VAYASAN

I think im a bit obsessed with Legion......

Theres no denying it....I think im a little obsessed :D

Moved away from tabletop war gaming as it was hard to setup at home etc, took time.....and moved onto more Board'y games such as imperial assault...which I absolutely loved and painted loads for over the last year.

Then...legion was announced/arrived.   Im obsessed, this forum, painting at home, building lists, reading rules.....absolutely love it.

Star Wars, in wargame fashion....finally!

I think there are a lot worse things to be obsessed about :P It's a great all around package of nice models (though FFG could learn a few things about moldline placement), solid rules (from what I've read, can't assemble my stuff to do unpainted games, yet, because of how I'm doing the bases), and a fantastic setting!

3 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Moved away from tabletop war gaming as it was hard to setup at home etc, took time.....and moved onto more Board'y games such as imperial assault...which I absolutely loved and painted loads for over the last year.

Then...legion was announced/arrived.   Im obsessed, this forum, painting at home, building lists, reading rules.....absolutely love it.

Dude, my Amazon bill was over $800 for last month with all the pre-orders, modeling supplies and paints. 

I know I have a problem just from that.

Just now, Galahax said:

Dude, my Amazon bill was over $800 for last month with all the pre-orders, modeling supplies and paints. 

I know I have a problem just from that.

Pro tip.

Buy things from varying platforms, then its impossible to track how much you have spent :D

20 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

+1

I've been waiting forty years for this game and these miniatures! I have bought two of everything so far (one in English and one in French - for bilingual wargaming!) Then there's all the Imperial Terrain stuff, plus Bandai/Revell/Shapeways models, plus IA droids and so on. Oh, and I need a desert gaming mat!

I'm looking forward to playing this. I just want to paint stuff first as it's easier to do off of the base. Problem is I'm getting 2hours every other night to paint, so it's slow going. 

I've got a kid on the way so I'm trying not to be dumb about spending, but I definitely plan on making some terrain eventually. I'd like to get a green mat as well but proper 6x3 is a bit pricey. 

If there was much local support/gamer base, I'd probably be getting deeper into it for sure. 

1 hour ago, Stasy said:

I'm looking forward to playing this. I just want to paint stuff first as it's easier to do off of the base. Problem is I'm getting 2hours every other night to paint, so it's slow going. 

I've got a kid on the way so I'm trying not to be dumb about spending, but I definitely plan on making some terrain eventually. I'd like to get a green mat as well but proper 6x3 is a bit pricey. 

If there was much local support/gamer base, I'd probably be getting deeper into it for sure. 

Congrats on the soon to be addition to the family and future gamer.

If you are looking to build an Endor/Forest themed table look no further than you local DIY home improvement store. You can buy a 6 foot by 3 foot piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for a fraction of a gaming mat. It is thin enough to roll up and store. You might even get lucky and find a piece marked down as they usually take 3 to 4 foot lengths and mark them down as scrap pieces as well as "miscuts".

You can make plenty of terrain for next to nothing and there are plenty of helpful tutorials on how to make cheap terrain. I made plenty of terrain from items that were going into the trash. Nothing hits the garbage can without seeing how it will fit on a table.

Another secret for easy basing of your terrain is "Vinyl Peel n Stick" tile. Trim it to size and use it upside down. It is extremely sticky and your sand, flocking, gravel or what have you will stick easily. You can usually ask to buy damaged tiles they are going to throw away anyway for next to nothing.

1 hour ago, Stasy said:

So I ended up getting my core the sunday before launch day. Since that time, ive been doing about the same, 2 hrs or so, every night or every other, and the last thing im working on now is all 14 rebel troops. Maybe about halfway done with them so I'm thinking the weekend for sure. But then, I have 1 of every expansion to do! ((Although I truly cant wait to start the ATST and Speeder.))

But yeah, I hear ya, when you only got 2 hrs its slow going for sure.

Edited by Galahax

On 4/11/2018 at 11:12 AM, VAYASAN said:

You and I both my friend.