Boba Rick

Outlaw Tech

It's a very little used crew, but it seems pretty handy.  This is a definitely situational upgrade, but when doing a K-Turn you are extremely vulnerable and having that focus really helps a lot.  So when considering this upgrade you have to weigh the amount that the benefit gives you, because you are not going to use it a lot during the game.

Another good use is combined with Deadeye.

Thoughts?  Anyone found this to be good for them or is it just better to use something else?

38 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

f10.jpg

soon as we get something better than the YV-666, you're going to see SoT with Outlaw Tech + Dengar + Int Agent without fail

you don't even need Int Agent if you get a high enough PS and two crew

I was gonna say "That's why probably Scum won't get another 3 crew ship" 

But then I realized... It's Scum. They get everything. 

I thought rebels got everything?

Havnt heard a peep about scum since nym and scouts took their lumps 

Still, you won't need 3 crew to make SoT and outlaw work. Just need to be able to fit Dengar in there for full mods 

We're due for an actual jabba caddie anyway, and we all know the yt-1300 has two crew slots...

Edited by ficklegreendice

Please don't hate me for posting this list. This will be our little secret, ok? (I'll let you figure out the tactics to this one. Fun to discover yourself)

You Boats!

Dengar (33)
Stay On Target (2)
Outlaw Tech (2)

Tel Trevura (30)
Stay On Target (2)
Outlaw Tech (2)

Contracted Scout (25)
Stay On Target (2)
Outlaw Tech (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by Cloaker

I had a friend who liked to run it on a Quadjumper with Pattern Analyzer.  Pull a red, do an action, and get a focus on top of that.

Seems like it could also be good with Contraband Cybernetics. Pulling double-reds and still getting focus is nice.

I keep meaning to play a Stay On Target/Outlaw Tech 4-LOM, since he's got a tool for getting rid of the stress, but I never get around to flying it.  Advanced Sensors for Evades or Misthunter title Barrel Rolls would be nice, or Fire Control System for reroll modification.

Before the Mindlink nerf down to two ships per squad, I ran Linked 4-LOM with Outlaw and Electronic baffle along side Mindlinked Cobra and Kavil.  I could do a red and feed a focus to the whole squad, then decide if I wanted to keep the stress to troll an enemy later, or baffle the stress to do an action.  Then the rest of the squad would do green moves to clear their stress.

Went 13-3 and won a 7 person kit tourney with it.

Edited by pickirk01

I've been running Boba Fett with Fearlessness, EU, Sims, Outlaw Tech and Tractor Beam Cannon if needed in a pinch.  Outlaw Tech only gets used once or twice a game, but it helps to keep Boba more aggressive I've noticed.

Wingman is Asajj with VI, Dengar, 2 Stims, Title, Countermeasures.  I run Dengar on her and take an Evade most turns, I count on hitting what I'm shooting at with Asajj to TB them.

4 hours ago, klinger said:

Moralo Eval - HLC, Outlaw Tech, Maul, Dengar

As long as you keep hitting you can sit in one spot forever!

I’ve thought about running this same build for fun. Does it actually work? Or do your opponents see it coming and flank the snot out of you??

41 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I’ve thought about running this same build for fun. Does it actually work? Or do your opponents see it coming and flank the snot out of you??

Can throw on a Burnout SLAM for 1 point to help get re-situated.  Sounds like a pretty fascinating build!

23 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Ive only flown it a few times and only with Timewalk Asajj.  Hits like a truck pretty consistently especially when Asajj hits first.  My losses have come from keeping Asajj too far away for Lone Wolf and Eval only lasts a turn or two under focused fire. 

22 hours ago, RampancyTW said:

Can throw on a Burnout SLAM for 1 point to help get re-situated.  Sounds like a pretty fascinating build!

I want to try the same thing just need to see where to shave points.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:24 PM, The Inquisitor said:

I like it a lot on the G1A with FCS. Not only is it good for the K-turn but there's a lot of red on that dial. You can even bump and still have focus/TL. G1A is not a great chassis but it is a nice little crew.

Nice; my favorite is to Advance Sensors a TL or barrel roll (with title), then K-turn or 1-sharp with a focus. Got it into my dumb brain to try three Gand Findsman, but fortunately both FLGS I tried today didn't have any.

Outlaw tech, (and nowadays Contraband Cybernetics) are what make G1-A's a helluva lot more competitive than B-Wings. I don't think there's a better crew for the ship. 

We Are Not B-Wings.

Gand Findsman (25)
Crack Shot (1)
Outlaw Tech (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

4-LOM (27)
Stay On Target (2)
Outlaw Tech (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Contraband Cybernetics (1)

Zuckuss (28)