Galahax

Looks like Veers arriving separately...

GW has indeed gotten better than before. Didnt say how much though, and literally anything is better than they used to be.

Now they actually SAY SOMETHING rather than rely on leaks for people to gauge if they should buy it or not. They used to not say a single thing about costs/strengths/weaknesses/new rules, you had to buy the codex/rulebook to find those out or wait until someone else did and posted them.

The Spanish FFG site now lists the Snowtroopers as arriving May 11th (which would be Thursday the 10th in the US.) We probably won't ever know the official reason for the delay, but 2 weeks is not that bad.

27 minutes ago, ShadowKite said:

The Spanish FFG site now lists the Snowtroopers as arriving May 11th (which would be Thursday the 10th in the US.) We probably won't ever know the official reason for the delay, but 2 weeks is not that bad.

Assuming this as correct (it's certainly plausible), we'd get confirmation next week, on Thursday (two weeks ahead of release); or in other words, same day Veers comes out, which isn't too bad at all, no.

But the question now is how timely Leia and the flotas are gonna be. :ph34r:

It’s rough.  I’m experiencing this with X-Wing for the first time.  I got into the game at Christmas and finding product has been easy (although not always what I wanted - I’m looking at you Y-wing). But now I’m waiting for wave 14 with no specific date.

Here’s the thing. Now matter how much these games are growing in popularity it’s still a niche market.  They are keeping their costs low and they can’t keep a lot of stock sitting around.  So they make limited runs and try to gauge demand.  These limited runs are being made at factories in China (or somewhere) that are handling other business.  They have delays and sometimes things happen.  FFG can’t just run an overtime shift and get things back on track. And the factory might move in to someone else’s order before working FFG’s back in.  Hence delays happen and dates are unpredictable.

Staying in business isn’t easy and they have to make these choices.  I’m sure they want to deliver products to us in as timely a way as possible.  They don’t want people getting tired and bored and deciding to go play Age of Sigmar instead.  But these products aren’t like iPads (with a high margin) or paper plates (a low margin but everyone in the world buys them).  They can’t just build a Snowtrooper plant and start churning out a million a day.

Waiting sucks, but frankly I don’t think I will have finished painting my full 800 point army before Han Solo releases...

Edited by BigBadAndy

On 4/19/2018 at 8:05 AM, Admiral Deathrain said:

That is actually not true, GW planned to keep BB English only, but sales figures and constant campaigning on Facebook and a large blood bowl forum (where one of their now employees is active) changed their mind and the Almanac was conceived as a way to both localise the rules (that was one of their major advertisement points) and consolidate them, another desire expressed in the community.

Whenever you asked the community team about DZ2 localisation they answered first 'we'll see about that' and then 'we are considering it' rather than saying it wouldn't happen. So GW did actually listen to the community in this case, meaning they very much changed from not touching it with a 10 inch pole! I'm not a massive GW fan, but I'll give credit where credit is due, as I was one of the people campaigning for localised rules.

The Core game as well as Deathzone 1 came localized, Deathzone 2 did not while the Almanach (containing Deathzone 2 ) did again.

Therefore, I‘m sorry, you are the one‘s who’s not correct! As they already started with different languages there was no point in keeping it all English from the beginning ... which would in fact have been ok for me. However, when you start releasing in several languages you have to stick with it and not stop in between and give false information to your customers!

On 4/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, Vineheart01 said:

i'd rather have long-time-in-advance announcements than last minute ones.

Its easy to buy into something only to have a release you didnt know about either invalidating it or be better for personal reasons. GW was really bad at this for such a long time, they wouldnt say a dang thing then suddenly BOOM new codex and models, right after i just bought a bunch...

****, WotC was excellent about letting people know when their next releases were when they had the minis game. You had about 3 months when you knew the date and for the last month they had previews popping up on the site combined with pretty massive on the ground support for launch events and organized play.

On 2018-04-17 at 5:09 PM, Mep said:

Veers has a two speed movement, snowtroopers have a one speed movement. Mystery solved!

Actually the snow troopers come suppressed (no panicked!).  So that explains their speed or lack thereof.  

8 hours ago, Rentner65 said:

The Core game as well as Deathzone 1 came localized, Deathzone 2 did not while the Almanach (containing Deathzone 2 ) did again.

Therefore, I‘m sorry, you are the one‘s who’s not correct! As they already started with different languages there was no point in keeping it all English from the beginning ... which would in fact have been ok for me. However, when you start releasing in several languages you have to stick with it and not stop in between and give false information to your customers!

Okay, I didn't make the situation clear I think. GW intended to downsize BB after the initial releases significantly, no longer offering localisation or plastic teams, shifting production entirely from Citadel to Forge World. They communicated this clearly through their official channels on Facebook and their own Warhammer Community site, as well as staff members in established communities. The descision to keep BB larger (also the reason why there hasn't been a release in half a year) was made after the printing run of DZ2, influenced by larger than expected sales volumes and communicated as a change of plans, again through multiple channels.

This behaviour is the opposite of old GW. Instead of sticking with their initial bad plan, they actively listened to the community and even talked to us. I get that buying something that you didn't exactly want under the impression that it was the only option only to have it obsoleted later on by a better product, but you could have informed yourself. I held off on DZ2 knowing that I'd rather have it in my native language and kept asking for it on Facebook and TFF, and only 2 weeks after the release (maybe even after the pre-order announcement, not quite sure), I knew that something was coming, so I instead waited.

38 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

Okay, I didn't make the situation clear I think. GW intended to downsize BB after the initial releases significantly, no longer offering localisation or plastic teams, shifting production entirely from Citadel to Forge World. They communicated this clearly through their official channels on Facebook and their own Warhammer Community site, as well as staff members in established communities. The descision to keep BB larger (also the reason why there hasn't been a release in half a year) was made after the printing run of DZ2, influenced by larger than expected sales volumes and communicated as a change of plans, again through multiple channels.

This behaviour is the opposite of old GW. Instead of sticking with their initial bad plan, they actively listened to the community and even talked to us. I get that buying something that you didn't exactly want under the impression that it was the only option only to have it obsoleted later on by a better product, but you could have informed yourself. I held off on DZ2 knowing that I'd rather have it in my native language and kept asking for it on Facebook and TFF, and only 2 weeks after the release (maybe even after the pre-order announcement, not quite sure), I knew that something was coming, so I instead waited.

Well I don‘t have the time to dig through every last post on every website or forum to get hints that something is coming. That‘s why I was asking GW directly (in the store) and got the answer that there are „no Plans“ localizing it. 

To me, this „new GW“ is not any different than the „evil old GW“. 

But i‘m Ok with stopping the conversation about them as this thread is about Veers/Release date. If you are happy with them  that‘s great (honestly). 

53 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

@Rentner65 mh yeah, asking your local store often isn't reliable for example I probably know better than my LGS when Veers and the Snowtroopers are coming :D

Hehe. Here I can certainly agree!  I had heard about the 26-Apr before my store :)... however they also told me that the snowtroopers will be coming 03-May together with at least one (maybe both) Rebel Expansion(s)!

Edited by Rentner65

22 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

****, WotC was excellent about letting people know when their next releases were when they had the minis game. You had about 3 months when you knew the date and for the last month they had previews popping up on the site combined with pretty massive on the ground support for launch events and organized play.

True, although Hasbro has a lot more infrastructure and clout with their supply lines, which probably helps WotC keep schedule better.

I mean, Asmodee aren't exactly small potatoes you know, if FFG were genuinely being jerked around by a supplier/contracted manufacturer, they have a big stick to wield as well if they choose.