VAYASAN

Snowtroopers, help me!!

I have a Scariff, Endor and Tatooine board for Legion and for now....I think thats enough :D

How can I convince myself to get the 'snowtroopers' when I~ dont have snowy terrain and would base them with grass(same as my other forces).

Should I just pass on the Snowtroopers.

What are you lot doing?  (also id hate myself down the line if I did make a snow table and I had made Snowtroopers with grass bases already)

**** this game :lol:

Tippex out 'snow' and replace with 'shock'.  
Or make them a 'guard' squad like death troopers by giving them a different coloured coat and keeping them near a commander.  

Why you need to buy it.

This game is already expensive enough to collect for the units you need.

So you should wait to buy the snow troopers until you want to run a winter scenario.

25 minutes ago, Wetaas said:

Why you need to buy it.

This game is already expensive enough to collect for the units you need.

So you should wait to buy the snow troopers until you want to run a winter scenario.

A very good question. A Very very good question.

They are star wars figures!!  I am trying to convince myself I should /dont need them...but they are so pretty!

You could check out the prequels and see they were used as a Marine squad and had alternate paint schemes. I am going with a purple and white/off white squad as seen in Revenge of the Sith.

I also have some old Kenner/Hasbro figures from the prequels that have alternate paint schemes for the "Snow Troopers" that I may base my miniatures on. Not building a Hoth table either but would love to use them anyway.

Edited by C3POFETT

14 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

You could check out the prequels and see they were used as a Marine squad and had alternate paint schemes. I am going with a purple and white/off white squad as seen in Revenge of the Sith.

I also have some old Kenner/Hasbro figures from the prequels that have alternate paint schemes for the "Snow Troopers" that I may base my miniatures on. Not building a Hoth table either but would love to use them anyway.

Same, although I think I’ll end up using more of a crimson, but it gives you a great neutral environment unit.

or like others said go more desert based, I don’t think it’s unreasonable in the least that a regulated environmental suit and gear can’t work for hot climates as well.

55 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

The Snowtroopers' Ion Gun sucks. Stormtroopers just shine because of their heavy weapons. Snowtroopers are a little bit more mobile Stormtroopers with worse heavy weapons and not precice. Buy more Stormtroopers.

You have forgotten the fact that they look cool!

3 minutes ago, Skargoth said:

"Hazardtroopers." Been trying to come up with a smoother name though. They're geared for harsh environments.

EV Troopers.

Since they're just regular stormies in Hostile EnVironment Suits.

Can also say that although the armor's kitted out for cold weather environments the snow color only works when the location's covered in actual snow. What if it was a very cold environment, but closer to a tagia than strictly tundra? Might want some camouflage on that armor.

1 hour ago, keltheos said:

Can also say that although the armor's kitted out for cold weather environments the snow color only works when the location's covered in actual snow. What if it was a very cold environment, but closer to a tagia than strictly tundra? Might want some camouflage on that armor.

That doesn't seem to bother regular Stormtroopers.