WillisRBC

Terrinoth PDF

I know I was REALLY grumpy about a plethora of things when this book was first announced...

But...

Oh now that it's an actual product I could buy...

And one I could possibly get at half price as a digital....... (like I ever buy things other than physical books...)

Tell me how this book is, and possibly what seasoning is best for a plateful of eating crow.  I'm really starting to feel my resolve waiver.  Judgement says I should save up for the eventual Netrunner book (and ever single splatbook that comes with it), but the temptation is starting to grow.

That was entirely unexpected. 

Now I'm seriously torn.  I ordered the physical copy from my FLGS solely because I figured I'd be waiting two more weeks to read it otherwise.  I really don't want to spend the $50 for a hardcopy I'll never use, but cancelling is a crappy thing to do to the store this late.  Ugh.

50 minutes ago, Dragonshadow said:

That was entirely unexpected. 

Now I'm seriously torn.  I ordered the physical copy from my FLGS solely because I figured I'd be waiting two more weeks to read it otherwise.  I really don't want to spend the $50 for a hardcopy I'll never use, but cancelling is a crappy thing to do to the store this late.  Ugh.

The real answer here is get both :P

Oh man, there's a lot of good stuff here. A lot of interesting talents, including some revivals of a few classic ones, and a fix to the OP Pressure Point talent from Star Wars adflbhvh;uifwqeiubadvflibvi;la. Some of the old lightsaber talents got tweaks and carried over, which is neat. Not as many magic talents as I was hoping, but I still have to digest them better.

Weapons: craftsmanship and materials are nice touches. Kind of pseudo-attachments that determine the origins of the items, without making gear glut.

Crafting seems to have improved a bit? It's less like the checklist min/max system Star Wars uses and more about replicating existing gear, with a varying difficulties and not set difficulties.

Magic section is slimmer than I was hoping, not any new results and effects aside from Runes, at least that I can see. 

1 hour ago, TCArknight said:

Purchased, but every time I try to download it, I get a corrupt file (at least on my iPad, I’ll have to try again from home later...) :(

try to download more than one file at once (just add an extra file of anything else you have. ). ( I found drive thru RPG does that on mobile for some reason for one file) 

Edited by adairhammer

I like this book but wow did they skimp out on adding more to the actual Magic rules. Two new skills but no new Magic skill uses... But a lot of fluff for things like Elven magic, Spirits of Power, Verse, Spiritspeaking, Wealdcallers...

I want this stuff expanded on in its own magic Terrinoth sourcebook. 

8 hours ago, Stacie_GmrGrl said:

I like this book but wow did they skimp out on adding more to the actual Magic rules. Two new skills but no new Magic skill uses... But a lot of fluff for things like Elven magic, Spirits of Power, Verse, Spiritspeaking, Wealdcallers...

I want this stuff expanded on in its own magic Terrinoth sourcebook. 

Don't forget the magic implements, magic implement materials, and runebound shards. Those modify magic quite a bit by emphasizing material anchors.

Edited by SavageBob