Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

If Garven had an EPT.....

The earlier post about which X-Wing pilot you’d like to fly got me to thinking. Garven was the first X-Wing I flew in any tournament. I’ve seen many comments that Garven Dreis should have an EPT. I wholly agree. He’s Red Leader for a reason and SHOULD have an EPT. 

His pilot ability fits him perfectly being a leader. Hopefully, we’ll get him an EPT soon but what would fit him best?

First thought is VI to let him pass that Focus on at a higher PS. VI almost feels like a stapled card. What else would be good. 

17 minutes ago, drail14me said:

The earlier post about which X-Wing pilot you’d like to fly got me to thinking. Garven was the first X-Wing I flew in any tournament. I’ve seen many comments that Garven Dreis should have an EPT. I wholly agree. He’s Red Leader for a reason and SHOULD have an EPT. 

His pilot ability fits him perfectly being a leader. Hopefully, we’ll get him an EPT soon but what would fit him best?

First thought is VI to let him pass that Focus on at a higher PS. VI almost feels like a stapled card. What else would be good. 

R2-D6 was pretty much made for him and Horton Salm.

• Veteran Instincts is good for providing tokens for PS8 ships.
  • Adrenaline Rush allows him to pull a white koiogran - and then pass the focus to another ally as well.

Deadeye might be interesting. Give him a torp, he fires it off, passing the focus on. 

I’m really digging @wurms‘s suggestion of Decoy. Pops him up to get his shot and focus off for other people to use.

Now, going over to impossible territory, could you imagine him with Mindlink? He spends his focus, hands it off to his Mindlink buddy, and gets a new one. If he’s taking fire, he could generate a ton of focus tokens.

I sort of doubt the old Xs are getting any epts. I don't think FFG ever repeats fix types, so I don't think we're getting A-wing test pilot again

so just get used to using r2-d6, assuming the fix in Saw's amounts to a goddamn thing

honestly not sure how to get any real value out of a PS dependent ability when it's a ps of 6, other than feeding a Moldy Crow (ps 12 via Roark) or Rey crew. Optics could be a decent idea too, but then you could just run into scenarios where you don't need to spend the focus (or are flying poe). Best you can hope for is flying a bunch of ps 6/8 or less and giving them focus to mod attacks after they've spent it defending

mainly, though, I guess you could fly him to flip hotshot rau a well deserved bird

anyway, since we can assume you're using his action to focus, I'd give him predator. mods are love, mods are life. You could try to use a VI variant to power something cool like Norra, but eeeh you're just going to be outdone in every regard by fenn rau

Edited by ficklegreendice