Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

[Poll] Do you enjoy X-wing?

Yep enjoying all things, and seeing things like Saw's pack and Krennic coming out gives me hope that the designers see our complaints and imbalances and are working on them. Galactic Empire and X-Wings are about to get a huge boost.

Depending on the ships in the game... I can play a game of X-Wing where I tremendously enjoy myself. 

But there are times when I just get jaded by the sheer stupidity of some cards/ships. I try to play casual, because (regardless of the result of the match), certain games just ruin my mood big time. 

If I never saw Dengar again, even then it would be too soon. I know he has been nerfed, but some wounds never heal. 

In some cases this isn't even the question of power, more like design. 

I don't like the Lambda, because I don't think it is doing a fair job at representing that ship. I can imagine rebel players feeling the same about the HWK. 

I would gladly pay more points for ships, if they were better at representing what they are. 

Not enough choices. I enjoyed the CAC, I enjoyed regionals overall but much less, I'm going to worlds but not for X-Wing and I'm strangely OK about that. Not quite as simple as Yes/No on whether I enjoy tournament X-Wing.

Thanks for participating, everyone! The results are already really interesting.  Sorry if you don't think the poll questions are optimal! I was going for simplicity but may have overdone it. :rolleyes:

So far (5:30 EDT April 16), with 31 responses, it looks like a strong majority of people are answering that they like to play, generally. (That's good for the game!)

People are pretty close to even split on tournament games, but are very positive in regard to non-tournament formats.  Interesting!

People are also close to an even split on whether they like the game as it is now or as it was in the past, but most seem to think they will still be playing a year from now.

42 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

I enjoy HOTAC, and other Co-op stuff, but I don't play regular casual.  Is that X-wing?  Or is it an entirely different game that happens to se the same movement mechanics?

To me that stuff is 300 times more X-wing than 300 X-wings!

Ehhhh

Havnt been nearly as involved as I was during the golden age of wave 7. 

Currently my dice have been taking a long, slow, seemly dump on everything I've tried to do for two tournaments now. Really need to get back in touch with bombs, only to then run into turrets that can just fart off without giving a goddamn about your positioning

But am cautiously optimistic about a jank SolAsajj list I've come up with. Sol packs Debris gambit, EI bombs, AND accuracy corrector. It's really hard to find anything that is less reliant on dice, and I might actually stand up to more than two rounds of fire! (Knock on wood...)

Throw in the very consistent LW asajj and I'm fairly excited about the next tournament

But the salt is real and always just around the corner... 

Facebook status: it's complicated

But I'd be much less invested were it not for the fine folks I've met through this game

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

i enjoy custom games, and i love the models.

i do not enjoy "standard" 100/6 is broken garbage if you play without House rules. i do not enjoy alpha strikes and other NPE nonsense.

You had me until alpha strikes.  I love a good alpha strike (if it's mine).

5 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

Cool.  In that case, I enjoy X-wing.  But to be clear, only that X-wing.  Competitive X-wing is not my jam.

We need FFG to love that X-Wing more.

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

Interesting results after 85 @Babaganoosh

Oops.  I never actually took the poll!!

People coming to the forum here should be overwhelmingly answering "yes" on the first question (which is true, currently 95%) and the one "will you be playing in a year?" (which is also true, currently around 93%). Otherwise we'd have to admit that we waste a lot of time and money ;)
I know I do generally enjoy the game and really hope that I will still be playing in a year, but that has a large asterisk.

8 hours ago, Wiredin said:

"Do you enjoy it more now or before" question is tough... 

Do I enjoy it more now than 6 months ago? very much so yes. Nym meta can eat a big bag of ________

Do I enjoy it more now than I did a year ago? about the same.

Do I enjoy it more now than I did 18-24 months ago? no. 

I agree, this question needs a few more options. At the very least it needs an "I enjoy it about the same" option. 

18 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

Depending on the ships in the game... I can play a game of X-Wing where I tremendously enjoy myself. 

But there are times when I just get jaded by the sheer stupidity of some cards/ships. I try to play casual, because (regardless of the result of the match), certain games just ruin my mood big time. 

If I never saw Dengar again, even then it would be too soon. I know he has been nerfed, but some wounds never heal. 

In some cases this isn't even the question of power, more like design. 

I don't like the Lambda, because I don't think it is doing a fair job at representing that ship. I can imagine rebel players feeling the same about the HWK. 

I would gladly pay more points for ships, if they were better at representing what they are. 

I feel this way about the Resistance Bomber. It should carry a crew at a minimum since each ship at about 5 people in it in the movie but I understand why they didn’t include crew members for the game. 

I think the issues with X-Wing have more to do the players than the ships/cards. There are people who play only the strongest meta every time. They don’t care about variety or creative list design. Last Friday I tried to mix it up. I flew twin U-Wings for crying out loud. 

Edited by Pooleman