Sign in to follow this  
DakkaDakka12

Biggest hit possible from 1 ship?

Well, that's 4+4, not 9-10 : you can't Gliltterstim and Opportunist (stress prevents opportunist, so 5+4 if you don't 'stim)and the defender defends twice. Of course, against a Ghost (or any 0 agi ships), it is the same (easier to hit since Guidance Chips trigger twice).

Biggest since dice throw is probably something like :

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!112:49,241,215:-1:25:&sn=N'Dru's one punch&obs=

(4 Speed maneuver, N'Dru and opportunist for 1+4+1+1=7 dice, Scavenger crane for doing it again!).

Or with Fenn :

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!212:188,34:43:25:&sn=Fenn's one punch&obs=

(at range one : Adv Proton + Fenn + Fearlessness for 5+1+1=7 dice -- including 1 hit from Fearlessness, 1 crit from chips and 3 focus from AdvProt guaranteed! --, make sure you have a focus).

It's neither, it's 5 dice, then 4 dice.  He can do better wirth Fearlessness, which gets him 5 then 5 at range 1.

Biggest posssible in a single roll is nine:

Norra Wexley (29)
Swarm Leader (3)
Finn (5)
R7-T1 (3)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Experimental Interface (3)

Shara Bey (28)
Debris Gambit (2)

Jan Ors (25)
Debris Gambit (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Norra focuses, EI lock/boost with droid.  Shara needs a lock from a previous round, then Debris Gambits for the evade.  Jan Debris Gambits for the evade.  Norra shoots (2) range 1 (3) with title (4), Jan uses her ability to add 1 (5), Swarm Leader adds 2 more (7) Norra spends her lock to add an eyeball (8) and Finn adds a blank (9) which Norra can then reroll with Shara's lock.

It's not possible to do 9 every round, but it's possible to do 7 every round and 9 every other round with the right setup.  It's a terrible idea though.

They don't call her Nine-Dice Norra for nothing.

Edited by thespaceinvader

7 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It's not possible to do 9 every round, but it's possible to do 7 every round and 9 every other round with the right setup.  It's a terrible idea though.

The setup though... and it requires the whole list to be built for it to work. But yes, in theory ;) Also, it stops working after any ship is killed, and focus firing the HWK should not be an issue :P 

Edited by NilsTillander

Totally forgot the stress.

The thought process behind this was more about how much damage a single ship can do rather than 1 hit per se.

scum seems to be able to pull off some crazy dice amounts with its jank, how about Rebels or Empire?

14 minutes ago, NilsTillander said:

The setup though... and it requires the whole list to be built for it to work. But yes, in theory ;) Also, it stops working after any ship is killed, and focus firing the HWK should not be an issue :P 

I never said it was good, but it at least works more than once, which anything relying on a missile or torp doesn't.

In theory.

And if you're focus firing Jan, Norra's smacking you int he face with 8 or 9 dice ;)

17 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

In practice it's basically impossible to pull off to the fullest, but the core thesis of it (Norra with Swarm Leader) is still a MASSIVE stick even without Jan and Finn.

Easiest to solo (no requirement for other ships to be around) pull off every turn is probably Fearless Fenn (3+range 1+Fenn+Fearless = 6 dice).

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!274:-1,243,256,-1:-1:-1:;221:179,111,111:-1:13:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Whilst your opponent fortresses cos they are dumb, use the team fire droid and reload to pile harpoons into the regenerating shadowcaster.

Then once you are satisfied that its stuck with enough potential, fly it into your opponent’s formation and blow it up with a guidence chipped harpoon and BOOM - potentially unlimited damage. 

36 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v4!s!274:-1,243,256,-1:-1:-1:;221:179,111,111:-1:13:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Whilst your opponent fortresses cos they are dumb, use the team fire droid and reload to pile harpoons into the regenerating shadowcaster.

Then once you are satisfied that its stuck with enough potential, fly it into your opponent’s formation and blow it up with a guidence chipped harpoon and BOOM - potentially unlimited damage. 

OK, that's hilarious.

Awful, but hilarious.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

In practice it's basically impossible to pull off to the fullest, but the core thesis of it (Norra with Swarm Leader) is still a MASSIVE stick even without Jan and Finn.

Indeed. It's a nasty idea.

A slightly less insane version could fit alongside three Green Squadron swarmers, too, helping you better set up the shot and feeding you evade tokens from slightly more elusive platforms:

• Norra Wexley
    • Alliance Overhaul
    • Swarm Leader
    • Rey
    • R7-T1
  • Green Squadron Pilot x 3
    • A-Wing Test Pilot
    • Snap Shot
    • Juke
    • Chaardan Refit

Bossk with fearlessness, cluster missiles, Dengar crew, K4 Droid, Zuckuss, Glitterstim, chips. 

Caps out at 10 damage, assuming you get a natural Crit on one of the rolls (chips only once). And this is reasonably likely with Dengar crew helping you out. 

This was exactly what I used in the days of TIE defenders being everywhere. It feels really good to one-shot Vessery before he gets to shoot. 

The best I ever did with it was one-shoting an IG-88, with an evade token, and Glitterstim active (before Zuckuss was nerfed).

6 minutes ago, Crit Happens said:

Bossk with fearlessness, cluster missiles, Dengar crew, K4 Droid, Zuckuss, Glitterstim, chips. 

Caps out at 10 damage, assuming you get a natural Crit on one of the rolls (chips only once). And this is reasonably likely with Dengar crew helping you out. 

This was exactly what I used in the days of TIE defenders being everywhere. It feels really good to one-shot Vessery before he gets to shoot. 

The best I ever did with it was one-shoting an IG-88, with an evade token, and Glitterstim active (before Zuckuss was nerfed).

Ketsu with Bossk deletes a Defender in a round more often than not.  I loved that combo.

31 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Ketsu with Bossk deletes a Defender in a round more often than not.  I loved that combo.

giphy.gif

That combo was my bread and butter during the Defender meta. I still think to this day I've one rounded more Colonel Vesserys than any other ship in my XWing games....ah.....good times. 

Edited by RStan

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
Opportunist (4)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Swarm Leader (3)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Autothrusters (2)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Autothrusters (2)

Jan Ors (25)

Total: 85

6-7 dice from a two attack ship is pretty funny. I think that's the most of a primary two attack ship.

The N'dru with fearlessness is a neat combo for 24 points. 
I mean, your enemy HAS to deal with him first, which means you could play something nasty next to him.. 

N'Dru Suhlak (17)
Fearlessness (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Glitterstim (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Fenn Rau (28)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Asajj Ventress (37)
Lone Wolf (2)
Latts Razzi (2)
Rigged Cargo Chute (1)

This was the first thing I thought of.. I might try this out someday

Edited by ModernPenguin

the 9 dice norra above is  the biggest single die roll I know of. but It's super janky and very easy to counter. I've won both games I've flown with it, by blind luck, and only got off the 9 die attack once. Most attacks we're 4-5 dice. 

For a more reliable and before the dark times of Lowhricck....competitiveish list:

Jess Pava (25)
R2-D6 (1)
Swarm Leader (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Snap Shot (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Juke (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Snap Shot (2)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Juke (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Jan Ors (25)
Trick Shot (0)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Nien Nunb (1)

I flew this a lot pre-reinforce. With all the defensive stacking or high PS alpha, it's really weak. dropped off from a very strong list for me with an 75% or better win ratio, to...I'll win if I'm playing against a non-optimized meta list. lol but it fires 6-7 dice pretty reliably. I often would get the 7 dice off at least once a game if not twice. I loved blocking Fenn or Dengar with one A-Wing, then pumping him with 7 dice during the Paratanni days. It's still a very fun list, but very matchup dependent. 

Interestingly, I think the most possible damage in a single activation is Rexler shooting a Deci with Cluster Missiles and Opportunist.

He rolled 4 hits, taking 4 shields.  Then he rolls three crits, getting major explosion (rolling into Direct Hit), major explosion (into direct hit), direct hit, then spends focus to flip the major explosions back up, getting two more direct hits.  16 damage in a single activation.

Not the biggest number by any measure, but a friend of mine was doing the following neat trick: Pure Sabacc with Snap Shot and Palpatine. 3 dice Snap Shot (use Palp for a crit), then 5 dice primary.

Edited by LordBlades

Wuffles can get up to 9, same way Norra can.  Swarm Leader, ability, Jan, and Finn.  I'd not noticed that, actually.  But it's mildly less reliable, due to one of the added dice being a roll, rather than a useful result - and it's a little harder to get him the rerolls - but conversely, he's not reliant on a token to add one of his results, so it's possible to do it literally every round if you give him targetting computer.

It's actually probably better overall than Norra.