Shadow345

X-Wing a Dead Game?

You should get to know more people. 

Don't know if you heard or not, but worlds sold out a 3rd full day this year over 2 last year, Europe had an almost 500 person single tournament, CAC this year was over 950 people (a lot who have posted about how much fun they had).  Time for new friends, yo!

9 minutes ago, jonnyd said:

You should get to know more people. 

Don't know if you heard or not, but worlds sold out a 3rd full day this year over 2 last year, Europe had an almost 500 person single tournament, CAC this year was over 950 people (a lot who have posted about how much fun they had).  Time for new friends, yo!

I just want to throw in that I went to the CAC in the state of PA and had a GREAT time. This event was fairly well done and was geared towards people having fun, but still doing their best (unless they REALLY wanted that Xwingo square).

X-wing certainly lost me and my group for awhile. I'd say right about the time I realised that the development team was moving the game away from positioning and towards deck building, so late 2016.

im playing again now, but exlusively casual with house rules.

Ordunance wing is not fun at all, and the game is mechanically unsound at present in a way that makes choices outside list building nearly irrelevant.

if i hadnt scratch build models and terrain and designed my own faction, i wouldnt play anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Icelom said:

X-wing is growing here...

Also why bother posting? How does this contribute anything?

it contributes the opinion of a player, consumer, and paying customer for discussion.

that is the sole purpose of this board.

All of the players I personally know share this opinion and desperately want the game they love to be fixed.

thats why theres a new "X-wing 2.0" post every week

Don't fly the resistance Bomber or Silencer, that will solve the last jedi hate.... But seriously if people stop playing a game because of a single movie, they did not really enjoy the game. 

I haven't been in a gaming community long, but it seems that things go in waves with some games. People love a game for a little bit, they play a lot and get burned out, so they stop, sometimes for a while, sometimes forever. Xwing seems to be a game like this, people got into it because of the IP, played it a lot and then something new comes along to take its place. 

38 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

X-wing certainly lost me and my group for awhile. I'd say right about the time I realised that the development team was moving the game away from positioning and towards deck building, so late 2016.

im playing again now, but exlusively casual with house rules.

Ordunance wing is not fun at all, and the game is mechanically unsound at present in a way that makes choices outside list building nearly irrelevant.

if i hadnt scratch build models and terrain and designed my own faction, i wouldnt play anymore. 

You claim you want positioning to matter then complain about something that is hard countered by positioning (ordnance).

You can dislike the game, but your reasoning is way off. If ordnance is bothering you then I don't think you were terrible good at positioning in the first place.

Last Jedi hate is mostly a myth.  Movie sold like mad.  Some might downplay that, any Star Wars movie is going to fill theatres, but Blu-Ray sold like mad so clearly folks liked something.  There's a small but vocal group of folks mad about The Last Jedi, but overall reception is quite positive.

1 hour ago, Shadow345 said:

Miranda Nym meta and Last Jedi hate means X-Wing a Dead Game?

Nobody I know has liked the game since 2016 early 2017.

You know some sad, sad individuals.  Maybe get out from under that rock and fly some GUNBOATS son!  If X-wing was dead the surely GUNBOAT was the second coming!

Usually X-wing here in my city every second week or so, we don't really pander to the meta to much.

We also have the X-wing campaign happening and every so often Epic, plus Star Wars weekends.

1 hour ago, Mrk1984 said:

it seems that things go in waves

14 of them, so far :lol:

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Last Jedi hate is mostly a myth.  Movie sold like mad.  Some might downplay that, any Star Wars movie is going to fill theatres, but Blu-Ray sold like mad so clearly folks liked something.  There's a small but vocal group of folks mad about The Last Jedi, but overall reception is quite positive.

I finally watched it on DVD for the 2nd time.  While I could appreciate what Johnson was trying to do more on the second pass, it's still a lame duck for me.

And the reason I invested in the DVD is A. it's SW, and B. the wife likes it a lot.

7 minutes ago, SwordOwaR said:

Usually X-wing here in my city every second week or so, we don't really pander to the meta to much.

We also have the X-wing campaign happening and every so often Epic, plus Star Wars weekends.

If XWM is going to survive for the long haul, FFG really needs to start looking at more than "standard play."

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

You claim you want positioning to matter then complain about something that is hard countered by positioning (ordnance).

You can dislike the game, but your reasoning is way off. If ordnance is bothering you then I don't think you were terrible good at positioning in the first place.

You may be misunderstanding the point, Icelom. The idea is, "It shouldn't require ordnance for arced ships to matter", and some people feel that it takes harpoons to make them matter in the current state of the game (Ordnance Wing). 

I think X-Wing is really quiet right now in my own local community. So I'm kind of feeling the "game is dead" vibe. We can get campaigns rolling, but actual 100-point dogfights don't happen.

But X-Wingers are a fickle bunch. They'll be back as soon as there's a new wave or FAQ or whatever.