Sign in to follow this  
Stinchy

First time imperial.

Hi, I've been playing rebels for about a year now. So thought it was about time I tried the mighty imperials. 

I so far have an arquitan, interdictor, vsd and isd (chimaera). Also about 6 tie fighters. 

Thinking 3 activations would be the only way without a gozonti. 

Anyone had any good builds with these ships ? 

VSD's make good door stops. Arquitens can just go in the trash as they aren't even good for that :)

In seriousness though - that is a pretty rough setup. All those ships are really point heavy, and if you only have the core set tie's as far as squads go that limits you there as well. Maybe something along these lines? Turn the Arq into 2 Gozanti's and a bid and this fleet gets a fair bit more dangerous. But Pryce should be enough to set up a fairly devastating turn for the opponent between 2 sources of HIE and ACM with Screed.

test
Author: Brobafett

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Admiral Screed

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
Interdictor  ( 3  points)
-  Captain Brunson  ( 5  points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Heavy Ion Emplacements  ( 9  points)
-  G7-X Grav Well Projector  ( 2  points)
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points)
= 117 total ship cost

Imperial Star Destroyer Kuat Refit (112 points)
Avenger  ( 5  points)
-  Governor Pryce  ( 7  points)
-  Fire-Control Team  ( 2  points)
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points)
-  Heavy Ion Emplacements  ( 9  points)
-  Assault Concussion Missiles  ( 7  points)
= 149 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54 points)
-  Admiral Screed  ( 26  points)
-  Captain Needa  ( 2  points)
-  Early Warning System  ( 7  points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points)
= 96 total ship cost

4 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 32 points)
= 32 total squadron cost

Edited by BrobaFett

Not myself, but seen them used quite frequently against me.

Either solid damage through Vader, or maneuver through JJ with DTT fixing the rolls slightly.

Standoff and overlap fire... it’s like fighting AFMKIIs at 2/3rds the cost.

12 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I’ve only used Arquitens once, and it didn’t go well.

Has anyone had success with them?

I've seen Arquitens used to success multiple times. I think they're better if you can run them in pairs but a single one can still do plenty of work.

In my opinion, Arquitens are by far the best long-range flanking ships in the game. Jerrjerod also makes them plenty maneuverable.

Plus, if you can get Turbolaser Reroute Circuits on them with Intensify Firepower in your list, that's three guaranteed damage on at least one attack each round right there. Hence why two can really start bringing the hurt if you're concentrating fire most rounds and relying on JJ for your maneuvering.

15 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I love them. I won a local tournament with them back when they first came out. 

The toughest thing about them is they are a ship that really wants do do every command other than squdron. 

You want to concentrate fire because you want to increase your damage.

You want to nav to get out of danger.

You want to use an engineering command, at least once per game I find as one arch of your ships almost never gets shot at so you want to move shilds to where you are getting shot at.

I think even though most everyone sees the arquitens movement chart as a weekness it's really not bad.  That double click at the end means your side arch will always be where you need it to, and I have found by anticapating your opponents approach and planning out yours you will no longer need to spam nav or take JJ.

They are a great little ship that you just need to spend some time with to get the hang of, like you said you only played them once. It's a concept that works for every ship the more time you play with it the better both you and the ship will become.

28 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I used a fleet recently with 2 of them and I really liked it, it did quite well.

[ EMPIRE FLEET (400 points)
1 • Imperial Star Destroyer Cymoon 1 Refit - Grand Admiral Thrawn - Captain Needa - Intensify Firepower! - Quad Battery Turrets - Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (164)
2 • Arquitens-class Light Cruiser - Enhanced Armament (64)
3 • Arquitens-class Light Cruiser - Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (61)
4 • Gozanti-class Cruisers - Comms Net (25)
5 • Valen Rudor TIE Fighter Squadron (13)
6 • Ciena Ree TIE Interceptor Squadron (17)
7 • Captain Jonus TIE Bomber Squadron (16)
8 • Maarek Stele TIE Defender Squadron (21)
9 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
10 • TIE Interceptor Squadron (11)

Objectives - Most Wanted - Fire Lanes - Intel Sweep

I used it mainly to test Thrawn, the idea was to spam navigates with the Arquitens (which they need very much if you don't have Jerjerrod) and with Thrawn have Concentrate Fires to use when most needed to roll as many dice from long range as possible. With Intensify Firepower, TRC and Jonus you would be able to change the blanks into something useful. It was pretty fun to play and as I said, it did really well

18 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

From what little experience I have, it's mostly about range control. They're fairly resilient and pack a punch as long as only red dice are involved. Without nav, though, it appears to me that those two clicks at top speed are mostly useful to turn those huge side arcs around- which is why it can circle the engagement at high speeds fairly effectively, as long as you never point your nose directly at the enemy when you start moving.

14 hours ago, SoonerTed said:

I will never understand the hate for VSDs.

I think Speed 2 is what makes the Vic challenging to use. And the worst manoeuvre chart in the game.

Point for point they are very tanky, but difficult to get working effectively. Hence most people prefer an ISD for greater cost.