dpb1298

Imperial Wave Three

6 hours ago, TheBigLev said:

The Empire is pretty lacking in canon officers other than ship/fleet commanders. That said, we do now have General Jylia Shale from Aftermath, supposedly a top tactician, as well as General Tagge who has some major canon development in the comics.

Then don't rely on canon officers; there's lots of guys they made up for Imp Assault, right (including a named Stormtrooper IIRC)?

Jerjerrod or Motti, etc are hardly the types to get excited about.

Just now, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Then don't rely on canon officers; there's lots of guys they made up for Imp Assault, right (including a named Stormtrooper IIRC)?

And some made up officer is? “Double your efforts” is right there as a command card too...

Edited by MandalorianMoose

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Wasn't that largely before Disney really took over?

These days they have canon characters falling out of their pockets.

I think Thrawn is a really good bet. He has "new canon" books, is in Rebels, etc. 

Plus his genius tactics and knowing the workings of his opponents seems to mesh nicely with the idea of a Scout trooper commandos unit. 

I could see a command card in which your opponent must play their command card face up, then you may choose another command card if you want. It would cost two command cards for one turn, but could be good.

3 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

You ask the impossible. We need more men!

4 hours ago, MandalorianMoose said:

And some made up officer is? “Double your efforts” is right there as a command card too...

Yes actually, you've got a guy in interesting armor and a unique pose and assuming it's a trooper commander it immediately screams Star Wars... Besides Kallus is an option (hopefully rocking his mutton chops instead of his cunning hat) and I believe the new Solo movie has a named Imperial Army officer.

1 hour ago, Shadows of the Future said:

Though one thing that could be interesting would be Probe Droids... 

Yeah - can't wait for Probe Droids! 

But as Support or Special Forces? 

Couldn't really be a full unit-sized box surely - the most I think makes sense is three (if you could buy as a "unit" but deploy independently, or at least with an extended coherency) - or perhaps a single model could be included in a Commander or Unit box and come in the form of an "upgrade" (which then acts independently of the purchasing unit)... actually, this would make a lot of sense with a Scout unit! 

3 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Yes actually, you've got a guy in interesting armor and a unique pose and assuming it's a trooper commander it immediately screams Star Wars... Besides Kallus is an option (hopefully rocking his mutton chops instead of his cunning hat) and I believe the new Solo movie has a named Imperial Army officer.

Why not put JJ in interesting armor though? He is in the movies and has lines, so why make up a dude when you have a source for the Moff at Endor?

1 minute ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

... and I believe the new Solo movie has a named Imperial Army officer.

So long as he survives! - then likely promoted a few levels by the ANH->ROTJ  time frame. 

Hmmm - that makes me think, I wonder if Solo will include any Imperial characters at a lower rank than we see them in the OT? 

As much as I'd like to see Agent Kallus, wouldn't he make more sense as a Rebel commander since he defected long before ANH? I'm not sure exactly when Legion is supposed to take place but considering that Luke, Leia and Han are available...

Kallus did much more as an Imperial operative in Rebels then he did as a Rebel guy so far, and since his tenure as an Imp is done there's no need for LFL to hold back anything from him appearing as imperial (He's also currently an imperial upgrade in both Armada and X-Wing, no word on rebel versions forthcoming). 

He has a distinctive sculpt either way, could be interesting to see FFG release him for both factions eventually. 

We shouldn't get too caught up in timelines, Leia was announced in her Endor commando getup alongside ANH fleet troopers, while immediately prior ESB Veers and Snowtroopers were announced. 

Edited by UnitOmega

As stated by Alex Davy during an interview at Gencon, Legion will focus on the old triology for now (allthough expanding into other time periods is definitelly possible in the far future)
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkDm7vwigO4 (starting at 28:54)

Therefore I dont think we will see things like Thrawn, Krennic or Deathtroopers soon.

I think it's a good bet to take a look at the early releases of Imperial Assault, since this also originally started with units out of the old triology. Also if you compare the releases you can definitelly draw some similarities (Corebox with Vader & Luke, AT-ST, Han, Fleet Troopers, etc.)

Another thing to think about is that so far commanders of both Legion factions matched each other in their battlefield role. So I guess we should be searching for some Impirial who would match Han Solo in his role as kinda cheap range dmg dealer. Therefore my bet would be on Kayn Somos as Wave 3 Commander since he was early released in IA aswell, is from the right time period and matches Han Solos battlefield role quite well.

As unit I think we will see Scout Troops, since they were allready teasered at Gencon and would be a perfect counterpart to the Rebel Commandos.

Edited by BielTanLord