Makwiesel

Makwiesel paints Mirialan Rebels

I am working on my rebel force, and I have decided to make them a group that were brought together by a surviving Twi-Lek Padawan, Necca Rabash, who trained under a Mirialan Master, Allistander Luntari.  He was killed during Order 66, but had forseen dark shadows in the force and took his Padawan to live with his family on Mirial.  There she pretended to be a house servant for several years, practicing her arts in secret.

With the looming doom of the Empire deploying the Death Star, Necca has come out of hiding and is recruiting a force of rebels.  They are based out of Mirial and are supported with medical supplies by Necca's adopted family.  

For starters, here's Necca and some of her troops... (Necca plays as Luke Skywalker, btw- and of course I have Luke as well in case someone flips out that I'm using an alt...)

In Imgur hover your mouse on your username, then click on "images"

Next select an image in the thumbnail gallery.

Then click the blue "copy" button and paste into your post. I use the BBCode (for boards and forums) 

You can post pics to your heart's content

DIis8xa.jpg

Use imgur and share the url. Imgur is free and doesnt have size problems, even allows you to resize them after uploading (and crop)

If you've uploaded pictures to your FFG forum account its extremely limited on space and most likely your alotment is full.  I'd recommend an image site like imgur and then imbeding the pictures link into your post.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, BeardedBaron said:

I'm excited to see the images, I really like the backstory :D

Im glad somebody else out there is deciding to do an alien rebel force (My dudes are Pantorans).

Let's see those Pantorans- I want to see how you handle the yellow face markings!

3 minutes ago, Dash Two said:

@Makwiesel ... solid work.  Question ...

Is the Rodian head from an IA mini?  If yes, did you find it scaled well?

The Rodian head is from the Imperial Assault Greedo.  I used one for a Rebel Trooper and one for an AT-RT driver.  I think that head works great.  The Rodian heads from the IA Hired Guns are a little small and don't show as well.  

Speaking of scale, I was also in a hurry when I sculpted the Boushh helmet- which is why it's a little big.  I will have another go at that when I get some free time in the next week or so.

1 minute ago, Makwiesel said:

The Rodian head is from the Imperial Assault Greedo.  I used one for a Rebel Trooper and one for an AT-RT driver.  I think that head works great.  The Rodian heads from the IA Hired Guns are a little small and don't show as well.  

Speaking of scale, I was also in a hurry when I sculpted the Boushh helmet- which is why it's a little big.  I will have another go at that when I get some free time in the next week or so.

Thank you.  This is why I asked, as I had picked up the Hired Guns pack and they are just too tiny.  I was curious if you had used a different type of head for the mod.  

6 hours ago, Themodalnodes said:

LOVING these! Especially the Boussh conversion. I see you sculpted the Boussh helmet from scratch (incredible!!). Where did the body come from? looks like Leia's arms but not much else?

Thanks Themodalnodes.  The Leia body- which I was too much in a rush to attempt sculpting myself- is a Warmachine Retribution Kaelyssa night's Whisper miniature from Privateer Press. 

It's a beautiful mini I had actually originally picked up to make another Jedi, but when I got my Legion Leia I just wasn't happy with it and wanted to try something else for her.