dpb1298

Imperial Wave Three

If by "Wave 3" we mean the counterparts to Han and the Commandos, I'm pretty certain that the Spec-Ops Unit will be Scout Troopers as they've been confirmed by the devs.

I have no idea who the commander would be. Maybe Jerjerrod. 

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

I would not think Scout troopers would be special forces. 

Way back at Gen Con, Alex used Scout Troopers as the example of something that would show up in the Special Forces slot.  It's been the only hint we've had about what that slot would represent until the Rebel Commandos were announced.

5 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I would not think Scout troopers would be special forces. 

It makes sense, actually. Scout Troopers are specialized by their role- the Imperial military wouldn't field an entire army composed solely of them. Snow troopers, on the other hand, are specialized by condition; They'd be expected to do everything Storm Troopers would, except in cold environments of marginally habitable planets like Hoth.

Edited by Squark

19 minutes ago, Squark said:

It makes sense, actually. Scout Troopers are specialized by their role... 

I wonder if they'll have some sort of infiltration ability?... 

Or if they'll just have 'Scout' like the Rebel Commandos - but with value 3. 

Perhaps they be allowed to have more than one sniper?? 

Trying to think how they'll be differentiated from the Commandos...? 

1 hour ago, ABXY said:

Red defense dice. :)

56 minutes ago, Matt Antilles said:

Red defense dice. :)

Not so sure - besides the lighter looking armour than troopers, the speederbikes only have white die defence - would seem odd that their armour improves when then dismount. 

7 hours ago, ABXY said:

Scout 3 keyword.

Sharpshooter 2 keyword.

Second Heavy Weapon Upgrade will be an E-Web Engineer.

They'll use pistols with the stats of the ones on the Biker Scouts Card (Holdout Blaster?).

More expensive.

34 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

I'm pretty sure it will be the Scouts.

And I still hope we'll see Imperial Army Troops sooner or later.

I agree with you on both points here.

31 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

Second Heavy Weapon Upgrade will be an E-Web Engineer.

Oh - yeah - nice thought. 

Perhaps a 4 man unit with E-Web and 2 man sniper team (kinda like the Rebels). 

I haven't played Battlefront 2 yet, but the thought of Versio and her Spec Ops is amazing.

Considering we've already seen some sharing between FFG and EA with the Imp Raider, this seems like a natural progression!

Krennic and Deathtroopers don't surprise me, but I think it smarter for FFG to delay them. Blaise and Scouts could be cool, but not great. Versio and co though has me pumped!

I think Dark Troopers would be super cool at some point. Jet packs, arc casters, etc. Cortosis armor (immune to pierce).

But yeah probably scout troopers right now. It seems with the early releases they are just keeping to the classic movies (except the AT-RT). Honestly, not sure how a hold out blaster has two black die and an e-11 one white die, but it's all good lol. 

2 hours ago, Shokupanman said:

Dear god, please not some made-up dude from FFG when there are so many interesting characters from the actual source material.

So Wiess is dumb?

What are some named scout trooper leaders? Who can go with the scouts?

13 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

So Wiess is dumb?

What are some named scout trooper leaders? Who can go with the scouts?

Im OK with Weiss, because aside from Veers (who was obvisouly gonna be a commander unit) there aren't exactly a whole grip of armor drivers in the OT timeframe they can make as a pilot for an AT-ST.

Blaise, on the other hand, isn't exactly a "Scout Trooper leader" per se, he's an Imperial Security Bureau agent.  In the same way that Han Solo isnt a "commando", yet is paired with Commandos as a release wave, I'd MUCH rather see Agent Kallus (*ALSO* an ISB agent) as the commander introduced opposite Scout Troopers (as he has a shown history in participating in targeted, commando-type operations throughout the run of Rebels) than some dude FFG pulled out of thin air and only people who play IA really have any familiarity with.

Edited by Shokupanman

4 minutes ago, Shokupanman said:

Im OK with Weiss, because aside from Veers (who was obvisouly gonna be a commander unit) there aren't exactly a whole grip of armor drivers in the OT timeframe they can make as a pilot for an AT-ST.

Blaise, on the other hand, isn't exactly a "Scout Trooper leader" per se, he's an Imperial Security Bureau agent.  In the same way that Han Solo isnt a "commando", yet is paired with Commandos as a release wave, I'd MUCH rather see Agent Kallus (*ALSO* an ISB agent) as the commander introduced opposite Scout Troopers (as he has a shown history in participating in targeted, commando-type operations throughout the run of Rebels) than some dude FFG pulled out of thin air and only people who play IA really have any familiarity with.

Kallus and Thrawn are the only Imperial ground commander I can think of who don't have a unit strongly associated with them (Palpatine has Royal Guards while Krennic has death troopers). Neither really fits the Endor theme, though. I think I lean toward Thrawn because of... Rebels season 3 spoilers.

Edited by Squark

I was thinking Death Troopers as well, but with them coming for IA with it's next major expansion, I think we're getting something else.

Scout Troopers seems to be the safe bet, though I'd, personally, really love to see Thrawn with Noghri for the entire setup of having something very different to paint up for the table.

1 hour ago, Shokupanman said:

What if they do an ISB wave?