Galahax

Looks like Veers arriving separately...

Got an email this morning saying my Pre-order is "In process" and will be given tracking/shipping info soon, a different email from what I received on the 12th. Upon closer inspection, only Veers is on this order. The 2 snowtroopers I ordered at the same time are still pending.

Then looking at the Upcoming items, Snowies are still "On the Boat".

Guess they aren't being released exactly at the same time after all. <_<

**Edit**

Looked DEEPER into this, found my email that I made my original order for the 3 items was on March 29. I go to my order history on FFG webpage, now my snowies are a completely new order that was made on April 11th, and the order number is the same with a "S1" suffix attached to the end.

Something screwy is going on....

Edited by Galahax

26 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

I have Veers/Leia/Fleet Troopers on 1 order and it says they wait for all to come into stock before delivering where I ordered from.

Are those releasing different dates?

Yeah, you're gonna be waiting a while before you get any of that. Veers will release first, the rebel stuff a month+ later.

Please be meeting FFG logistics team, Pedro:

mbcnxlf7iwiwoo0slew9.jpg

Pedro has managed to actually swim the entire shipment for Wave 3 of Armada to the US, having traveled at an average speed of 8km per day he went truly above and beyond. After this effort FFG gave Pedro a break and gave Captain Feathersword a temporary promotion until Pedro recovered. Of course Captain Feathersword did manage to spend six months in a leaky boat, oh-woo-oh-oh. :D

Found this out tonight when I asked about my pre-order at my local store. They said Veers had a street date but the snowies didn't. Either A. The Spanish website is wrong, B. Someone forgot to update the NA page or C. FFG dropped the ball.  All of those are extremely possible. 

43 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

FFG do you ever learn

The solution is dead simple, rather than announcing every dang game months (L5R was Years) in advance, you wait until your distributors have the product or the ships are about a week from their destination. Then you say coming soon, on the 12th May 2018 you'll be able to go down to the store and buy Han Solo and the Rangers. Maybe for big games you can start hyping it when it gets to the boat or you have some control over the logistics. 

Instead we'll get told on the 18th May that they are making a large scale version of Ground Combat for the Star Wars Universe, due in Q2 of 2019.

My store got a street date from the distributor (and remember, they're the exclusive NA distributor anymore, so it's the only information being given out) for Veers last week, but not for the Snowtroopers, nor Leia. Seems pretty obvious that they're doing one release a month to spread them out and keep new products hitting the shelves to sustain interest longer term.

1 hour ago, DekoPuma said:

This is why FFG never gives actual release dates until they have the product in hand.

But why is the Spanish site give hard dates for release and say that Veers and Snowtroopers are coming out together?

33 minutes ago, AintNoPoser said:

But why is the Spanish site give hard dates for release and say that Veers and Snowtroopers are coming out together?

Different distributors. One or the other might be making had assumptions, and FFG might have made a late-game change to their plans based on shipping or customs problems, in the US, while the European distributor hasn't gotten the update yet, etc.

13 hours ago, Amanal said:

The solution is dead simple, rather than announcing every dang game months (L5R was Years) in advance, you wait until your distributors have the product or the ships are about a week from their destination. Then you say coming soon, on the 12th May 2018 you'll be able to go down to the store and buy Han Solo and the Rangers. Maybe for big games you can start hyping it when it gets to the boat or you have some control over the logistics. 

Instead we'll get told on the 18th May that they are making a large scale version of Ground Combat for the Star Wars Universe, due in Q2 of 2019.

Surely the calm, measured, and patient responses on the Imperial Assault board suggest that waiting to announce things until product is closer to being available is the way to go :P

Edited by KalEl814

i'd rather have long-time-in-advance announcements than last minute ones.

Its easy to buy into something only to have a release you didnt know about either invalidating it or be better for personal reasons. GW was really bad at this for such a long time, they wouldnt say a dang thing then suddenly BOOM new codex and models, right after i just bought a bunch...

I also think that knowing the schedule is important for knowing how much they need to actually order to meet demand, Destiny was massively underestimated and sold out quickly, which made people upset. If you announce with a long window but non-specific date, you have plenty of time to take pre-orders, roughly figure your demand, make sure you've got all your distributors lined up, build hype leading into it, etc. 

Hard dates are probably published by 3rd parties who either have like, some weird policy or obligation to give a hard date (Like Amazon saying "when" things will be available all the time). They're accurate until their not, but FFG didn't actually say those numbers directly, so it's not their fault. heck, it's not their fault anyway if it gets delayed, it has to come in a boat across a huge ocean. 

Edited by UnitOmega

Adopt this rule for FFG and you'll never be disappointed. Use the upcoming as a very rough guideline. When they change to shipping now is the only time you can (usually) trust they'll be in stores in 2-4 weeks. ;)

Anything else is just setting yourself up for disappointment. I've seen things sit on boat for months while others return to the printer and some bypass the boat and just appear in stores. 

10 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

i'd rather have long-time-in-advance announcements than last minute ones.

Its easy to buy into something only to have a release you didnt know about either invalidating it or be better for personal reasons. GW was really bad at this for such a long time, they wouldnt say a dang thing then suddenly BOOM new codex and models, right after i just bought a bunch...

They (GW) haven‘t changed... I Stopped playing all there games except Blood Bowl and there they released supplement rules books called Deathzone: Season X. While Deathzone Season 1 was available in several languages (and I bought a copy in my native language), Deathzone Season 2 only came in English and officials said they wouldn’t know if it ever would come in other languages. So I bought the English version (meaning that I then had 2 adding rulesets in different languages which is not really good - had I know before I would have bought everything in English). A few months later GW announces and publishes an Almanch book that has both Deathzone rules combined (+additional rules) and of course comes localized. That meant that GW officials lied about the localization to sell more books. ?

Because of that I‘m a fan of early product announcements. I’m also ok if there’s a delay. It‘s plastic toys not essential stuff.

39 minutes ago, Rentner65 said:

They (GW) haven‘t changed... I Stopped playing all there games except Blood Bowl and there they released supplement rules books called Deathzone: Season X. While Deathzone Season 1 was available in several languages (and I bought a copy in my native language), Deathzone Season 2 only came in English and officials said they wouldn’t know if it ever would come in other languages. So I bought the English version (meaning that I then had 2 adding rulesets in different languages which is not really good - had I know before I would have bought everything in English). A few months later GW announces and publishes an Almanch book that has both Deathzone rules combined (+additional rules) and of course comes localized. That meant that GW officials lied about the localization to sell more books. ?

That is actually not true, GW planned to keep BB English only, but sales figures and constant campaigning on Facebook and a large blood bowl forum (where one of their now employees is active) changed their mind and the Almanac was conceived as a way to both localise the rules (that was one of their major advertisement points) and consolidate them, another desire expressed in the community.

Whenever you asked the community team about DZ2 localisation they answered first 'we'll see about that' and then 'we are considering it' rather than saying it wouldn't happen. So GW did actually listen to the community in this case, meaning they very much changed from not touching it with a 10 inch pole! I'm not a massive GW fan, but I'll give credit where credit is due, as I was one of the people campaigning for localised rules.