Vontoothskie

poll: how long have you been playing?

Been playing for 3 years. Like most people on here I've spend a lot :) I have at least one of every ship.

I'm not a huge fan of the meta right now but I've not liked it for periods in the past as well. I don't like when fat turrets are too prevalent. I typically retreat from the competitive scene when the meta isn't something I enjoy and play more causal stuff like HotAC.

Since about the Ghost release or so.

My collection is pretty big: I've got everything, except the C-ROC and Tantive, many with a few too many copies (I literally just bought my 7th TIE/FO hours ago).

I'd say I'm 90% happy.  I'd like a little faster balance updates, but I've been spoiled by the incredibly rapid updates in hero balance in Heroes Of The Storm.  I also keep intending to get into the multi-Podcaster Objective format, but haven't gotten around to it.

For 16 months. I'm fairly to quite happy. By necessity, I'm strictly a casual player at present, so meta considerations don't affect me. I'm very happy that older, casual-favourite ships are continually being buffed. I am aware of and concerned by some of the power-level complaints going around, but they don't affect me much because of the tastes of my fellow players.

I haven't spent very much on the game, less than $200.00.

Been into the game from the start. But i was not able to play much since none of my friends was into the game and the next game store to play it was across town. After wave 9 i sold nearly everything. 

Only kept the original starter, an x-wing expansion, the tantive 4, the transport, the gozanti and the raider. 

If i can manage to make a squad of Luke, Wedge and Biggs half way competitive with the new cards i might pick some of those up and take them out for a spin once more. 

Been playing since wave three.  Only competitive in the last 2 years.  Power creep and combo wombo interactions has ruined a lot of the basic elegance that I loved and rendered 2/3 of my collection useless.  I think design elements added as of late have been very negative for the game overall.  I don't know if it was just sloppy development and testing, or a deliberate intent in pushing power creep to sell new stuff, but there are many interactions and combos that are just "not fun".   

Since launch, the game has had it's ups and downs. But most people see the past with nostalgia. People forgot about the tables of tie swarms, and only them, games going to time due to it. The days of phat han and his three amigo-z. The massive bid dual phantoms. Etc, etc. There will always be card combos in the game people find NPE. Admittedly I wish some things did get fixed, and I believe TLT is the biggest culprit now. Outside of that I am happy with the game as it stands and await the new wave.

Started playing days before the official release using the store demo copy.

I have not been happy with tournament play since Wave 5. I still enjoy causal games, EXCEPT when playing people that ALWAYS fly competitive tournament lists. It seems over half of the upgrade cards are worthless or unbalanced. I have tried various homebrew fixes to the game with medium bases being one of my favorites. Due to moving, I have witnessed various leagues and I am enjoying my current local league the most.

I have spent a decent amount on the game ($3400+, not counting tournament and league fees). Since Wave 9, I find myself buying less ships as my enjoyment of the game has diminished. And perceived money grab moves like the TIE Silencer (and soon the TIE Reaper)...

Edited by Kilrex

Since wave 3 (whenever that was) because of B-Wings. Long enough to recall the "Good ol days" of TIE swarms v B-Wings, which was pretty crap even though people will religiously look back on it with the rosiest of glasses. I recall the Phantom or go home era, which was far worse.

My general assessment is that the game is fine. Its problems now are no worse than they've been in the past. You have more options and more meaningful options than you've ever had even with the number of mostly dead ships or upgrades.

If I can win games and even make it the top table of a Regionals with ships I like to fly (T-70s), I'm pretty happy.

I've been playing since about.....December 2015 and have been having a blast ever since. I (sadly) don't have an active X-Wing group in my area to really judge the meta for myself  but I'm pretty much ok with how the game is at the moment.

I have been playing since wave 1, competitively since wave 5.

I started working out the mathematical first principles for the game sometime around wave 2.

I'm done with competitive play for a while, partially due to balance (a long discussion), and partially due to the scoring mechanisms at time. 60 minute rounds at the LGS are frequently not fun games due to both of the above. I am still playing the occasional vassal game online, but mostly am working on X-wing Community Mod.

I have a spreadsheet of all my X-wing ship purchases (naturally) and the MSRP is >4k. I cut my own foam and put all the ships in a few PACK 720s. Cardboard, dials, cards, bombs, all go in binders. Other stuff goes into Planos. It all takes up quite a bit of space even well organized.

Been collecting since wave 1, didn't start playing until wave 3 or 4? I think I've been playing over three years, maybe four now.

I only get to play generally once every other week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. Never played a tourney, not really interested.

I don't like flying or flying against high-meta; I like fun lists that do fun things.

Entered while waiting for the wave 2 to restock.

Not a big fan of where the game is.  Too many nerfs.  Too much whining about this and that.  Game is also growing too complex.

Have spent too much but basically haven't bought much since the online price hikes took effect.  Would like to add the more recent ships to my collection but waiting to find them on sale  that is unlikely to ever come again.

Playing for about a year now. 

I think the mechanics are really neat, the interaction between players is great and the time needed for the typical 100/6 match is just nice. 

So to conclude, I love this game. 

Started playing in mid-2014, but really picked up the game 1 1/2 years ago. I'm a collector, so I have everything Empire at least once, though usually more, putting me at just about 500 € expense. Given the amount of stuff I have, how great it looks and the timespan over which I collected, I'm very happy about the price point first and foremost. 

As a mostly casual player, I am very happy with the game. Our group doesn't homebrew, but it doesn't netlist either, and we continue trying out new stuff and screwing aroung with just about everything. I like to tinker and fluff-up my lists, and from this perspective I'm loving it, even (maybe especially) with the lesser known craft flying around.

Competitively, I have some rather common gripes and worries. I am apparently far less concerned with most of these then some here, but I believe ignoring them is just about the worst you could do. Yet I have to conclude that comparatively, we are still in a shockingly good spot for a miniature wargame balance-wise, especially concerning cross-faction balance. I will keep a sharp eye out for coming changes and wish for FFG to adress what issues are there.

After all, X-Wing is still remarkably fun.