Sign in to follow this  
Chaotix

New scum falcon

2 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

I don't need a 3rd falcon model.  Not a fan of the 'new' design in SOLO.  Doesn't even look scummy.  

FFG should just release pilot, chit, and upgrade cards.  Nobody wants a 3rd model (except for "That guy".  Most of us aren't "That guy".)

Speak for yourself.  I have 2 of each of the other YT-1300 sculpts and will gladly get another.

And if I want to fly the new YT-1300 sculpt with the OT Han Solo base and the ST Han Ability, I'm gonna, because

Stevemartin.jpg

I'm That Wild And Crazy Guy!!

While they are at it don't forget the Imperial Bounty Hunters. Yeah an Imperial Jumpmaster would likely be the broken down hunk of garbage it is now but Imperial Bro-bots could be interesting.

Edited by Marinealver

new model and new rules, if FFG even has the slightest hint of a clue about what they're doing

...so, coin flip

the pre-Han falcon isn't the same ship we know and love. It's apparently Lando's luxury, supped up car. The game stats should reflect this if they're going to bother making a new model and introducing it into scum, which already has a PWT. BOth in gameplay and in fluff, getting a third yt1300 makes no **** sense

so this new old falcon would have to basically be worse in every way, probably Outer Rim smuggler stats with a mobile arc (because goddamnit, FFG, they're a great idea USE THEM) and a price that matches its reduced capabilities

possibly with a title that gives it an additional red die when the mobile arc is facing forward (overlapped with the primary firing arc)

this'll give you ship that isn't just a worse Lancer or Jm5k, providing you with a good platform with which to introduce scum's first double-crew ship and a slew of cool new pilots + upgrades

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

While they are at it don't forget the Imperial Bounty Hunters. Yeah an Imperial Jumpmaster would likely be the broken down hunk of garbage it is now...

I could get behind this idea.

2 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

...but Imperial Bro-bots could be interesting.

vader.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jadotch said:

Stats
latest?cb=20130427171149

mobile arc
rotate mobile arc action

23/24 points

Millennium Falcon - 0 pts

yt-1300 only. Title.

When attacking with a primary weapon, if the defender is inside your primary and mobile firing arcs, you may roll 1 additional attack die

32 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

For most of them. I could see a Lando with the falcon stats as the highest skilled pilot. But problem is we still have contracted scout.

This one would enable Jabba at 28-29 instead of 34, leaving more room for ships and Illicits. Not enough for competitive play probably, but right now Jabba is not even worth it for fun play, as his eminence does not fit well into 100/6, when you pay already 34 for the anti-grav sleigh.

There have been complaints that newcomers wouldn't recognize any of the ships on the table, well this will put the most recognizable ship in all of science fiction on the table. And for those that "don't want a third falcon", don't buy it.

Me, I can't wait for this to happen and see what new tricks it has.

In the end Han said it best, "c'mon, let's try to keep a little optimism here."

it's not the most recognizable ship, though

it's a previous incarnation of the most recognizable ship, where it looks all shiny and new (and less "piece of junk"y, which is kind of the first thing you hear about the falcon when you first see it)

it also won't put it on the table at all if it's introduced into scum without significant changes. If they just fart it out as is, it'll just be an inferior jm5k

FFG will have to do some work to ensure this isn't a complete waste of an expac

21 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

It would be just hilarious to have Jabba and Han on the same ship.

Well, they did seem to be on good terms at one point. Heck, Jabba in ANH seemed to cut Han a lot of slack, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

After he sent Greedo after him...  And only when Han assured him he’d have the money.  

To be fair, Jabba is fairly courteous even when threatened. I guess he could keep his demeanor up when a smuggler tries to negotiate. He doesn't need to be an ***

22 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

Neither do the Protectorate Fighters, the Scyks, or Kihraxzs. You've drawn a very odd line in the sand, here.

Scyks and Kihraxzs definately look scummy.  They're brown, dirty and all around brawlers.

Protectorate is Mandelorian, so without a Manadlorian faction it makes sense to place it in the scum faction.

A shiny 'new' ship that already exists as two previous iterations doesn't make a lick of sense to me and seems redundant and wasteful.

2 hours ago, Jadotch said:

Stats
latest?cb=20130427171149

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

mobile arc
rotate mobile arc action

23/24 points

Millennium Falcon - 0 pts

yt-1300 only. Title.

When attacking with a primary weapon, if the defender is inside your primary and mobile firing arcs, you may roll 1 additional attack die

And the first large ship with a 6 Straight! (Cuz, c'mon, 12 would be ridiculous.)

26 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

Scyks and Kihraxzs definately look scummy.  They're brown, dirty and all around brawlers.

Protectorate is Mandelorian, so without a Manadlorian faction it makes sense to place it in the scum faction.

A shiny 'new' ship that already exists as two previous iterations doesn't make a lick of sense to me and seems redundant and wasteful.

Just because dirt is brown, does not mean the Kihraxz and Scyk are dirty. Whether they are lacking weathering is hard to tell due to their paint scheme. I could be wrong, but I think you've drawn a false equivalency that "dirty=scum." If dirty is scum, then the Protectorate does not fit neatly into the scum faction because it looks pristine and new. The same could be said of the Aggressor starfighter as well.

On the flip side, the Protectorate is a ship employed by a faction that is functionally hired by the Empire, and then that same faction pretty much joins the Rebel cause. It's pretty complicated, from a story perspective, but scum does fit them best. If that is going to be your scum criteria, then pre-ANH Han fits firmly into scum territory, shiny ship or no.

Thus, the pre-ANH Millennium Falcon, shiny or no, fits pretty well into the scum faction.

EDIT: I am not arguing that you SHOULD want to buy yet another Falcon model. Your tastes are your tastes, as is your pocketbook. Spend your money on what you like. But you've made conflicting statements about what qualifies as a "scum ship."

Edited by Yakostovian