Jiron

Stop Whining!

4 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Ever wondered why that is?Could it possibly be due to the direction the developers have chosen for the game?

I know it's the reason. Just face it like a grow-up ;-)

6 hours ago, Jiron said:

I know it's the reason. Just face it like a grow-up ;-)

I do. That‘s why I stopped playing.

It is not healthy for the game though.

(edit: for full transperancy: stopped playing tournaments. No reason why I cant use my $1500 stuff to have some fun)

Edited by GreenDragoon

3 minutes ago, SOTL said:

I'm just not sure what 'less maneuvering/more math' even means.  From what I can tell that's not really changed much in several years, if indeed it ever truly was different. 

I think there's some serious rose-tinted spectacles usage going on.

Less maneuvering: An increasing amount of turrets without blindspots per tournament and per list. This means it is not possible to take a shot without being shot. Han had that already. I argue that these turrets got stronger (more dice, better upgrades, better mods) and more prevalent. As anecdote, 9 out of 11 lists I faced at the SOS had one or more pointheavy turret. That is an increase in my experience.

There's not any more turrets in the Top 20 pilots on meta-wing than there's ever been, it's one of the stats I track each month.  TBH it never even varies very much - it's never been more than 10 pilots in the Top 20 and it's rarely lower than 7 in any given month.

Any swing towards/away from turrets is almost entirely a perception thing from the community..

27 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Less maneuvering: An increasing amount of turrets without blindspots per tournament and per list. This means it is not possible to take a shot without being shot. Han had that already. I argue that these turrets got stronger (more dice, better upgrades, better mods) and more prevalent. As anecdote, 9 out of 11 lists I faced at the SOS had one or more pointheavy turret. That is an increase in my experience.

To counter that particular anecdote, 2 out of the 11 lists I played this weekend featured a turret.  Maybe the players in your area just prefer to lean on crutches more?

22 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

To counter that particular anecdote, 2 out of the 11 lists I played this weekend featured a turret.  Maybe the players in your area just prefer to lean on crutches more?

That is possible of course. But my analysis of regionals this season tells me your anecdote is the outlier here :)

Edit: If you‘re interested in the numbers: 1825 lists. 16% had just normal arcs, that‘s 1 out of 6. or 2 out of 12, pretty close to my 2 out of 11.

Edited by GreenDragoon

48 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Edit: If you‘re interested in the numbers: 1825 lists. 16% had just normal arcs, that‘s 1 out of 6. or 2 out of 12, pretty close to my 2 out of 11.

That's a different discussion, though.  The game has specifically moved on from forward-only arcs, partly to close the gap between turreted and non-turreted ships.

If you want forward-only ships as your key measure then the best thing you could buy is DeLorean.  

Here’s the thing @Jiron, if you care about something, you are invested in something, and you have a real and founded belief that there is a glaring problem with that something, which is worse? 1) discussing it with others who have the same interests? or “cutting the crap” and keep your mouth —or fingers on this platform— shut? 

I’ll never attack anyone for selecting either choice; freewill is a grand thing.

...now where’s my tea?

Edited by clanofwolves

While I wholeheartedly agree with the notion of "less whining", I guess we should acknowledge that this is at least in part what forums like these are for. 

That's why so many "Whiners" start with things like "It's fun, but it could be better". As long as **** stays on topic, a lot of discussions on this forum are actually quite fruitful. Negative or not, I can enjoy that. Food for thought and all that.  Of course, things get grating when the usual way of the Internet starts happening and the flame wars begin. 

Some people really need to take a step back and ask themselves if they are presenting any valid points worth opening another thread for. Let's just not make this the norm and stay civil. We've been rather good at it so far.

6 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

What's more ironic is that the thread is called "Stop Whining" and yet it really boils down to the OP whining about people whining. 

Mind Blown!