Sign in to follow this  
CompanionEwok

Don't put Thrawn on the box if Thrawn is not in the box.

Just now, subtrendy2 said:

That's not a bad idea, too.  It would mean a lot of blister packs, but it might have been the most viable strategy.

As long as command cards were pretty much exclusive to the packs, too.  It would be brutal for skirmish players to have to buy extra boxes for no other reason than command cards (not even benefitting from extra units).

That's why I say unique stuff. Tiles, campaign materials, heroes, villians, allies, and other skirmish cards and command cards that are limited. With stuff you can duplicate in the blister packs.  Because right now I'm fine for campaign, but if I want to field even one extra group of trandoshans for skirmish I have to spend a fortune buying a core box...

37 minutes ago, neosmagus said:

I still think they should have kept only uniques in the boxes and have everything else tokens. It would have made way more sense to be able to buy multiple packs of the non uniques which you currently can only do for the Rebel figures, Jawas, hired guns , dewbacks, at-st and stormtroopers

That works better for skirmish, but I think it would be a bit of a let-down for the campaign.  Unique villains account for, what, maybe 5% of the enemies you face over the course of a campaign?  That means that for most of the game you'd be facing off against little circles - even if the box was cheaper, I think it would lose a lot of the wow-factor that probably brought a few people to the table in the first place.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

That works better for skirmish, but I think it would be a bit of a let-down for the campaign.  Unique villains account for, what, maybe 5% of the enemies you face over the course of a campaign?  That means that for most of the game you'd be facing off against little circles - even if the box was cheaper, I think it would lose a lot of the wow-factor that probably brought a few people to the table in the first place.

Yeah, personally, as a mostly campaign player (and main reason I bought into IA),  I would hate that. It would be nice to see them offer the troop units more frequently (ala stormtrooper packs), but not having them in the small/big boxes? H*lls naw.

All of this just sounds like a roundabout way of ending up where we already are to be honest. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm fine with how the products are sold at the moment. With the rarity of appearance of uniques in the campaigns, I'd rather have the units. (Plus I really,really want my deathtroopers, like now! ;))

Edited by 54NCH32