Wraithdt

Imperial Heavy Tie Fighter [Light Spoilers]

40 minutes ago, Wraithdt said:

Vehicles.jpg

The name isn't fancy, but it works.

Also note the new AT-DT walker from the recent trailer. Looks like a Flak-88 with legs haha.

Why the Imperial Army thinks they need a Flak-88 with legs is beyond me. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration, as the Flak-88 gun was extremely dangerous, but I think the general principle stands. I also still am not super happy with the Arrestor Cruiser, McQuarrie lineage or not. I'll reserve judgment until I see the film, I'm still on the fence about those trailers too.

28 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I wonder what the D in AT-DT stands for?

Also still not sold in the Arrestor.

Ditto on the Arrestor. 

As for the AT-DT, I guess it's a given the huge cannon on the front will have something to do with it- Demolitions? Defense? (Analogous to AT-DP)

35 minutes ago, DampfGecko said:

Ditto on the Arrestor. 

As for the AT-DT, I guess it's a given the huge cannon on the front will have something to do with it- Demolitions? Defense? (Analogous to AT-DP)

Iirc the AT bit of AT-AT, AT-ST & the rest of the ones we already have stands for "all terrain

Reasonable guess that the usage on AT-DT is similar if not identical. Now to figure out what the DT stands for

Edited by namdoolb
Typo

4 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

the Flak-88 gun was extremely dangerous

I think you mean effective?

a sharp knife without a handle is dangerous, but not effective in an artillery/anti-tank/anti-air role.

I am sold on the Arrestor, at least in Armada, especially if it has an experimental retrofit slot. The name and the design both bode well for that type of role. It's about time the Intradictor got a solid boost as well, so I am expecting the Arrestor opposite the Dorrean Gunship flotilla. Probably packaged with U-wings, to even things up...  

Unless we get a 4 ship wave.

7 hours ago, namdoolb said:

Iirc the AT bit of AT-AT, AT-ST & the rest of the ones we already have stands for "all terrain

Reasonable guess that the usage on AT-DT is similar if not identical. Now to figure out what the DT stands for

Kinda thinking “Defense Turret” - on tge other hand it just sounds silly IMHO.

Edited by Captain_Nemo

I kind of like the simplicity of calling the new TIE a Heavy TIE fighter. Simple and explains exactly what it's role is.

I don't hate the Arrestor's design, but I'm not really enjoying it either. It might look cooler on screen and if it uses some sort of experimental tech (as an excuse for its odd-looking design) that might make it more interesting.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

Other question:

what is the “coaxium”?

Image result for coaxium 

looked it up and other than a wheat company this showed up, probably something he smuggles in the movie of ultra big importance to the Empire

3 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

Other question:

what is the “coaxium”?

"Hasbro’s new Kessel Run Millennium Falcon toy includes removable coaxium containers that Han can carry from place to place. While it’s difficult to say for sure, it’s very plausible coxium is what Beckett’s crew is trying to steal for Vos."

https://screenrant.com/solo-star-wars-story-conveyex-heist-coaxium/

Arrgh ... :ph34r:ed.

20 minutes ago, Captain_Nemo said:

Other question:

what is the “coaxium”?

it's the train.

since it's basically two trains running together on a single axis that is the tracks.

sorta like they are on a co-axis.

the containers are inside it and they steal them.

anyone disagree?

Edited by Geressen