Sign in to follow this  
stuffedskullcat

X-wing is not a delicious plate of buttered scallops despite what my cats say.

Just now, Smutpedler said:

I’m scared and confused by this thread.

Embrace it. Coagulate with it. Melt INTO the butteriness. FEEL the scallops slather into a briny, seafood-y pleasure-dome of joy. Everything is one. Fear is the Universe's way of saying "dive headlong into the fray".

2 minutes ago, stuffedskullcat said:

Embrace it. Coagulate with it. Melt INTO the butteriness. FEEL the scallops slather into a briny, seafood-y pleasure-dome of joy. Everything is one. Fear is the Universe's way of saying "dive headlong into the fray".

You have no idea how much this made me want a seafood pizza...

So, when I was living in Denmark, I used to make a shrimp-bacon pasta salad for breakfast.

So what you do, is fry up some bacon, toss in the shrimp to cook them in the bacon fat for a while, a bit of garlic for flavor, then pour heavy cream over them. Add herbs to your liking, and cook for a few minutes, just for the flavours to cook together. Then remove from heat and set aside to cool. 

Then, you start cooking pasta, I chose seashell shaped ones, because they have these cavities the creamy bacon-y sauce will fill up nicely. 

While your pasta is cooking, chop your vegetables. I chose spring onions, leeks, red onions, and bell peppers (mostly for color). 

Once your pasta is cooked, I prefer a bit tougher than al-dente, because it will soak up a lot of moisture, and soften up in the process. But you can overcook it as well, that has it's charm... an oversalted overcooked pasta salad when you have a hangover is JUST the thing you need, anyway. I got sidetracked. So once your pasta is cooked, you strain it, and rinse it with cold water. 

Then your assembly starts.

Mix everything together, add sour cream and mayo to taste(some proper mayo please, this is going into your mouth). Chives for internet points. 

Toss it in the fridge overnight (but at least 4 hours).

You heard it right. 

That combo is Seafood, Bacon and Breakfast at once. 

The most broken thing ever released.

It decimates everything else.

There is no counter.

There is no escape.

There is only Bacon-Shrimp Pasta Salad. 

OBEY!

Guys I found two scallop recipes and there's lots of disagreement over which is best.

Light side up Scallops

There is no scallop without garlic

Through chilli I gain spice

Through olive oil I gain fried edges

Through lime I gain kick

Through chopped parlse I gain a fresh finish

There is only the Sauce.

DARK Soy Scallops

Lime is a lie there is only Soy

Through Soy I add pepper flakes,

Through these I add black pepper,

Through pepper I add sesame oil,

Through oil I add balsamic vinegar

Through this my taste buds are broken.

So which recipient sounds best?

Can we slow this down for a moment to remember that Scallops are just the new meta, and just last year people were crying that Snow Crab was OP for direct drawn butter delivery and a NEE (negative eating experience) because you had to crack them open? This is clearly Crustacean Creep, and needs to be addressed in a FAQ (**** Another Quandary).

Scallops are fine.  It's scallops combined with bacon that's so OP.  It pushes a lot of other seafood out of competitiveness.  Ruins diversity.   We need an errata making bacon unique, so you can't have more than one.  Then if you focus down the one scallop with bacon, it possible you can compete with the rest of the plate