Sign in to follow this  
BigKahuna

Lord of the Rings Quest Companion Gets a New Home

It's my pleasure and privilege to announce that the Lord of the Rings Quest Companion has received a new home and will be preserved for the foreseeable future.  In cooperation with its creator Banania, Gamersdungeon.net (my tiny and humble blog) has become the new host of one of Lord of the Rings LCG best resources (in my humble opinion).

You can find the direct link to the new site here (http://lotr-lcg-quest-companion.gamersdungeon.net/).  The campaign companion has also been debugged and brought online you can find the direct link here (http://lotr-lcg-quest-companion.gamersdungeon.net/campaignlog/)

I would imagine most of you already know what the tool is for and what it does, but here is the original post from Banania that describes it (https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/225595-the-lord-of-the-rings-quest-companion/)

The initial plan for the Companion was to simply preserve it and that first goal has now been accomplished.  However it's my hope that we can do more than maintain it as an archive, I hope that the community can come together and volunteer some of their time to help us update and maintain the site to include future releases.  Volunteers are welcome and appreciated!

My general plan for the site is for it to remain free forever, advertisement free with no catches of any kind.  All I want to do is preserve this great resource.  We will however sometime in the future setup a donation page which will allow the community to contribute to the permanent maintenance of the site and potentially for its expansion.

For now, enjoy it and be sure to thank Banania for all of his hard work and dedication of creating this great resource,  he has done a wonderful job and deserves all of our gratitude!

Edited by BigKahuna

57 minutes ago, RedSpiderr said:

Fantastic, thank you so much for bringing this back!

For some reason it won't allow me to vote on the quest ratings. Any time I refresh the page, my vote has been discounted

I should warn everyone that.... there may be some bugs here after the transition.  So if you run into any you can post them here and we can have a look.

Great work guys, nice to see this excellent resource updated again. Will you be bringing back the random quest generator? I would also like to see the images for the Sands of Harad and other sets that haven't been uploaded yet. I use them for my dividers and can't seem to find any good quality images.

I have linked your site to my blogroll article on Vision of the Palantir, so hopefully, more players will find their way to this great resource.

There may have been a database loss when the site was down unfortunately.

I’ll check the Aragorn thing, it should appear but I’m currently on holiday so it will have to wait until August.

@TragicTheBlathering what information on nightmare would you like to see? I’ve wondered for a while but can’t see what information would be interesting, the setup card provide all the info you need. Nightmares are not rules per se, rather a mod of the scenario.

easy mode is included because it did not exist at the beginning of the game and you need a list of cards for earlier encounter sets.

Edited by banania

That's odd. I have the companion bookmarked and just opened it. It still back at the Mumakil, with Assault on Dol Guldur and Mountain of Fire "upcoming." Refreshing the page didn't help. I'll search for it on my browser. Maybe the old version I bookmarked didn't update.