AintNoPoser

Dropping the Ball (Opinion)

5 hours ago, Darkfine said:

One model for one faction in the time that has past isn’t a great place to be trying to argue for FFG.  

Legion is the companies 5th outing into miniature gaming and we still have this silly trickle of not only models but info in general.  Also worth mentioning again my issue isn’t solely based on mode releases but the companies support for their product in general.

X-wing has been releasing every 6 months or so. I don’t see how Legion being on an even faster timetable lends any credence to the idea that FFG is doing some wrong. 

47 minutes ago, Derrault said:

X-wing has been releasing every 6 months or so. I don’t see how Legion being on an even faster timetable lends any credence to the idea that FFG is doing some wrong. 

The game also has a large established pool to play in?  Come on guy

1 minute ago, Derrault said:

Yes, in spite of having a longer release schedule. That was the whole point. 

Yes, over the course of years and years it doesn't matter if you have a slow release schedule or not, you will eventually hit the a point where the game should be on release.  Point?

Mine is the release should have included multiple options for the different entries in the army lists.  And not "see how many different ways your Storm Troopers can shoot Rebel troopers while you wait for "on the boat" to change.

1 hour ago, Darkfine said:

Yes, over the course of years and years it doesn't matter if you have a slow release schedule or not, you will eventually hit the a point where the game should be on release.  Point?

Mine is the release should have included multiple options for the different entries in the army lists.  And not "see how many different ways your Storm Troopers can shoot Rebel troopers while you wait for "on the boat" to change.

i kind of agree, you should at least had 1 unit for each choice in the army diagram, so that there aren't only 2 versions of 800 points for each faction. I really didn't think i wanted 3 AT-RT's because they didn't appeal to me, but then what the **** can i put to get to 800 points, i'm not going to use 2 Air Speeders

18 hours ago, Darth evil said:

i kind of agree, you should at least had 1 unit for each choice in the army diagram, so that there aren't only 2 versions of 800 points for each faction. I really didn't think i wanted 3 AT-RT's because they didn't appeal to me, but then what the **** can i put to get to 800 points, i'm not going to use 2 Air Speeders

It’s already easy to breach 800 points for both factions in several load outs (what you put on characters is impactful here)

6 hours ago, Derrault said:

It’s already easy to breach 800 points for both factions in several load outs (what you put on characters is impactful here)

It's true, not too difficult to hit 800 points for either faction and there are a few different iterations to do both armies. What I've added isnt too crazy or "competitive" but from the core set I've just done an additional stormtrooper and AT-ST unit to get 800 pts of Imperials and then a rebel trooper, AT-RT, and Airspeeder for 800 pts of Rebels. Similar prices to get to 800 for both too. Im planning on just getting one of each expansion from here on until I've played enough games and felt the units out to where I feel I need more of a certain one (other than corps, snow troopers look like a lot of fun, might have to get two ;) ).

While I understand that with something so new, we wouldn't get totally fleshed out armies to begin with- I'm definitely in the group that wishes we had gotten one of each unit type at launch before more expansions came out. If they had done that, people would have been happier with some early game diversity with infantry and FFG probably could have delayed the Veers/Snowtroopers and Leia/Fleet trooper waves out a bit until they could release together, or whatever the original plan was. It's kind of annoying that we will have a second commander and corps units for both factions, (maybe 3 commanders if Han comes before commandos) before we get a special forces unit for either. Having a SF at launch wouldn't have mattered anyway since they're a different type of unit- still need 3 corps in your 800 pt army... 

Just because stuff doesn't come out as fast as I want doesn't mean FFG has dropped the ball.  With a tabletop minis game it takes a long time to ramp up a new game to the point where there's a rich level of variety.  X-Wing was the same way when it came out, it didn't always have a huge number of ships and cards like it does today.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:33 AM, Drasnighta said:

Not a reprint, but a re-release in a new pack, right?

do we have confirmation of actual REPRINTS of old packs have corrected wording?

Yes, we have, M3A Titles in X-Wing got updated as well. Thing is, reprints in games which are not X-Wing take quite some time. :-)