Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gathrawny

The "OMG I HAVE ASCENSION" Thread.

Recommended Posts

dyp100 said:

FFG Ross Watson said:

 

Pardon me whilst I step in briefly, as I wrote the "Most Wanted" section of the Radical's Handbook: 

Cyrrik Scayl was not an Inquisitor. He was certainly affiliated with the Ordo Hereticus, but a Tech-Priest may be part of an Inquisitor's retinue of Acolytes (or in his cadre as a Magos) without actually being an Inquisitor. 

Hope that helps! :)

 

 

That is silly, I've never seen fluff anywhere saying it CAN'T happen, only it's unlikely. (Plus my group has a thing about Tech Priest Inquisitors.) I just hope I can house rule it in without ruining anything.

Also, when are we getting it here?

Also, any more Inquisitor characters in the book? (Loved that from RH, and the corebook.)

Techpriests expressly CANNOT become an Inquisitor because of their divided loyalties.  Even if the Techpriest in question has provided 200+ years of service to the Inquisition, they are still bound heart-and-soul first and foremost to the Adeptus Mechanicus! Heck, chances are high that a Techpriest of such age and experience requires regular maintenance inside their braincase, something that only the Adeptus Mechanicus can provide.... And something that the Inquisition can NOT tolerate under darn near ANY circumstance, let alone routine circumstances when it comes to an Inquisitor.  Both the Inquisition and the Adeptus Mechanicus routinely keep BIG secrets and are VERY proprietary about even trivial scraps of data.  In short, if you hold high position within one organization your ability to climb the ranks of the rival organization are severely limited, at best.

Honestly, I have no idea how any AdMech character managed to climb up to rank 8 without figuring this out.  Sure, I suppose you could house-rule allow it, but the rest of us reserve the right to point and mock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the book so far, little sad that Assassins can't exactly become Desparados without some difficulty. Like the Vindicare, but due to the fact that Jericus very much is about his FLAIR and style, he probably won't be taking the primary Vindicare Ascension package.

Also: The Exitus Rifle and Pistol are just...they...2d10+like 4 or 5 damage, with insane amounts of pen? Holy Emperor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kylen said:

Also: The Exitus Rifle and Pistol are just...they...2d10+like 4 or 5 damage, with insane amounts of pen? Holy Emperor!

Close, both Exitus weapons are 2d10+2 that will punch through most armors up to and including the published power armors.  The executor pistol the eversor's use are the 2d10+4 (Bolt)/1d10+5 (Needler) with decent penetration.  You want to see hurtful for the Exitus Rifle; though, check out pg. 148 and see what the special ammo types do.  Especially the Turbo-penetrator Round; if you cannot manage to kill your target with that thing, then it is not meant to die.

-=Brother Praetus=-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying to pick up Rogue Trader from my FLGS on deliver date, and being yelled at for having the nerve to ask what sort of time frame I was looking at for him to unbox them and be ready to sell one to me, I decided to go pre-order on Amazon (cheaper and now guilt free as my FLGS just lost their F).  But they tell me they don't plan on shipping it until April 19.  This makes me sad, does anyone know if this date is likely the effect of not knowing when they will get it, or do they really not plan on shipping it until then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valadrim said:

After trying to pick up Rogue Trader from my FLGS on deliver date, and being yelled at for having the nerve to ask what sort of time frame I was looking at for him to unbox them and be ready to sell one to me, I decided to go pre-order on Amazon (cheaper and now guilt free as my FLGS just lost their F).  But they tell me they don't plan on shipping it until April 19.  This makes me sad, does anyone know if this date is likely the effect of not knowing when they will get it, or do they really not plan on shipping it until then?

Amazon has quite a bad record with Dark Heresy books when they just came out. In fact, I too pre-ordered on Amazon but canceled it and ordered from FFG themselves. I mean, people are already getting theirs. I don't want to wait for a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my copy on Wednesday. It's got good rules but disappointing fluff. I feel that if I didn't have Disciples of the Dark Gods I would have a lot of trouble making campaigns. However, I like the rules themselves and It looks like a fun variation to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I HAZ IT AND I LUVZ

Seriously thou I do have it and I do love it. Awesome supplement (from my POV as a GM, I cant wait for players to start "ascending").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

numb3rc said:

Got my copy on Wednesday. It's got good rules but disappointing fluff. I feel that if I didn't have Disciples of the Dark Gods I would have a lot of trouble making campaigns. However, I like the rules themselves and It looks like a fun variation to play.

 

Pretty much agreed but I did like the fluff a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILLANDSON said:

Got my copy, and love it. The fluff's pretty good (not as good as DotDG, but then that's an entire book on fluff), and the rules are cool. Top work again.

its good im not the only one who thinks the book of acension is good value :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abhoth said:

MILLANDSON said:

 

Got my copy, and love it. The fluff's pretty good (not as good as DotDG, but then that's an entire book on fluff), and the rules are cool. Top work again.

 

 

its good im not the only one who thinks the book of acension is good value :)

Oh, of course not! It's got a lot in there and the new careers look like a blast. The only problem I see is whether it's a better idea to let my Acolytes work their way up or have them make new characters. Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space Monkey said:

I'm beginning to wonderif FFG forgot to export any copies, cos I can't find it on any UK site!!! llorando.gif Come on Gameslore! Come on Leisure Games & Orc's Nest!! Come on anyone!!!!

I know, I'm surprised I got my copy from FFG before Leisure Games got their copies sorpresa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who still don't have the book, I've recently ran across FRP Games website and they have the book in stock at a price that rivals amazon and, apparently, they'll ship to Australia, though the shipping will be between $12 - $14. I've went ahead and canceled out my amazon preorder and ordered from these fellas -so shortly I might have a book to sell my self if my deepest fears about it are confirmed, though I'm still holding out that it'll still end up meeting at least a few of my greatest hopes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like standard Clergy stuff..

The prayer looks a little older than normal mind you, but maybe all that augmetics conceals the fact they're really a lot younger.

I guess you can understand the +5 willpower when you consider it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×