.

At least Imperials have fighters that are good.

Just now, ficklegreendice said:

If I may offer one major criticism independent of the power level of the new x-wings,

the X-wing is a core set ship, ie one of the first your new players get a handle on

so wtf is this when your basic rookie pilot has to be saddled with FOUR upgrade cards (refit, integrated, servos, astro)?

well, considering the T65 is over five years old, seldom sees any playtime, and the generics are basically fodder it's nice to see a little buff to the game's namesake. Whether it's enough to be considered good remains to be seen.

11 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Rookie, FAA, Renegade Refit, S-foils, nd Integrated Astromech is 20 points.  6 hit points and decent maneuverability.

On top of that we still don't even know the point cost of the PS1 XWings in that pack yet.

So refit what people were guessing (hoping). Enhancing the EPTcarriers on top, the EPT less pilots look like sad pandas (or have to take the EPT astro).

Magva Yarro is useful! FCS in the crew slot, yes please!

Saw's uwing looks interesting, too. As rebels generally have low number of defense dice, you easily have damaged or stressed ships around. Could even stress yourself and get reroll!

Benthic is a but meh, what I am missing?

5 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

The new pilots seem pretty good to me.

I'm glad to see the U-wings being able to give support--and we have Saw with an EPT--that's always nice.

I thought we'd see them addressing the Pivot Wing Title though...

pilot_kullbee_sperado.pngpilot_leevan_tenza.png

pilot_saw_gerrera.pngpilot_benthic_two_tubes.png

kneejerk reaction time!

Saw is great, might actually see play

Benthic best-name-ever isn't good enough to make the U worthwhile

Leevan seems pretty okay. Stress probably won't be  a both if you leverage FAA right

I don't think the Saw's named pilots stack up to the likes of Luke/Wedge/WEs/Tarn though

Edited by ficklegreendice

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

so wtf is this when your basic rookie pilot has to be saddled with FOUR upgrade cards (refit, integrated, servos, astro) to be optimal? ****, your luke skywalker is going to need five with his discounted ept

six cards if you count both servo sides

An opportunity to give out official alt-art-double-sided-4x-upgrade cards in the next store kit?  That'd be a cool hand out, especially for players just getting started.