Animewarsdude

C-3PO, Commander?

Okay, partially a joke but it could work for a 'Ewok' Release with a Core Ewok unit alongside their Ewok Deity 3PO having command cards that really only buff the teddy bear army. Just imagine running a horse of Ewoks with pointy sticks into your opponent's forces while a Speed 1 3PO waddles behind them. Gives people the chance to repaint him to 0-0-0 from the Darth Vader comics if they want a more evil looking one to play this out. Though, it would be nice if they included an upgrade that added 3PO to a Rebel commander, sort of like a Heavy Unit Upgrade but just helps buff the Commander's health or the like. 

Having him as a unit upgrade would be the best way to do it. Perhaps he would operate as a range 2 command bubble that treats him as a commander for determining command range and no other purposes.

Artoo would probably work better as a support character. Probably with a slew of possible upgrades to cover all of the things he's been shown to have. His main thing would be repairing vehicles and having a few closer range attacks (Melee: Shock Prod, Ranged: Flamethrower).

Perhaps a Repair 2 ability (Restore two of the following as an action, restore 1 wound to a droid or vehicle, or remove one damage condition)...I'd put him at speed 2 as well since he isn't really that slow unless it's in water or lots of obstacles, and having his jets as an upgrade that either gives expert climber or speeder 1.

Well FFG did completely side step the ewoks and choose not the finish the original trilogy in Imperial Assault. Now we may eventually see ewoks, but only because they ran out of things to do.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Shadows of the Future said:

Having him as a unit upgrade would be the best way to do it. Perhaps he would operate as a range 2 command bubble that treats him as a commander for determining command range and no other purposes.

Artoo would probably work better as a support character. Probably with a slew of possible upgrades to cover all of the things he's been shown to have. His main thing would be repairing vehicles and having a few closer range attacks (Melee: Shock Prod, Ranged: Flamethrower).

Perhaps a Repair 2 ability (Restore two of the following as an action, restore 1 wound to a droid or vehicle, or remove one damage condition)...I'd put him at speed 2 as well since he isn't really that slow unless it's in water or lots of obstacles, and having his jets as an upgrade that either gives expert climber or speeder 1.

Oh I'd love R2 in the game, especially if they added other Astromechs too *cough* R4 and R5 *cough* Maybe if they make Pilots it can be an additional or Heavy unit upgrade for them? The generic Astromechs I mean.

Edited by Animewarsdude

C-3PO as a commander? Ewoks? I hope not. I know the lovely droid couple are emblematic but unless they find a reasonable way to put them in the middle of a battle I even prefer not to see them come to the game.

3 hours ago, Andreu said:

C-3PO as a commander? Ewoks? I hope not. I know the lovely droid couple are emblematic but unless they find a reasonable way to put them in the middle of a battle I even prefer not to see them come to the game.

That's why my suggestion was to have him more of a support with an ability that makes him a pseudo-commander. The ability is more of a relay/translate orders thing where he'd get a radius around him where you can treat the area as in the command radius.

18 hours ago, Andreu said:

I would love to see the "Dynamic Duo" of Star Wars in this game but I figured they should have been added as an objective piece in the Priority Supplies expansion.

Have them both as a single Objective that rewards a card labeled "Our New Master Now" and the faction that holds them for "X" number of rounds get a support boost.

You should be able to tell by my tag that I am extremely biased to C-3PO and have always just found his character enjoyable. I don't think if things went the way George Lucas had intended for Threepio he would have been as beloved. He was originally to come off like a used car salesman/con man type as opposed to the pessimistic worry wart, and, George Lucas had intended for someone else to voice him. Thanks for the re-envisioning of his character and that the sound people convinced Lucas that Anthony Daniels did a better job capturing C-3PO's persona then anyone else.

I actually really like the idea of various droid units or commanders. K-3P0 was the one who came to mind after goldenrod, since he was decorated at Hoth and an actual commander.