Sign in to follow this  
Roller of blanks

First time flying Miranda, any ideas?

I'm going to a small tournament, and I don't know if my list is practical enough be somewhat capable.

My list has Miranda Doni (adv.SLAM, C-3PO, TLT, and bomblet generator)

Sheathapiede Fenn Rau ( R2-D2 as crew and dermination) 

Horton Salm (ion cannon turret, R3-A2)

The list is supposed to work like this:

Fenn Rau will be using his ability mainly to protect Horton, and using R2-D2 to regenerate the shield and flip damage cards faceup, so I can try to get rid of them with determination

Horton Salm is pretty straightforward, ion, stress, and range 2 rerolls

Miranda will bomb the ioned ship as much as possible with bomblet generator, using adv. SLAM to get a defensive action like focus, and trying to drop as many bombs as she can.

A few questions I have:

Is determimation worth it on fenn? If so, should I switch R2-D2 from crew to astromech? 

Is Horton Salm's PS and ability worth the points, or should I go with gold or grey?

Is adv. Slam nessecary if i C-3P0 to defend?

Thank you!

Your Miranda is pretty good, but adv slam is garbage since the FAQ change. So that is 2pts free.

R2D2 crew isnt the crew for Fenn. You want him alive and faceup cards can end that real quick. r2d2 droid would be better. Flight Assist is amazing on him cause it ensures he has arc on an enemy, and can help maintain range 2 on friendlies for coordinate.

Horton doesnt want stress cause his greens suck. I would go with another droid. Hortons ability pairs perfectly with TLT and torpedos. 

Im not sure what expansions you have but Im going with Core,Tantive,Sheathipede,Ywing, Scurrg, and Kwing based on your initial list.

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Cruise Missiles (3)
C-3PO (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)

Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
R2 Astromech (1)

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (17)
Lightning Reflexes (1)
Courier Droid (0)
R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Ezra can coordinate a focus to miranda for the cruise missile (her ability lets you get 5 dice cruise missiles attacks), while horton has a soft focus with proton torps focus to crit. Gives you a little alpha strike in there. After that, scatter and TLT em to death, while ezra stresses to keep them from kturning, etc while you plink them to death.

Options if you got em:

Fenn withAVeteran instincts (or Adaptability)+Flight assist is fantastic, and gives Miranda a PS11 target lock for her missile.

Harpoon Missiles > Cruise Missiles if you got em.

Add guidance chips to Horton and Miranda or long range scanners to miranda if you got them.

If you have BTLA title, then FLight Assist, with BTLA, and TLT or ion turret is awesome on a ywing.

Keep Miranda safe. She is your ticket to victory. If something is risky dont do it. Always regen when you get the chance. Miranda must live. :)

Have fun

Edited by wurms

I'd also skip advanced slam on miranda, and put TLT on horton instead. His ability begs for it! 
If he is worth it.. maybe.. You pay 7 points for 6 more PS, and tokenless modification. Not too bad in this meta where people are using fenn left and right. 

You use slam to reposition, to bump into something nasty for a better position, or just to get away like ****. The extra focus/TL is not worth the two points. 

On Fenn: While I honestly love your R2D2/determination idea, I can see ways it would backfire greatly (as when you get a major explosion.. direct hit.. structural dmg etc.). The good old' hotshot copilot + flight assist astromech might just be the way to go.
On the other hand, Fenn likes his team close, so he can defend them with his ability and coordinate them. With two turrets, that is more difficult, as they don't want to be too close together, and honestly, what is it you want to coordinate? A focus/tl? Not TOO impactful in my opinion. At least without missiles to amplify this. 

I would consider something like this: 
Miranda is fatter, more of a point fortress, can use her nasty ability to throw a 5 dice harpoon at your enemy. (It does make miranda more fun to fly, when using missiles!). If it hits, horton have a pretty good chance of hitting a crit, and if that fails, then Ezra have can use his EPT to flip that crit in. If he can't, then he just double stresses the enemy, giving them a hard time. I cannot stress (no pun intended) how important stress is at the moment. It can kill fenn's ability to coordinate the next round, as well as using his own ability. It can turn off expertise. It can turn off Maul. It can and will wreck aces, and when they are tokenless, your TLT actually stands a chance at hitting them. 

If you don't have long range scanners, get guidance chips, and maybe consider flying Ezra and miranda close, then just coordinate the focus to her, and then she can attempt the TL as her action. 

Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
C-3PO (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

A Score to Settle (0)
Gunner (5)
R3-A2 (2)

On 4/12/2018 at 3:08 AM, ModernPenguin said:

Horton Salm (25)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
C-3PO (3)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

A Score to Settle (0)
Gunner (5)
R3-A2 (2)

I like this a lot! However, I might trade Harpoons for something on Horton - Maybe Chopper droid and a few free upgrades for more regen!

ASTS can be dangerous - I wouldn't risk it on a stresspiece that is already gonna be a major target.