Sign in to follow this  
GM Hooly

The Dice Pool Podcast - Night's Edge Setting

You have heard it on the podcast, but we know many of you have questions. Feel free to drop us a note here if you would like to know more.

You can hear the first of our introductions to the setting at the following links:

It will be modified slightly and we will be using a lot of what we’ve learned from the Runes Rules and Crafting explained in Realms of Terrinoth. However we did create the rules before that book was released.

Simply this. Her blindness is purely thematic. It does not affect her in any way until it needs to be and advantages her when it seems appropriate. There are not any other special rules other than that.

Why? Because “Magic”.

Edited by GM Hooly

11 minutes ago, GM Hooly said:

Simply this. Her blindness is purely thematic. It does not affect her in any way until it needs to be and advantages her when it seems appropriate. There are not any other special rules other than that.

Why? Because “Magic”.

It is fairly tricky to play a blind character, I must say. Sometimes you even forget they are blind. I remember in an old Warhammer Fantasy campaign how whenever I described how some city looked to this blind PC, I'd add "you know it from your common knowledge, of course", though he was a wizard. Dunno how I missed the magic sight. 

OK, I understand.

I had once a player with a blind character, (other rpg system, of course), and we played the "no sight, but extremely good at other senses" type. We used "other than perception" skill, but character was SOOOOOoooo good on that, that he was the best perception guy in the team,... 

That was the reason for my question.

Edited by Solkar77

18 hours ago, GM Hooly said:

Why? Because “Magic”.

It sounded a little to me like she could see magic, kinda how Neo can see The Matrix after he is blinded.  So while she can't see in the normal sense of the word, there's a visual representation, via magic, that provides some sort of basis for sight when combined with her other senses, sharpened by the lack of sight.  

But I'll admit I was listening while working around the farm so I might not have had full focus on the conversation.  

Edited by themensch
spelling/clarity, man I can't win today

6 minutes ago, GM Hooly said:

You can clearly multitask there @themensch, as you are spot on, although Madeline used Daredevil as the basis of her sight.

Ahh right, I remember her mentioning that - I don't know that I'm familiar with this Daredevil character but it sure sounded like that.  I think it's a fantastic concept but the whole lot of you really did a good job there, not only with the story framework but in demonstrating just how easy it is to come up with a playable setting in a jiffy.  I'm looking forward to the ensuing stories!

On 4/15/2018 at 5:25 AM, GM Hooly said:

You have heard it on the podcast, but we know many of you have questions. Feel free to drop us a note here if you would like to know more.

You can hear the first of our introductions to the setting at the following links:

Hi @GM Hooly. I have listened all your dicepool podcast episodes (mostly while doing something else, like housework, so I have missed many details), and I'm anxiously waiting for more. I love the content. I just dropped by to ask do you have a plan to release the Night's edge setting as written document?

Thank you for the podcast. You are doing great work.

7 hours ago, kkuja said:

Hi @GM Hooly. I have listened all your dicepool podcast episodes (mostly while doing something else, like housework, so I have missed many details), and I'm anxiously waiting for more. I love the content. I just dropped by to ask do you have a plan to release the Night's edge setting as written document?

Thank you for the podcast. You are doing great work.

Thanks @kkuja. We are definitely going to provide Night's Edge as a setting but there are a lot of moving parts to that equation. It will happen, and we want it to happen, its just that we all have very busy schedules.

Are the vampires and werewolves in your setting actual species, or turned humans?

If , say, your werewolves still turn any human they bite, those crazy packs would be even more scary than they already are.

Thank you for a great podcast. I have a question about the Arcane infuser that the characters seem to use as a attachment on weapons. What does it actually do just hurt the shadow creatures ? or does it have another use ? Or do you use it like the rune attachment in ROT and imbue the weapon with different qualities ? 

17 minutes ago, GM Hooly said:

We do plan to yes. It’s a matter of us finding time.

So an official hardback book published by FFG isn’t the top secret project you’ve been working on for them then? **** 😕