Chyrson

Question reguarding linked quality

14 hours ago, Chyrson said:

if a weapon has linked 4 do you hit 4 extra times when you spend the two advantage or must you spend 2 advantage for each extra hit?

It's two advantage (or Triumph) per activation.

So with your example of a Linked 4 weapon, you'd need either 8 advantage or 4 Triumphs (or some combination of the two) in order to get all four extra hits.  At which point, I feel sorry for whoever's on the receiving end of that many hits.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:06 PM, Donovan Morningfire said:

It's two advantage (or Triumph) per activation.

So with your example of a Linked 4 weapon, you'd need either 8 advantage or 4 Triumphs (or some combination of the two) in order to get all four extra hits.  At which point, I feel sorry for whoever's on the receiving end of that many hits.

One small point - Linked 4 will only give you 3 additional hits (4 total) for 6 advantages (or 3 Triumphs, or a combination of the two).

27 minutes ago, Dafydd said:

One small point - Linked 4 will only give you 3 additional hits (4 total) for 6 advantages (or 3 Triumphs, or a combination of the two).

Re-read how Linked operates.

You can score one extra hit per rank of Linked, up to the value of the Linked quality.

Otherwise, if it worked as you said, Linked 1 would be worthless.

I think it's an issue how they wrote it.... a linked 4 in game term (extra hit) represent 5 cannons but we know the vehicle equipped with those has 4 cannons....should have been written linked 3

Unless they intended that Linked 1 shouldn't exist and start with a "Linked 2" meaning there are 2 weapons linked together... therefor the extra hit should be Linked # minus 1...

Anyway, in actual gameplay, it is almost impossible to activate 4 extra hit.....so it may not matter that much....

Had the same discussion earlier in a post I've made...

Edited by Mefyrx

2 hours ago, Mefyrx said:

I think it's an issue how they wrote it.... a linked 4 in game term (extra hit) represent 5 cannons but we know the vehicle equipped with those has 4 cannons....should have been written linked 3

Unless they intended that Linked 1 shouldn't exist and start with a "Linked 2" meaning there are 2 weapons linked together... therefor the extra hit should be Linked # minus 1...

Anyway, in actual gameplay, it is almost impossible to activate 4 extra hit.....so it may not matter that much....

Had the same discussion earlier in a post I've made...

Well, no actually, it is possible, but sometimes it's better to activate a crit. Since for example a crit automatically takes out one minion out of a group, it's sometimes more effective than activating linked multiple times. If you're trying to whittle down a big ship with Massive though, than linked is your friend. (And always easier as well, due to silhouette difference)

16 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Re-read how Linked operates.

You can score one extra hit per rank of Linked, up to the value of the Linked quality.

Otherwise, if it worked as you said, Linked 1 would be worthless.

You're right, I'm having a brain fart. I saw the 4, thought "4 guns" and went for 3 extra hits.

Is there anything out there that has Linked 4? The highest Linked I can think of is 3, on things like the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor.

8 hours ago, Dafydd said:

Is there anything out there that has Linked 4? The highest Linked I can think of is 3, on things like the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor.

None that I know of.  For single weapons, the biggest is the Quad Laser Cannon at Linked 3 in and of itself, as well as ships like the X-Wing and TIE Interceptor.

In terms of practicality however, going over Linked 3 simply isn't, for the simple reason of being able to reliably generate enough advantage/triumphs to get all those activations is a very difficult prospect.  That and in terms of practicality where starfighters are concerned, Linked 1 is enough to do the job of taking out the beefier snubfighters in one go.