Jump to content
colki

Luke, Leia and 3 core sets

Recommended Posts

So after playing today with Luke, Leia and two core sets today, I thought I'd like to see what I can put together with three.

The ATRTs are naked and will just run forward, looking scary with their 3-red+surges melee attacks and hopefully making my opponent a little leery of taking mid-table (where the objectives are :) ).

Ion has left me a little underwhelmed - the need to recover means the units stay static, and the games are actually won by troopers moving towards objectives. I sacrificed the extra trooper from each squad to let me afford the third AT-RT. I also like the idea of a little more activated advantage to help get the old 1-2-3 with Son of Skywalker.

++ Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++
+ Commander [280 Points] +
•Leia Organa [95 Points]: Esteemed Leader [5 Points]
•Luke Skywalker [185 Points]: Force Push [10 Points], Force Reflexes [15 Points]
+ Corps [355 Points] +
Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper [22 Points]
Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper [22 Points]
Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper [22 Points]
Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper [22 Points]
Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper [22 Points]
Rebel Troopers [45 Points]: Impact Grenades [5 Points]
+ Support [165 Points] +
AT-RT [55 Points]
AT-RT [55 Points]
AT-RT [55 Points]
+ Command Hand +
Command Hand: •Coordinated Bombardment, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••No Time for Sorrows, •••Assault, •••Return of the Jedi, ••••Standing Orders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only played a couple of games so far, so maybe this won't work out so well! But actually this list has more wounds for the opponent to chew through, and more units for them to spread their fire on, than my previous lists.

I could drop an atrt to get more troopers, but is it worth losing 6 armoured HP and an activation to gain 6 unarmoured HP? Doesn't seem like a great trade to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colki said:

I've only played a couple of games so far, so maybe this won't work out so well! But actually this list has more wounds for the opponent to chew through, and more units for them to spread their fire on, than my previous lists.

I could drop an atrt to get more troopers, but is it worth losing 6 armoured HP and an activation to gain 6 unarmoured HP? Doesn't seem like a great trade to me.

Seems like having those extra activations isn’t a benefit if you don’t have the dice in them to actually land wounds (a target in heavy cover is negating the first two regular hits, and so gains more defensive benefits against multiple small attacks than one big one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true, I'm losing a single black die from each trooper squad - but in my games so far it's mostly the crits that do the heavy lifting when shooting at dug-in troops - and they are just as effective in one big pool or many small ones. That wasn't quite so true for imperial opponents - precise and surges make a big difference - but even still, most (say 3 out of 4?) of the wounds I had to roll while in cover were from crits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one really like the list, a true spam in nature :) 5 squads of 4, 4 squads of 5 - if you add Z6 (and you did!) the difference is not that great. The points about difficulties with cover, but the opposite is also true. You need to realize that you're going to ignore Airspeeders and ATSTs, since the lack of Impact apart from a small grenade team will be noticeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably where I am headed with rebels until we get something that resembles an AT-ST.

Probably moving a lot of the upgrades around though and dropping them completely once spec ops drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's in TTS, can't seem to find it on Google. I remember someone took a picture of it from a convention/event?

"No time for sorrows", 2 Troopers, Units given orders can make a speed 1 move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2018 at 4:46 PM, TobiWan said:

You've nearly nothing to counter ST's, T47 and RT's. This could be a problem against many lists.

Yeah - definitely true. The only Impact weapons I have are ATRT claws, one small units' grenades and Anakin's Lightsaber.

 

I need to play more games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I played with the list above a few times and decided that while naked ATRTs work well as an annoyance for your opponent, they don't have enough teeth to hold ground or scare an experienced player.

I went to a small local tournament yesterday and took a modified version, dropping Leia because she isn't released and buying the ATRTs flamethrowers.

Luke + Reflexes and Push (Problem Solver)

6 x Rebel troopers + Z6 (the guys who win games)

3 x ATRTs + Flamethrowers (the guys who die heroically stopping my opponent from winning)

It worked out really well. Even an unprepared opponent can drop a single ATRT on approach, but even the most geared-up can't stop all three before they start eating trooper units. Even better, fear of the gun slowed my opponents down, standing and shooting while my troopers moved in on the objectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, colki said:

Ok, so I played with the list above a few times and decided that while naked ATRTs work well as an annoyance for your opponent, they don't have enough teeth to hold ground or scare an experienced player.

I went to a small local tournament yesterday and took a modified version, dropping Leia because she isn't released and buying the ATRTs flamethrowers.

Luke + Reflexes and Push (Problem Solver)

6 x Rebel troopers + Z6 (the guys who win games)

3 x ATRTs + Flamethrowers (the guys who die heroically stopping my opponent from winning)

It worked out really well. Even an unprepared opponent can drop a single ATRT on approach, but even the most geared-up can't stop all three before they start eating trooper units. Even better, fear of the gun slowed my opponents down, standing and shooting while my troopers moved in on the objectives.

Have you played against Veers lists? My experience was, that he is very strong against armies with the main emphasis in close and melee combat. A friend plays this list in the last matches and it`s very hard to come close enough for flamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TobiWan said:

Have you played against Veers lists? My experience was, that he is very strong against armies with the main emphasis in close and melee combat. A friend plays this list in the last matches and it`s very hard to come close enough for flamers.

No, not yet! I've also been fortunate to play on tables with a good amount of terrain, so while the ATRTs get blown to **** by ATSTs (usually takes two salvos) my troopers have been able to claim objectives and hide either out of sight or in cover beyond the blast grenade range.

Edited by colki
Wow the opposite of heaven is apparently worthy of ****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...