Sign in to follow this  
NoElf

Star Wars Co-Op, do you think we'll get it?

Just curious what people think about the Star Wars LCG being re-released in a co-op format? I personally would love it as due to work I now am out of the city and in country areas where apart from some magic players there is no competitive community for other games. Also as I get older competitive isn't something that interests me as much. 

I also have no interest in Star Wars Destiny. Whilst I've heard great things the reason I got out of Magic years ago was it seemed like the card version of heroin so I avoid the CCG model altogether. 

Some people have said that FFG already have Arkham Horror and LOTR. I have AH and admit it's great and I also love the LOTR setting but Star Wars is my main love. If they were to release a SW co-op I'd snap it up like hotcakes. 

Keen to see what other people's thoughts are. 

On 4/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, NoElf said:

I also have no interest in Star Wars Destiny. Whilst I've heard great things the reason I got out of Magic years ago was it seemed like the card version of heroin so I avoid the CCG model altogether. 

Some people have said that FFG already have Arkham Horror and LOTR. I have AH and admit it's great and I also love the LOTR setting but Star Wars is my main love. If they were to release a SW co-op I'd snap it up like hotcakes. 

Keen to see what other people's thoughts are. 

Agreed. I've played Destiny a few times. It's simplistic and quite boring. I prefer the LCG. I also love Arhkam Horror and LOTR LCG, A Star Wars game based on the same model would be a sure buy.

I want to see them develop the original Star Wars: The Card Game from GenCon 2010 (I think it was 2010). It was a co-op game that I thought looked very interesting, but the community wanted to be able to play Dark Side, so it got scrapped.

The problem with doing a co-op game is people like playing both sides.  So to make the fan base happy, it would be 2 games. 

Since they are reskinning the Warhammer Quest co-op into RuneWars, I think it would be cool to reskin 40K Conpuest into the new Star Wars LCG. 

With the success of the LotR and Arkham Horror LCG I think a co-op Star Wars LCG would be a cash cow. I know I would not be alone willing to stand in line to throw my money at. You would even be able to make two games out of it, one with the players as the rebels and one with the players as the empire. I've actually previously asked this question. 

There are Computer games where you play the dark side and there Are Computer games where you play light side. So co op for each one could sell, but there Are so Many Star wars games that I am not sure if there is enough people who Are willing to get one more SW game...

so not likely, but Hopefully there will be at least one! If there is one, it most propably will be from the light side.

Posted (edited)

I would apréciate to just make my way in a coop LCG who replace the actions from the movies. There are enough to make a cycle for a movie, and if they don't do this, I'm sure there too much matérials for make them some style of Saga deluxe box. I think this is possible by a great design to make the ennemy card playable. If FFG give a notice for read the ennemy card like a player card, and what are the ennemy key word effect, for just make them in front of heroes card with the same notice. We just have to add alternat quest card for play from the ennemy, and add treachery for heroes encounter deck. But this is really for those who want an imperial role because I just want an Movie adapted LCG. Every movie. Even prelogy.

Edited by phorcys12

they maybe a able to come out with different game modes....like 1 vs many and co op out of the box? or even do some character expansions that allow for you to play dark side users or villains in the place of heroes? i agree i think this would be amazing for a lot of people and i definitely would buy into it.