RStan

More System Open Locations Announced

3 minutes ago, comawhite said:

cool the southeast gets screwed again....

I assume Cascade had these locations scouted out and in the process of making it final before the petition started.

Once upon a time I could have made the trip to Origins, and have in the past. Hard to manage now with a little one and GenCon commitments. Still awaiting something closer, but do not count me as a complainer here. I'm glad more events are opening even if I can't reach them.

14 hours ago, DekoPuma said:

Is this the second system open Seattle has gotten this year? Or does this count as the next season? 

Seattle had a Regional, which is not a System Open. 

3 hours ago, Javelin said:

Seattle had a Regional, which is not a System Open. 

Though Portland, OR did get a system open. Which is about 3 hours away. 

3 hours ago, Brack Daddy said:

So Portland... and then just up the road in Seattle?

Fair.

High concentrations of players who attend the tournaments. Portland System Open and Seattle Regional were both 150+ players. 

1 hour ago, Javelin said:

High concentrations of players who attend the tournaments. Portland System Open and Seattle Regional were both 150+ players. 

The ATL had 139 players at our regionals so it's not like people don't play the game here too.

1 hour ago, RoockieBoy said:

It doesn’t impress me as much as last year’s Tatooine Open (370 players)... getting no SOS this year...

This year, the Euros could have been in Spain. They really should move around!

European SOS: Poland, Denmark, Germany, UK, Italy, and France. Have I missed any out?

Personally, if there were a limited number of them, I'd have put one on the northern French/German border, the Polish one near the German border, the Italian one anywhere in Italy that has good flights from around the Med, and the last one in Spain instead of Denmark.

But what about Sweden and Norway? I'd have done more regionals for them instead.

6 hours ago, Gilarius said:

This year, the Euros could have been in Spain. They really should move around!

Last year at Euros it was announced that they reserved the venue for two years, and that they're open to it moving around from then on.

1 hour ago, darthlurker said:

Last year at Euros it was announced that they reserved the venue for two years, and that they're open to it moving around from then on.

Good that it might move in future.

It being part of a big convention which doubles the cost of attending (whilst also not actually being able to spend time at that convention) seems really pointless to me.

21 hours ago, Javelin said:

So what you are saying is that The Pacific Northwest region has an X-Wing population that is about 1/3 the size of Birmingham, UK?

On 4/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, Brack Daddy said:

So what you are saying is that The Pacific Northwest region has an X-Wing population that is about 1/3 the size of Birmingham, UK?

Yeah, with Oregon and Washington having 1/5th the population of England spread out over three times the area.