Sign in to follow this  
vyrago

Hyperspace Report: X-Wing end-of-life date or X-wing 2.0?

3 minutes ago, pheaver said:

Other than Wave 14, there's no upcoming X-Wing, IA, or Armada releases announced.  I think it'll be like the GenCon FFG In-flight report, but just for the five Star Wars games at Worlds (minus LCG plus Legion).

Before I go back to jokes and memes, this makes sense, purely because those inflight reports are getting so big. They want to make sure their other games get time to shine, so splitting those makes a lot of marketing sense.

...Now, back to the memes!

I imagine this will just be the kind of information we traditionally get in the 'In-Flight Report' at GenCon, but just a few months earlier, to be aligned with SW Worlds.

So new waves of most/all SW games, plus any other cool SW related announcements

26 minutes ago, the1hodgy said:

Is it me or do over 50% of this forum want X-Wing to die recently? 

The forums live on a diet of salt and drama.  Every Monday people come in and find something from the weekend that they can stir into a storm of nonsense and get them through to the end of the week.

My guess is they want to do their upcoming release presentations on their terms and stream it themselves instead of a convention setting where people take poor pictures or videos during the presentation with cell phones. At least it is a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

The forums live on a diet of salt and drama.  Every Monday people come in and find something from the weekend that they can stir into a storm of nonsense and get them through to the end of the week.

ah, kinda like reverse dementors instead of happiness they feed of sorrow 

28 minutes ago, the1hodgy said:

Is it me or do over 50% of this forum want X-Wing to die recently? 

In fairness, I think it's more that people don't want it to die, and that's why they're so paranoid about it. In the meantime, while we're waiting for news, I'm gonna be working more on ideas for Clone Wars factions. Feel free to join me! 

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/268664-the-big-clone-wars-thread/

In any case I am very glad FFG announces this. They are finally taking the right steps and announce stuff like this.

Aint that hard, but comes very late....

Just now, Kieransi said:

In fairness, I think it's more that people don't want it to die, and that's why they're so paranoid about it.

I dunno know man the main talking points are;

Game is broken,

X is broken,

Nerf this,

OP that,

X-Wing dead.

X-Wing is no longer X.

If i was a new player; reading this forum i would deffo not invest. 

They should do it right before X-Wing worlds and have the first two slides being nothing but nerfs for meta ships that will be in effect during worlds. They should also livestream all the players scrambling to build new lists on the fly and close it with "May the odds be forever in your favor!"

5 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

They should do it right before X-Wing worlds and have the first two slides being nothing but nerfs for meta ships that will be in effect during worlds. They should also livestream all the players scrambling to build new lists on the fly and close it with "May the odds be forever in your favor!"

id pay for twitch prime for that. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, the1hodgy said:

I dunno know man the main talking points are;

Game is broken,

X is broken,

Nerf this,

OP that,

X-Wing dead.

X-Wing is no longer X.

If i was a new player; reading this forum i would deffo not invest. 

Fair. Maybe that's just my opinion on the whole "X-Wing is dead" thing. A game is a game, so it doesn't matter what's broken as long as people are still playing. The only way I'd think X-Wing is dead is if nobody showed up to my local game nights anymore, which, for reasons I can't quite figure out, is close to happening. 

But as far as I can tell, that's not the case everywhere, I guess people here are just weird. Maybe it's because they're all Scum players? 

Also, maybe I'm not the most well-informed person when it comes to forum politics. I tend to stay out of those "X-wiNg iS DeAD, WtF, fFG?!?" threads once they grow past 5 pages...

Edited by Kieransi

8 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

New reality TV show?

I can even picture the breakaway interviews with the players expressing their concerns. 

A Shattered Dream Production
Sponsored by Salt.