Jump to content
JackHL

Karflo thinsuit functionality

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SavageBob said:

I don't buy your GM's slippery slope argument, but c'est la vie. There's an armor attachment called the Thermal Shielding System that does the same thing as the thin suit, but it also helps with Resilience checks to resist heat, so it's a tad better. It's in all three core rulebooks.

You do need to have sealed armor for that attachment, which can be achieved with the Vacuum Sealed attachment.  So using up 2 hard points, which is pretty painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JackHL said:

Welp, sadly nothing to gain here.

I have used the ammo you beings kindly gave me.

But he is the GM and he insists, that the Thinsuit is non functioning if worn below any other layer of garnment.

Hi reasoning is, that it is a slippery slope to wearing multiple layors of armor.

I'll have to find something else.

Does anyone of you know of a piece of clothing like the thinsuit but without any armor (soak or absorbtion).

Ideal would be just that.

I'd i have found the thermal cloak, but it is just that, a cloak (or blanket).

Some kind of suit or "climatising" underwear.

 

My viewpoint is the GM should be working with the player to achieve a mutually acceptable solution here. I can obviously only go with the context that is being shared, but my opinion is the GM in question is not being reasonable in his/her ruling. If the player has a fair concept for an idea, my take is: "GM find a way to  make it work." This RPG system relies heavily on narrative and the GM to just make a judgement call sometimes. The rules are intentionally left fluid for that very reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSapient said:

You do need to have sealed armor for that attachment, which can be achieved with the Vacuum Sealed attachment.  So using up 2 hard points, which is pretty painful.

Good point. If the GM is going to be a stickler about the Thinsuit, maybe he or she will be more flexible and allow this attachment without the vacuum sealed part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSapient said:

You do need to have sealed armor for that attachment, which can be achieved with the Vacuum Sealed attachment.  So using up 2 hard points, which is pretty painful.

Check it again. The requirement is for armor that "can be" sealed, not "is sealed."

So you don't need to have a seal installed, just armor that can accept the sealed attachment. So full body laminate Armor can be cooled/heated, but not a simple flak jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2018 at 5:30 PM, Ghostofman said:

Check it again. The requirement is for armor that "can be" sealed, not "is sealed."

So you don't need to have a seal installed, just armor that can accept the sealed attachment. So full body laminate Armor can be cooled/heated, but not a simple flak jacket.

I know Oggdude's software want the attachement to have a sealed attachment before allowing the Thermal Shielding.  But I think I agree with you.

Edited by TheSapient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here we go again.

We talked, extensively.

he said he saw my passion behind my wantng to wear it.

and if i can find it anywhere, that stacking of armor (not the bonusses, but the layering of protective clothing ) is allowed, then he would let me wear it AND retain all the benefits (and since i almost always wear some kind of armor with soak 1+, the thinsuits soak wouldn't even apply.

But since it is mentioned, that the bonusses in multiple layers of cothing that would be active are to be chosen by the player (see errata exerpt below), i'd say, it is allowed, and isn't even restrictive !? Or do i get it wrong?

 

Screenshot_2018-04-21-21-33-04~01~01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, JackHL said:

here we go again.

We talked, extensively.

he said he saw my passion behind my wantng to wear it.

and if i can find it anywhere, that stacking of armor (not the bonusses, but the layering of protective clothing ) is allowed, then he would let me wear it AND retain all the benefits (and since i almost always wear some kind of armor with soak 1+, the thinsuits soak wouldn't even apply.

But since it is mentioned, that the bonusses in multiple layers of cothing that would be active are to be chosen by the player (see errata exerpt below), i'd say, it is allowed, and isn't even restrictive !? Or do i get it wrong?

 

Screenshot_2018-04-21-21-33-04~01~01.png

The errata covers soak, which seems to be the GM’s primary concern. Since the thinsuit doesn’t provide soak anyway, that shouldn’t be an issue to begin with. Also most armors don’t provide the benefits against heat, cold, and radiation that the Thinsuit provides (at least not without special attachments), so there is no stacking of those benefits to worry about either.  But as far as the game allowing it, yes, you can wear multiple layers, by RAW. It’s just that if those layers each have the same specific benefits, such as soak, you only take the best one, rather than stacking them. If the provide different benefits you do get both.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×